52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

THE LAST STAMP HAVE WD WHICH IS WITHDRAWN

APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION WITHDRAWN DATE 5/12/2015

THAT THE DATE I SUPPSOE TO LEAVE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Just because you can be admitted on a tourist visa for up to six months does not mean you will be given six months to stay. You could enter and be granted only two weeks. You have to leave by the date on the I-94, when they told you to leave. You can't just stay for six months because you want to.

Sounds like you overstayed back in November to March/April. The good news is it doesn't look like you overstayed long enough to have a ban. They may have cancelled your tourist visa, hard to tell from what you have said.

Have your spouse file for the CR-1 visa as I advised previously. Going and talking to CBP isn't going to accomplish anything. I don't see you entering the US on a tourist visa anytime in the near future, that is the price you pay for abusing it.

Timeline

Your visa expired in November 2014? And you were trying to return to states in April 2015 with no valid visa? Sorry, a bit confused on the dates.

Going to the airport with your husband to talk to immigrations won't do anything, may actually complicate things more. Seems like you have no valid visa, visiting or otherwise, so there isn't much the officers at the airport can do.

Rather, go to a lawyer to discuss next steps.

I was on my school visa which expired jan2015, but I was not in school at that time. So I will just I was on police record which is a travel document.

We only going to find out what is my status.

Timeline

Just because you can be admitted on a tourist visa for up to six months does not mean you will be given six months to stay. You could enter and be granted only two weeks. You have to leave by the date on the I-94, when they told you to leave. You can't just stay for six months because you want to.

Sounds like you overstayed back in November to March/April. The good news is it doesn't look like you overstayed long enough to have a ban. They may have cancelled your tourist visa, hard to tell from what you have said.

Have your spouse file for the CR-1 visa as I advised previously. Going and talking to CBP isn't going to accomplish anything. I don't see you entering the US on a tourist visa anytime in the near future, that is the price you pay for abusing it.

Yes I know I can’t just say 6 months, but am just saying, ohh no don’t get me wrong but it not like that. am not saying oh its 6 months so i can stay for 6 months. we all normal stay because we want to be with our love one .but if i did realize that what it really means i would have went back home. I never ask anyone about it. I wish i did. Yes I overstayed from November 2014 to March 2, 2015. We only want know what our stat in case the lawyer will want to know that why we going to the airport. No I don’t have tourist visa that one expired.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes I know I cant just say 6 months, but am just saying, ohh no dont get me wrong but it not like that. am not saying oh its 6 months so i can stay for 6 months. we all normal stay because we want to be with our love one .but if i did realize that what it really means i would have went back home. I never ask anyone about it. I wish i did. Yes I overstayed from November 2014 to March 2, 2015. We only want know what our stat in case the lawyer will want to know that why we going to the airport. No I dont have tourist visa that one expired.

You have no status. You're not in America. You misrepresented yourself to an IO. You need to apply for a b2 or cr1

Timeline

You have no status. You're not in America. You misrepresented yourself to an IO. You need to apply for a b2 or cr1

ok no problem. thank for your help

Timeline

I really don't understand all this about being on a school visa but not going to school but you were still in status because you were on a police travel record. Irrelevant anyway.

You need a visa to enter the US. You don't have one. You need to apply for one, either a tourist visa which you have almost no chance of obtaining or the CR-1. No amount of going to the airport, calling someone, etc is going to change that. Please have your spouse come on here and read the guide for filing for the CR-1.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes they sent me home and said in order to go back to the state I have to apply for a visa.

That 10 year ban means I will not be able to travel til next 10 years? Doing the CR1 which means I have to do the I-130 form only right? I cant just apply for waiver? Or I have to do the CR1 first?

My husband is planning to come so we both can go to the airport and talk to the immigration about the married and have a child.

Hi,

You will need a spousal visa to immigrate to the US.

With a WD stamp, you voluntarily withdrew your request to enter the US. This means you were not deported or refused entry, so you do not have a ban.

With a misrepresentation, you may want to get a lawyer to guide you.

