23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a K1 Visa Holder, got married on 2011 here in US and for some reason my husband didn't file after we had our son on 2013, around early 2014 i received a mail from USCIS possible that they don't need to interview me, and around september 2014 i received a mail again that they needed more documents from my husband's income which i did send the W2 and they said it wasnt enough again but that time my husband got locked up for 25 days, and it seems like he don't wanna help me with my paperworks, and late 2014 we hit rock bottom my husband got an accident on his foot which leads him taking painpill and thats the reason why he got busted and got in jail for a while, now he is probation until 2016, my case is already denied cause they only give me certain time,i know i can reopen the case which cost me $600 . What to do and what are the paperworks i need to send for them to open the case again,. Me and my husband are still together until now, but it seems like he really don't care if i get my paperwork done or not as long as he ain't spending any dime on it. ( i know i am not one of the lucky girl out there) but in order for me to work and atleast help paying our bills i gotta do this first,.

Now that my husband's work is slow cause he is a construction worker, so if we send his 2014 tax income i know for sure its below average income, and he didnt even do his tax this, (he said he will) USCIS don't care about it they will still deny it, is there anyway i can have his mom like the back up person and show her asset and all that?

Another thing, i have a son, is there a possibility i get deported if i don't have any paperwork to show? I have a driver's license but thats about it.. I really appreciate any help and info i can get, pls free to ask anything if something is not clear for you, TY IN ADVANCE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

First point is that he has to be your sponsor, so will he sponsor you.

His mother can be a joint sponsor.

He has to file his taxes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yah, he is willing to give his paperwork and all that but the only thing we don't have enough assets to prove, cause he broke his foot have'nt work for a while, and i know his mother is willing to that joint sponsor, what are the paperwork i need from her? And is there any paperwork from USCIS i need for her to file?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Please read and follow the guides http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos. I don't know if a motion to reopen will work since the case was denied due to you failing to respond adequately to an RFE. Your spouse will always be the main sponsor and to do this he will have to file his taxes and fill out the I-864. If your mother-in-law wants to co-sponsor she will also need to fill out the I-864.

Until your spouse files his taxes you can't do anything.

Timeline

Yah, thats what i've been begging for him to do, i think i am pretty sure i can reopen the case but will see how it goes, i wish i knew before about co sponsor,

Timeline

Have you thought of getting help, all the information is on this site under the guides but diy is not for everyone.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You can't possibly reopen the case - it's your inadequate response to RFE that got it denied. You have to file a brand new AOS and get the new medical done and pay all the fees.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

No not all, i thought i can do it on our own plus i did sent everything what they need, they even send me a mail before they ask for more prove of my husband's assets that they might don't need to have an interview with me and my husband cause they were too busy at that time and 4 months i received a letter that they needed more documents. I feel down and mad when i received it. And that time me and my husband wasnt in good condition so that didn't help .. He has a problem that really put me in depression

It sounds like you were properly denied, so a MTR/R would be unsuccessful.

You would need to file a brand new I-485, and have a new medical performed.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No not all, i thought i can do it on our own plus i did sent everything what they need, they even send me a mail before they ask for more prove of my husband's assets that they might don't need to have an interview with me and my husband cause they were too busy at that time and 4 months i received a letter that they needed more documents. I feel down and mad when i received it. And that time me and my husband wasnt in good condition so that didn't help .. He has a problem that really put me in depression

Sorry to hear about your problems. As someone already mentioned, You should look into getting some help. Some lawyers might give you time to pay after case is approved, so you can earn and pay them. I looked into if you were eligible for fee waiver, looks like you are not.

I would advise starting a new application and forget about old one. Things to get ready before hand would be:

1. Filing your husbands taxes. ( if impossible, still proceed with your application) or take him to h&r block to do it. you might get some refunds.

2. Getting the application together.

3. Affidavits of support including your husbands and any other relative with good income. Husband's income ( it is what it is)

4. Lastly, new medical examination.

5. Fees

6. Proofs of marriage

a. Joint lease, ( if unavailable a notarized statement from a neighbor/friend should help)

b. Joint utility bills

c. Joint bank accounts.

d. Before and after marriage photos with notated behind them in pencil that when and where they were taken.

e. Child birth certificate ( very important)

7. If your visa expired then prepare to apply for waiver also.

Apart from these this is what i would take to an interview if one is asked for:

a. All of above originals

b. More photos

c. Your education degrees/etc. if you are to be asked that how will you support yourself, as you said your husbands income is low.

