Egyptian Cotton

Any chance being pregnant would speed up my husband's CR1 visa processing time?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband and I (he is Egyptian I am American) are currently living in Cairo, Egypt. We have been married for a year but living together for 4 years. He is applying to graduate programs in the US and we were planning on going to the US with a student visa next fall (September 2016). He has not been accepted into a program yet, this was just the plan.

We recently found out that I am pregnant and due in June. I want to have the baby in the US. If we start applying for a spousal visa now is there any chance of him getting it by June 2016? Does my being pregnant allow us to somehow speed up the process? I don't want to apply for the CR1 visa only to have it take a year and prevent my husband from getting the student visa. He has been denied tourist visas twice in the last 2 years because we can't establish strong enough ties to Egypt, so that is not an option.

Any advice???

Thanks!

No chance whatsoever that it will affect it.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Nope

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My husband and I (he is Egyptian I am American) are currently living in Cairo, Egypt. We have been married for a year but living together for 4 years. He is applying to graduate programs in the US and we were planning on going to the US with a student visa next fall (September 2016). He has not been accepted into a program yet, this was just the plan.

We recently found out that I am pregnant and due in June. I want to have the baby in the US. If we start applying for a spousal visa now is there any chance of him getting it by June 2016? Does my being pregnant allow us to somehow speed up the process? I don't want to apply for the CR1 visa only to have it take a year and prevent my husband from getting the student visa. He has been denied tourist visas twice in the last 2 years because we can't establish strong enough ties to Egypt, so that is not an option.

Any advice???

Thanks!

Hello, your question is important, yet its confusing to me and to the officer who will interview you and the answer will be confusing as well haha

The fact that you are being pregnant would not speed up the process, in fact this will lead me to an important point which is:

there is no reason that you can give to the Immigration Officer to convince him of giving your husband a spousal visa in the first place,

Let me explain to you why;

1- You have been living in Cairo as you mentioned and not in the USA, there is no reason for the officer to give your husband a spousal visa unless you have well established plans that you both are moving to the USA to permanently live there

2- You mentioned that he already applied for a graduate program which makes a spousal visa an impossible solution as well because the main intention for you is to give him a green card, despite being bona-fide marriage or no it will sound fishy to the officer, why would you apply for a graduate program then a spousal marriage? that's in case he applied for a graduate program visa at the embassy... if he didn't apply for an actually visa at the embassy then that takes me to my third point

3- Assuming this is the first application at the embassy, the officer will definitely ask you, what is the purpose of the visa? are you moving? are you visiting? why do you want to get an immigration visa ? as you mentioned, because you want to give birth to your baby, the realistic answer to that is; B1/B2 visa

this will burst your bubble and I understand

But guess what? Its all up to the immigration whether to approve it or no, its solely up to him, and I have seen a lot of cases where people get denied for small reasons and some get away with major problems

One thing I learned from my immigration journey is to be realistic, tell the truth and wait for it... say the truth and get denied is way better than lying and getting denied for that... its not worth it ...

alll the luck !!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are planning on moving to the US. We were going to wait until September, when his grad school program started, but now we want to go earlier, in May or June so that I can have the baby there.

I have applied for jobs and will have an apartment before we leave.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is an unofficial expedite that may get you there in that time frame, sounds like you have not applied so do so asap.

More certain than a student visa which is non immigrant and may be refused due to pregnant US wife, you would need convincing evidence that you would be returning and that does not seem the case.

Also bear in mind you are dealing with a high fraud consulate and the need for AP.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We are planning on moving to the US. We were going to wait until September, when his grad school program started, but now we want to go earlier, in May or June so that I can have the baby there.

I have applied for jobs and will have an apartment before we leave.

In all cases

you need to go first, establish life even short one, or u can apply now and tell the officer your story of moving to USA, it might be

convincing at some point

as the other member said, a pregnant US wife doesnt mean a visa to go back, so the only way to do it is an immigrant visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes there is.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

But don't count on it.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

As I said, we are applying for an immigrant visa. My question is: is there any chance of getting it by June?

FYI : if you file for spousal, then it's a no unfortunately. Check our timelines here and you'll see how long does it take. Plus, with you living in Egypt which means you're not working and filing for taxes in the US. You'll need a co-sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi!