Going to the airport with your husband to talk to immigration will not be helpful. There is nothing they can do. You and your husband needs to apply for a spousal visa if you want to come back.

Best of luck

As many have stated before, I think you should discuss your case with an attorney. One that has experience in these matters, not just any immigration attorney. See what they say. I do know that overstaying a tourist visa, using a student visa and not going to school or lying to an immigration officer can get you a 10 year ban. You can apply for a waiver though. But Im no expert here. Just get yourself a good lawyer and asap.

Timeline

I really don't understand all this about being on a school visa but not going to school but you were still in status because you were on a police travel record. Irrelevant anyway.

You need a visa to enter the US. You don't have one. You need to apply for one, either a tourist visa which you have almost no chance of obtaining or the CR-1. No amount of going to the airport, calling someone, etc is going to change that. Please have your spouse come on here and read the guide for filing for the CR-1.

I'm just saying I was in a school visa and was not in school. I was back home at that time even though that don't count. Ok we will not go to the airport that is the end of that. Now about visa I need to be sure which one I need to apply for or get the lawyer.

Our plans was to ear what they have to say then see what we will do apply for visa if if approved then go to the state and file the paperwork or if we can't then we have no choice but to file here at my end.

Timeline

Hi,

You will need a spousal visa to immigrate to the US.

With a WD stamp, you voluntarily withdrew your request to enter the US. This means you were not deported or refused entry, so you do not have a ban.

With a misrepresentation, you may want to get a lawyer to guide you.

Going to the airport with your husband to talk to immigration will not be helpful. There is nothing they can do. You and your husband needs to apply for a spousal visa if you want to come back.

Best of luck

I really need to be sure which visa to apply for you know.

Right that what I thought although they said am not ban.

Your not the only one telling me not to go to the airport, a lot of you people saying the same thing and I just will not go.

Timeline

As many have stated before, I think you should discuss your case with an attorney. One that has experience in these matters, not just any immigration attorney. See what they say. I do know that overstaying a tourist visa, using a student visa and not going to school or lying to an immigration officer can get you a 10 year ban. You can apply for a waiver though. But Im no expert here. Just get yourself a good lawyer and asap.

I totally understand, I wish it was easy to find a lawyer that experience in this matters. Because getting any lawyer some of them will just say anything just so they can get pay. Hope someone will know a lawyer who had experiences.

Timeline

You need to understand, you are not going to the US anytime soon. Being married to a US citizen does absolutely nothing as far as giving you permission to visit or live in the US.

Your spouse needs to come on here and read the guides for filing for the CR-1. He will file a petition, it will be processed, if it is approved you will be scheduled for an interview in your country, if the visa is approved you come to the US and get your green card. They may say you need a waiver due to lying about being married.

Please have your spouse come here and read the guides or hire an some reputable to do the paperwork for you. This process is not difficult, unless you need a waiver, but it is long.

Timeline

You need to understand, you are not going to the US anytime soon. Being married to a US citizen does absolutely nothing as far as giving you permission to visit or live in the US.

Your spouse needs to come on here and read the guides for filing for the CR-1. He will file a petition, it will be processed, if it is approved you will be scheduled for an interview in your country, if the visa is approved you come to the US and get your green card. They may say you need a waiver due to lying about being married.

Please have your spouse come here and read the guides or hire an some reputable to do the paperwork for you. This process is not difficult, unless you need a waiver, but it is long.

I understand, I will get him to read the guide.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really feel bad for you. But, you made many bad decisions. Now, you will have to live with them.

A CR-1 spousal visa is the only way I see. I do not know if there are any very, very good immigration attorneys there, but you need a very, very good one.

Or someone that can help you and your husband with the paperwork, it can be done, but it must be correct.

You have a long journey ahead of you, CR-1 visas, could be up to 12-16 months.

And as said on the news today, thousands of Syrian refugees will be coming to the USA.,..,I have no idea how this will effect the processing centers.

All I can do is wish you good luck, and hope you get lucky.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.