Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2015

883 posts in this topic

good luck tashired!

I called this morning and found out they finally received my case!

Cool! I gave them approx 12 days after receipt to start bugging for the case number. If they feed you the line about 42 days don't beleive it! Congrats on them receiving your case. Progress :)

IR2/CR2 Journey

02/19/2015 Day00 - Mailed I-130 for my daughter

02/23/2015 Day04 - Received NOA1 texts and emails - Yay!

02/27/2015 Day08 - Received Hard Copy NOA1 in mail - Middle name left off <_<

07/10/2015 Day141- Received Text with Approval/Confirmed via website :)

07/20/2015 Day151- Case sent to NVC - Recd Text & Email

07/24/2015 Day155- NVC received case

08/12/2015 Day174- Case Number & IIN received over the phone.."Oh happy day!"

08/21/2015 Day183- Ds261 Completed Online

08/23/2015 Day185- Paid Aos Fee Online

08/28/2015 Day190- Reviewed Ds261 over the phone

09/19/2015 Day213- Sent Packages (Aos & IV)

09/21/2015 Day215- Scan Date Letter recd by email

10/04/2015 Day228- Paid IV Fee

10/07/2015 Day231- Completed Ds260 - Now the wait :sleepy:

10/19/2015 Day243- Case Complete - Totally unexpected/Ds260 Completed only 2 wks ago - :dancing: To God be the glory!

12/31/2015 Day316- Interview Scheduled/P4 Email Rec'd

02/09/2016 Day354- Medical

02/24/2016 Day369- Interview Appointment - Praise God!

03/01/2016 Day375- Dhl delivers passport - 6 Days after Interview

03/03/2016 Day377-My Baby arrived - Poe Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl - God is Good!

I751-Removal of Conditions Journey

05/26/2015 Day00 - Mailed I751 - Finally! - Now the wait ^_^

05/28/2015 Day02 - Receipt Notice I-751

08/21/2015 Day87 - Walk-in Biometrics successful :)

08/27/2015 Day93 - Biometrics Appointment

10/27/2015 Day154 - Website said card production - love it!

11/05/2015 Day163 - Gc in Hand - To God Be The Glory

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone aware of more technical difficulties with the NVC Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center? I am being told they are having some technical difficulties. I thought this was fixed.

Let me know what you know.

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Anyone aware of more technical difficulties with the NVC Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center? I am being told they are having some technical difficulties. I thought this was fixed.

Let me know what you know.

Is that maybe why I can't log in to complete the DS-261? I waited but NVC still isn't finding my case in the data base?

I called back yesterday and had them repeat the case number and INN and I had it just fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is that maybe why I can't log in to complete the DS-261? I waited but NVC still isn't finding my case in the data base?

I called back yesterday and had them repeat the case number and INN and I had it just fine.

I can't rule it out, however I do remember getting my case number and on the day of trying to log in but was unsuccessful.

I say give it one more day and I plan to do the same.

Timeline

I can't rule it out, however I do remember getting my case number and on the day of trying to log in but was unsuccessful.

I say give it one more day and I plan to do the same.

You got it boss ...

I'll be bugging them even before the 12 days, just in case it is given before.

Cool! I gave them approx 12 days after receipt to start bugging for the case number. If they feed you the line about 42 days don't beleive it! Congrats on them receiving your case. Progress :)

How did you request your expedite? email or phone? How long did it take to approve?

If you think your situation merits an expedite...ASK! The worst that they can say is no. We had our expedite approved today and are being sent to the Consulate!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'll be bugging them even before the 12 days, just in case it is given before.

How did you request your expedite? email or phone? How long did it take to approve?

I requested at NVCexpedite email. Once they had everything it took 10 days (including weekends). My understanding is that it depends on the country as to how long it takes because from the NVC they send your request to the Consulate/Embassy that deals with your case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I got a checklist because of a few things. One of them was that my birth certificate was issued by the wrong authority. They're wrong (the NVC hasn't updated their information for Iceland in a long time it seems), so I need to explain that to them.

What I'm most worried about is this point regarding what's to be included on the birth certificate:

"-Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records"

Now I'm kind of worried that I need to get a new birth certificate and ask them to add some comment about how it is an extract from the official records. The certificate I have, and sent a photocopy of in June, has an Apostille stamp on it. Does anyone know if that's enough, or am I risking getting another checklist because this annotation isn't included?

Thanks for your help. :)

Did you have any emails back and forth between them in the meant time? Or just an email of approval ten days later? Did they say what the next part of the process would be?

I requested at NVCexpedite email. Once they had everything it took 10 days (including weekends). My understanding is that it depends on the country as to how long it takes because from the NVC they send your request to the Consulate/Embassy that deals with your case

Timeline

Guys I have a question -

I received my case number and INN yesterday 08/12/2015 but CEAC doesn't recognize it.

MY QUESTION - Should I complete the DS-261 over the phone with an NVC Rep or should I wait for CEAC to update and do it online?

I requested a supervisor review on 7/10/15, still no review. I call every day and no progress.... I can't get anyone to review my case. I even spoke to a supervisor and they said they can't help me but that they would see about getting someone to look at it... that was 3 weeks ago. So frustrating!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELLO VJ'ERS

I AM ASKING IF I AM ABLE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENT AFTER I COMPLETE THE DS-261?

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.