Scot19000

My boss makes me pay her taxes for her

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have another problem!

I work for someone from the same country as I am. She runs a successful hair salon and really knows how to defraud the system. She knows I'm new and don't know anyone in this country so she screws me up really bad.

She's supposed to pay me every week but she doesn't. So after the second or third week I summon up all my courage and wait until I feel that she's done screaming at people on the phone or being nasty to the ones in the room and ask. She gets really mean and guilt trips me for wanting the money I have worked for. But usually she will pay the next day or the next few days, she always backdates the checks so it looks like she pays me on time.

When she checks my clients out she always asks them for cash. The clients are oftentimes reluctant to. Sometimes they say they want to pay with a card so they can tip me because they don't have enough cash. She tells them, "That's ok. Just pay the fee. You don't have to tip." She also asks regulars to write her checks, putting her name on them, not the name of the business.

The reason why she asks for cash or checks written to her is the income will go unreported so she doesn't have to pay taxes and can continue collecting welfare.

She often borrows cash or my credit card from me. When she pays back the money she includes it in the paychecks so it looks like that's the wage I earn while in fact it is not.

When it comes the time to file tax I am sure she will report all the amount she has borrowed from me and then paid me back as the money she paid me for working for her to get more deduction (she even pays people with no or low income to claim some of her income for her). That hurts me in many ways, not just the tax I will have to pay on the money I loaned her but also higher health insurance premium, and the false higher income disqualifies me from student financial aid.

I will quit working for this woman after she pays me next week. But then what should I do about the tax thing? Who I can bring this case to?

Please help me! You guys have been a great source of information whenever I have a question.

Thank you.

Edited by Scot19000

I'm not really sure how much help you are going to get for this on a forum dedicated to immigration help...

But good luck I guess!

Sorry you are in that situation. I just don't think this is the right place to ask that sort of question...

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

So sorry to hear about your situation!

I don't have any answers for you but I'm sure someone will chime in!

This is a great place to ask all sorts of questions!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's the perfect place for this conversation because this is a huge problem in the U.S. Exploiting immigrants through labor and taxes is not only a crime - not to mention welfare fraud - it's part of the moral decay of this country. This vile woman needs to be turned into U.S. Immigration, the Internal Revenue Service, the state tax agents, the state and federal departments of health and human services, the local and state licensing authorities, and the state board that regulates cosmetology licensing (or the state professional boards of registration, if you have one). You can take this woman down - and you should!

Immigrants need to be helped, not exploited. Message me and I'll tell you exactly how to right the wrongs. Keep the faith - she doesn't represent most of us. However, the problem is real and widespread. Send me a message.

did you keep any record of money she borrowed? You should quit as soon as possible and if you have any record of the money she borrowed write it off on your taxes, because if she is adding it to your paycheck then your paying taxes on your money 2 times, her

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You would want to report this to your state's department of revenue. You will need to supply them with some evidence of what you are claiming.

If you are unsure about it ask your spouse or a friend to help you.

Quit the job and move on. There are better employers out there..

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

It's the perfect place for this conversation because this is a huge problem in the U.S. Exploiting immigrants through labor and taxes is not only a crime - not to mention welfare fraud - it's part of the moral decay of this country. This vile woman needs to be turned into U.S. Immigration, the Internal Revenue Service, the state tax agents, the state and federal departments of health and human services, the local and state licensing authorities, and the state board that regulates cosmetology licensing (or the state professional boards of registration, if you have one). You can take this woman down - and you should!

Immigrants need to be helped, not exploited. Message me and I'll tell you exactly how to right the wrongs. Keep the faith - she doesn't represent most of us. However, the problem is real and widespread. Send me a message.

I guess I'm just a little confused because OP never actually even says they are an immigrant.. Or even in he US unless I missed it. I agree that taking advantage of immigrants is wrong and if that is the case then yes contacting the U.S. Immigration might be helpful but it's not even clear that that is the case here...

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Op says she's new here.....kinda shows she's an immigrant no?

And I guess the rest of us just assume she is in the USA since she posted in the forum "Moving to the US and your new life in America "

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

@MorganandMichael: I didn't know every time I make a post I have to state "I'm an immigrant" considering this is a website built to help immigrants. Also, my understanding is when WandY wrote "this vike woman needs to be turned into US immigration" he meant my boss. (On a side note, my boss has been a US citizen for many many years.)

I guess you haven't spent much time navigating the forum. This is a great site for immigrants and those who want to bring their loved ones to the US. However, that doesn't mean only questions about immigration are accepted here. Thus, there are subforums called "Off-topic", "Moving Here and Your Life in America"...If you read my original post you would see that I said I have asked a lot of questions and have always got helpful answers.

Thank you for your time, though.

Thank you so much for your support. It's not easy when you're new in a foreign country.

No, she doesn't represent most of YOU. She represents most of US, the people from my country, even though she's officially an American now. What she does is very typical.

I will message you when I log in on the computer. Thus mobile device I'm on is too tiny I tend to make too many typos and if I don't fix them quick enough I'm not allowed to do that any more.

Thank you again, sincerely.

Edited by Scot19000

You would want to report this to your state's department of revenue. You will need to supply them with some evidence of what you are claiming.

If you are unsure about it ask your spouse or a friend to help you.

Quit the job and move on. There are better employers out there..

I don't have a spouse. Nor do I have friends here. How do I go about collecting evidence of her cheating on the taxes when she's always at the salon with me? Am I supposed to video record the activities at the salon?

The cash she borrows I don't have a record of but some of the credit card transactions can be tracked down to her, like using it to pay fines to the department of regulations and licensing...or at least I think so because I don't own the salon why would I pay a fine for it?

Thank you for your advice.

Edited by Scot19000

did you keep any record of money she borrowed? You should quit as soon as possible and if you have any record of the money she borrowed write it off on your taxes, because if she is adding it to your paycheck then your paying taxes on your money 2 times, #### her

I know exactly how much she borrows from me, and what time. There's no record of the cash but some of the credit transactions I think can be proven done by her.

I'm very angry at this woman but I need to make a living and I know as far as I work for people from the same country as me, things will be the same. All the same. Americans just don't hire me, not even Wal-Mart. Perhaps if I had waited long enough McDonald's would have called me for an interview but I had bills to pay, every month.

Edited by Scot19000

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you sleep better at night by reporting someone for something you can't possibly prove then I'm not sure I would consider yourself the better person in the situation. Cash business in the U.S. are known for this, on the scale of things going wrong in our country this is so low down on the list. I personally think you are wasting your time even considering reporting her, you aren't happy there so you quit. It is that simple. You obviously have hate for your employer and odds are it will be seen in whoever you report to. The way she treats you or her customers is not illegal, if she can stay successful being mean to people then that is her choice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.