Good luck. If you are to do this on your own to save money, then be sure you ask for help on the forum for everything you don't understand. Also there are guides online that help you fill the I-485 and other forms line by line explaining each item.

01/25/2010....Came to USA on F1 Visa

01/25/2012... Finished School B.S. Computer Science

04/19/2013.....Married!! to USC

AOS----timeline

05/28/2013.....I-130, I-485,I-131 & I-765 Packets Received at Chicago Lockbox

06/06/2013....NOA Texts and Emails received, 4 in total, as i filled 4 x G1145

06/06/2013....Checks Cashed

06/07/2013....NOAs in the mail

06/12/2013....Biometrics Appointment for "6/28/2013" "Warning: Case will be considered abandoned if you don't show for appointment" LOL

06/18/2013...Walk in Biometrics done, reached at 7:50 am, got out at 8:20 am

07/15/2013... Notice Received, Interview scheduled for Aug 20th dancin5hr.gif

08/10/2013... EAD Combo Card received says "Valid for Travel outside the USA"

08/20/2013... iNTERVIEW at Downtown LA. Approved

08/29/2013... Permanent Resident Card Received

I-751-----timeline

05/22/2015....I-751 Applied

06/xx/2015....NOA Received

06/20/2015....Called USCIS filed complaint-No Biometrics appointment, rude people

07/21/2015....Biometrics appointment

08/10/2015...Walk in into USCIS field office for I-551 stamp in passport for 1 year

10/29/2015...Approval Email

11/03/2015...Permanent Resident Card Received

N-400-----timeline

05/29/2016....N-400 Applied

06/02/2016....Acceptance Email/Text

06/08/2016....Biometrics Scheduled for 6/21/2016

Timeline

Wow! Thanks for your response, especially to VEER143,, u still have more any idea or other option i am willing to listen so i have more clue and idea. I wish i know about this site before i filed my paperworks! It is what it is now. I might just file new ones but i gotta have my husband file his tax before i'll do this, it sounds like i gotta hustle just to get atleast $1,300 sounds like its not too much for anyone but it is for me, i don't have a real job everyday but i clean houses often, so i better start savings now, i think the only reason is they needed to see more documents on my husband's income and assets, i think i have confident if my mother n law will be the co sponsor, just to get this done, i know u guys thinking what am i doing for 4 yrs without doing anything, i just want to get my husband's trust that not all like me just wanna be here just to get green card or whatsoever, but reality hits now that i need to get my butt up and work and i ask him "how?" If i don't have any documents to show that i am eligible to work, then i can't work. I wanna help him but he never help me! Sucks!

Timeline

There is a LOT of stuff you can read in the guides here on this site and elsewhere.

Seems like a lawyer is out of the question but there are charities that will help.

The more you read, the more you see what others have done, the more you will be comfortable diy.

Having the MIL as a joint sponsor means that the only real issue with you husband is that his taxes are up to date.

You will need to refile. You will have to have your medical redone, and you husband will need to file his taxes. Also once your AOS was denied, your work authorization was revoked, so you can not work at ALL.

Timeline

Thanks BOILER and kim for the respond, yah i am trying to convince him to do his taxes. He is behind on child support and all that. Thats why we are still need to figure out every paperwork need to be done for his taxes. I know my life is crazy. Soon God will answer my prayers thanks for the advice and idea. I talked one of the lawyer he said he will charge me up to $3,000 still gotta pay the fee and all documents that he needs. Thats really too much for me.. I know this should be my husband's responsibility but we are couple if he ain't gonna do nothing , nothings gonna happen, so i'll make sure i'll do this right this time..

Timeline

Yah all i can do is doing under the table job, i live in a small town its really impossible to get one.. Thats why i need this papers to get it right and done so i can have a decent job, and atleast help him pay bills and expenses..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.