52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi I am new to this site. I need help and what should I do?
Am from Bahamas and my husband is us citizen. We got married last year July 20, 2015. We havent yet put in for our paperwork, I was in the status since I got married and never retune home until last year Oct for my grandmother funeral. When I went back home, after the funeral I went to the airport and I was questions, immigration gave me until November 10, 2014 to stay in the stat, that was my limited stayed in the status. I didnt ignore it because we have until 6 months to return back home. After being in the stat for another few month until march 2015, I came home because my mother was sick and I stayed home for about 4 weeks and I was able to go back to the state to my husband. Now I had an emergency I had to go back home again because of my mother April 20,2015 and she passed away april22,2015, I stayed home until the funeral, my husband came for the funeral. We both was leaving to go back to the state, we made a stupid mistake listen to family and friends. They us that we cant let immigration know we married because we havent done the paperwork. When we go to the airport we must act as we dont know each others. So we did. I told my husband to stand few step behind some people in case I have to be question he will know if I have to go in the back to be questions. Surely I was questions and had to go in the back. I was in the back for like 1 hour. My husband called my cousin to find out if I have left the airport with them and they said no, he waited and waited, he end up calling another cousin of mine and was talking for a while tell her how was questions and I have come up stair as yet, he said he ready to go down there and tell immigration I am his wife, but my cousin stop him and told him NO dont go down there cause it might be worst, he said ok and stayed. Immigration didnt let me go they said for me to go back to the state I have to get a visa. They asked me a lot of questions, as they ask questions, they type it in the computer and they even ask if am married and them no. that time I was pregnant, I have the baby girl in the Bahamas and she is now 3 months.

My question is what do I need to do? Have anyone have that problem or similar to that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did they send you back home? If so, I think it's safe to say now that it is time to consult and immigration attorney.

You misrepresented yourself by lying to a Immigration Officer about your marriage. That may result in a 10 year ban (at best). Your only path I see is to do a CR-1, get denied, and then do a ban waiver. But don't do this without the advice from a good attorney.

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you will have a hard time getting a green card- you need a good lawyer to represent you and I'm telling you now its going to be a LONG process just be prepared and don't blame anyone, regret or disappointed. you made a HUGE mistake by lying to Immigration officer. NoW its time for you to do a lot of research how to fix this...Good luck

Timeline

Yes they sent me home and said in order to go back to the state I have to apply for a visa.

That 10 year ban means I will not be able to travel til next 10 years? Doing the CR1 which means I have to do the I-130 form only right? I cant just apply for waiver? Or I have to do the CR1 first?

My husband is planning to come so we both can go to the airport and talk to the immigration about the married and have a child.

Did they give you a paper stating denied entry based on which section?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Immigration caught on to you. They saw you were using your visa to live in the US. One thing I want to ask...you say when you returned you were given until Nov 2014 to stay but you didn't leave until March 2014 because you know you have six months to stay. Please clarify this, did you stay past the date on your I-94?

Long and short of it, you committed misrepresentation to obtain immigration benefits. You are now probably banned from entering the US and for how long we don't know. Did they write anything in your passport?

Your spouse needs to begin the CR-1 process. Follow the guides provided here. Depending on what was entered into the system you may need a waiver.

Timeline

no they didn't denied, there nothing on the paper saying denied.

They questions me, while they was questioning me, they was typing on the computer. The main reason they didn’t let me go is for over staying. After all they gave me a copy of it and they keep one but when I look at the paper it have the question they asked and the answered I give them, but it don’t show they ask if a married and where I said no. unless they didn’t add it or they have it on the computer.

That when they say I can go to the state if I get a visa.

Now that we want to say am married we planning to go to find out what is my status and let them know am married.

Timeline

They said they will not ban me, denied or go to jail. I just need to get a visa.

Well November 2014 is when I suppose to return but I stay until March 2015, which is 5 months, no I didn’t stay past my I-94 date.

yes he is planning to start the process but he will come here first so we can find what they will say and when he return back home and do it. we will get a lawyer.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your visa expired in November 2014? And you were trying to return to states in April 2015 with no valid visa? Sorry, a bit confused on the dates.

Going to the airport with your husband to talk to immigrations won't do anything, may actually complicate things more. Seems like you have no valid visa, visiting or otherwise, so there isn't much the officers at the airport can do.

Rather, go to a lawyer to discuss next steps.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You say that they gave you until November what was the exact date on your I-94? Was it March?

Unfortunately you've already misrepresented yourself to an IO. They will likely be able to connect the dots. This isn't likely going to be an easy (or cheap) visajourney for you.

Timeline

When I leave they didn’t put the date. They only stamp on the date I leave and it has Nov 10 2014.

I came back home and I leave to go back to the state it was Mar 18, 2015 they stamp Sept 17 2015. At that point I didn’t have a problem going back to the state.

They must have written on your passport for your denied entry.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.