So I would say don't count on him getting an immigrant visa specifically a CR-1 before your baby arrives. If you haven't started the visa process already - just know your looking at a 12+/- month process from beginning (submitting the I-130) to end (picking up your spouse at the airport).

Check Igor's list to get a better idea of how long it has been taking CR-1 visas from Egypt.

I also got pregnant during my husbands visa process and due to issues with his government job in Morocco he wasn't there for the birth - if there weren't any issues with his job - then he would have been there for the birth because I got pregnant after we were already at the National Visa Center (NVC).

I am a bit confused on how he would travel to the US without a spousal visa ?? Has he been approved for a student visa through the graduate school process??

You could also travel back to the US to give birth and then travel back to visit your husband during the visa process but you HAVE to have residency in the US or fall under specific exceptions ie working for the US State Department abroad to get approved for the visa with your husband.

Another thing that also occurs to me is that you will need an income that meets the requirements for the I 864 - or a co sponsor meet the requirements as the Consular Officer can require up to 150% of the income guidelines.

I wish you luck!

Ally & Omar

Timeline to Immigrate to the United States of America -

Travel back to our Moroccan Home from Casa: 10/17/2014

Husband submits for vacation from Protection Civile: 10/28/2015

Husband submits for demission from Protection Civile :11/10/2014

I travel personally to the Main Office of the Protection Civile in Rabat and submit a Dolence: 12/09/2014

I travel back to the USA in preparation of the birth of our baby - 12/18/2014

Husband travels back to Rabat to the main office of the Protection Civile and meets with "Head of Human resources" and told to resubmit his vacation request - told his request will be approved by 1/15/ 2015: 1/07/2015

Husband asks commander to call main office of Protection Civile to check the status of the new vacation request and is told no one but the general can approve his request and he is on vacation: 1/28/2015

Husband stops going to work for the Protection Civile in protest: 1/29/2015

We hire a lawyer in Casablanca to help my husbands case with regards to the Protection Civile : 02/2015

Lawyer sends letter to the Main office of the Protection Civile - 02/04/2015

Our daughter is born with my husband still stuck in Morocco - 2/09/2015

Direction (Main Office) of the Protection Civile Sends out Alert Letter to my husband and my husband picks it up on- 02/13/2015

Husband goes to US Consulate to request an extension of his visa - US Consulate says they won't extend his visa however they can issue him a new one at the cost of 3000DH/ $311 -/+ and to come back the last week of the month to get his second visa- 3/08/2015

Husband returns to the US Consulate and picks up *NEW VISA* with expiration date of 09/22/2015 on: 03/26/2015

Husband's first visa expires: 04/08/2015

Protection Civile continues to pay my husband - 04/2015

The lawyer sends letters to the Ministry of the Interior - 04//2015

My husband seeks help from the Prime Minister of Morocco's political party and called the lawyer to set an appointment to check on his case: 05/6/2015

My husband seeks help from a second lawyer when the first one proves unhelpful: 05/07/2015

My husband goes to Parliment to follow up with the Prime Minister's party - set a follow up appointment at a cafe the next day: 05/08/2015

I send a letter to the Moroccan Ambassador to the United States asking for help with my husband's case (registered mail): 05/26/2015

I go to Sen. Diane Feinstein's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/27/2015

I go to Sen. Barbara Boxer's office seeking help with my husband's demission from the Protection Civile: 05/28/2015

My husband returns to hometown in Morocco and returned his materials, the message awaiting him says "Demission Favorable.": 06/11/2015

Lots of running around to meetings and trying to get the authorization to leave Morocco by my husband: 07/2015

Husband goes to CMN airport trying to get paperwork authorizing him to leave Morocco and with the help of some powerful people GETS THE AUTHORIZATION: 07/23/2015 :dancing:

My husband leaves Morocco and arrives in the U.S.A. and meets his daughter for the first time at SFO airport: 07/27/2015

event.png

bzBsm8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There is not a need to have residency in the US, but rather domicile or steps made to reestablish domicile.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

As I said, we are applying for an immigrant visa. My question is: is there any chance of getting it by June?

I apologize we are hitting you with a lot of responses and maybe long ones

we just need to help you do it the best way

If a time frame is all you are asking about then its all up to how many applications are before you, and how fast the officer in charge of your application is

Good Luck!

Edited by moekaroit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.