dwheels76

January 2016 Interviews

1,049 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Anyone have an interview coming or already done at vietnam embassy please share your experiments. As if what to bring and can u request to pick up the visa or have to be send? Can u provide the address or it will automatically send to your address in the application? And do they keep your passport? Because it is a loose visa correct? Or stamp in the passport? Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anyone have an interview coming or already done at vietnam embassy please share your experiments. As if what to bring and can u request to pick up the visa or have to be send? Can u provide the address or it will automatically send to your address in the application? And do they keep your passport? Because it is a loose visa correct? Or stamp in the passport? Thank you.

Hi,

My interview date is Jan. 21, 2016. As I have read many forums, after the successful interview, we will go to the EMS counter to give them our address where we want them to mail our passport with visa stamped on it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

I had a question. I got married on 28 Dec 2014 and have put filing status single for irs return 1040 ez.

yes I know it is mentioned on vj that no matter where your spouse is, if you are married at end of tax period that is 31 Dec 2014 for my case then have to file as married filing jointly or married filing separately.

now situation is that I have interview in 10 days from now. and if it comes to co's notice it could be a red flag I guess but my reason is that we didn't file married because beneficiary doesn't have Ssn number. we didn't have any other intention to hide or something. now I cannot ammend returns now as I heard it takes three weeks to get amended return. if counter asked what answer can I give to support? any suggestions? has anyone got into such a situation. your inputs could be a great help.

Hi,

I was in the similar situation but we had time before the interview and we submitted everything to the NVC. My husband just printed the form 1040X (the amendment form) filled it and sent it to IRS. He put "married filed separated' this time. And left blank the field with SS# as I didn't have it.

I know it's late to send it to the NVC anyway you can do it now and take the copy to the Embassy. And if you are asked about that you can prove it with the document. My opinion: It's better to fix it prior your interview and give it a chance than to have failed on the interview if they notice this problem. Anyway good luck to you!

Edited by Katyusha.russia

event.png

Congrats on CC...Mine took about 3 weeks...CC October 21st ...Interview Scheduled November 10th...Hope you'll get good news soon...

Hubby's medical in 2 days ...then counting down to the BIG day :)

Congrats on CC...Mine took about 3 weeks...CC October 21st ...Interview Scheduled November 10th...Hope you'll get good news soon...

R u F2A category ?

My cc 20/11 .not interview yet :(

R u F2A category ?

My cc 20/11 .not interview yet :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Issued! The interview was on December 2nd, on the 5th SEAC status changed to Administrative Processing and today, on the 7th it says Issued. Now it's carved in stone finally and I am out of any doubts :D The local delivery company said to call them after 6pm and if delivered, the passport can be picked up until 7 pm. Hope, this will happen, then we'll be able to buy the tickets for December 10th. Packing... cleaning up the apartment... happy! :jest::wub::energy:

CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Georgia

Marriage: 2015-01-11

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-10 - sent from abroad, auto-expedite

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-07-14

I-130 Approved : 2015-08-13 (30 days)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received by NVC: 2015-09-02 (in 20 days after the approval) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

Case # assigned: 2015-09-10 (in 8 days after the case was received) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

DS-261 filled: 2015-09-14

AoS fee paid: 2015-09-15

DS-261 reviewed over the phone:2015-09-17

Agent registration email: 2015-09-18

IV fee available: 2015-09-18

IV fee paid: 2015-09-22

IV fee showed paid: 2015-09-23 right before the end of the working day at NVC - at almost midnight EST.

AoS and IV package received: 2015-09-23

DS-260 filled out 2015-09-24

Scan date: 2015-09-24

Now let's get some patience for 3 weeks and hope CC will come without any delays :luv:

Case complete: 2015-10-21 (27 days)

Interview date issued: 2015-10-23

Received by the embassy: 2015-11-12

Interview date: 2015-12-02 (Request to reschedule for the earlier time denied.)

Approved!!!

Visa issued: 2015-12-07

Visa in hand: 2015-12-07

US entry: 2015-12-11

Social Security card arrived only after the visit to SS office, on 01/20

Green Card arrived: 2016-01-27

From NOA-1 to the interview - 141 days (4 months and 18 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys hope you all doing good, so i was checking my documents that im going to take with me to my interview date next week and I found that my mother family name is written wrong , it supposed to write with ER- should i worry about that can that effect on my interview??? Thank you guys

Hopefully not. These are all the things they do background checks on the immigrant.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Issued! The interview was on December 2nd, on the 5th SEAC status changed to Administrative Processing and today, on the 7th it says Issued. Now it's carved in stone finally and I am out of any doubts :D The local delivery company said to call them after 6pm and if delivered, the passport can be picked up until 7 pm. Hope, this will happen, then we'll be able to buy the tickets for December 10th. Packing... cleaning up the apartment... happy! :jest::wub::energy:

Congratulations. Mercies journeys.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

congratulations safe flight

Hopefully not. These are all the things they do background checks on the immigrant.

thank you for the response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Our expedited case status shows ready on December 2. Checked now and the satus updated date is December 6 but still have no interview date yet. Should I contact the embassy or wait till they contact us ??

Are they still working on it ?

Thank you !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations.

That is good to hear your visa was issued. That was fast.

I think pretty much everything with your case was fast.

Our expedited case status shows ready on December 2. Checked now and the satus updated date is December 6 but still have no interview date yet. Should I contact the embassy or wait till they contact us ??

Are they still working on it ?

Thank you !!!

In our experience they contacted us. Looks like they are close to getting in touch with you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations wishing you happy life together!!

It's January 18th @ 7:30 a.m. Hamdulillah :)

So, now the situation is different .. I'm a US citizen and my wife will be a green card holder inshallah .. And I applied for my daughter in the USCIS and she got a case number .. Will we be able to get her with her mother in the interview or we should wait the normal processing from the USCIS to the NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.