Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2015

883 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm living in Australia. I put USA as domicile and included the letter and that part of my AOS was fine. Just a heads up to help avoid a checklist, if you are just sending in a copy of your tax return and not tax transcript, be sure to have a letter explaining why you don't have a W-2. We got a checklist for that. Though according to NVC, we just have to bring that to the interview. I think.

Hey there! Thank you! I've been a homemaker so...no taxes for me. I had to write a letter explaining that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NVC still hasn't received my petition, so frustrating!

Very frustrating it is.

It will be 12 days from when USCIS sends it to the NVC, not 12 days from when it is approved. I had to call USCIS to confirm when it was sent and it was sent almost 2 weeks after it was approved so it was just sitting there at USCIS.

I forgot your situation. Please update your timeline.

If today was the 12 day marker, then keep caling, very likely it could be off a day or two but this week may find your petition being received at the NVC.

Edited by CallMeShams

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

12 days? I thought a week!! I was approved July 23rd, then received an email that it was sent August 4th.

Most probably, it will be there by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Keep calling! Good luck! :)

Edited by Urvashi

30-Dec-2014: Married

19-Jan-2015: I-130 Sent

21-Jan-2015: NOA

16-Jul-2015: NOA 2 (No RFE's! Yayy)

15-Jul-2015: Case sent to NVC

22-Jul-2015: Case received by NVC

5-Aug-2015: Case # and IIN assigned

6-Aug-2015: Filled and submitted DS-261

7-Aug-2015: AOS fee invoiced and paid(Status: In Process)

10-Aug-2015: AOS fees changed to PAID

10-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages sent

12-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages received(SCAN DATE)

13-Aug-2015: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

14-Aug-2015: IV fee invoice received

15-Aug-2015: IV fee paid(Status: In Process)

19-Aug-2015: IV fee status changed to PAID

19-Aug-2015: DS-260 completed

21st-Sept-2015: Put on supervisor review :(

03-Nov-2015: Case Complete!!

14-Dec-2015: Interview Day!!!

Timeline

12 days? I thought a week!! I was approved July 23rd, then received an email that it was sent August 4th.

Unfortunately I think it will be 12 days. By all means keep checking each day. I was doing that each day. My estimate is that on August 17 you will have received a case number.

Supposedly summer of last year saw it taking 55 days to assign a case number. I can't even begin to imagine that.

Thank you, I hope so! Good luck to you too!! :)

Most probably, it will be there by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Keep calling! Good luck! :)

12 days to be assigned a case number once they receive it or 12 days for them to just receive the petition once USCIS sends it over to NVC? Once they recieve it, do you think I can have them assign a case number quicker because I need an expedite?

Unfortunately I think it will be 12 days. By all means keep checking each day. I was doing that each day. My estimate is that on August 17 you will have received a case number.

Supposedly summer of last year saw it taking 55 days to assign a case number. I can't even begin to imagine that.

Edited by anonymous88

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

12 days to be assigned a case number once they receive it or 12 days for them to just receive the petition once USCIS sends it over to NVC? Once they recieve it, do you think I can have them assign a case number quicker because I need an expedite?

Well, mine took like 7 days for the NVC to receive and then 2 weeks for them to assign a case number.

30-Dec-2014: Married

19-Jan-2015: I-130 Sent

21-Jan-2015: NOA

16-Jul-2015: NOA 2 (No RFE's! Yayy)

15-Jul-2015: Case sent to NVC

22-Jul-2015: Case received by NVC

5-Aug-2015: Case # and IIN assigned

6-Aug-2015: Filled and submitted DS-261

7-Aug-2015: AOS fee invoiced and paid(Status: In Process)

10-Aug-2015: AOS fees changed to PAID

10-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages sent

12-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages received(SCAN DATE)

13-Aug-2015: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

14-Aug-2015: IV fee invoice received

15-Aug-2015: IV fee paid(Status: In Process)

19-Aug-2015: IV fee status changed to PAID

19-Aug-2015: DS-260 completed

21st-Sept-2015: Put on supervisor review :(

03-Nov-2015: Case Complete!!

14-Dec-2015: Interview Day!!!

Timeline

12 days from received to assign a case number. I don't think it will be any quicker but if so then that would be good since the NVC is cutting down on processing time.

7 days to go from USCIS to NVC.

From what I understand the expedite request will be sent to the Embassy. They expedite K1, entering a case number very quickly but I don't think they will do so with the IR1/CR1 visa.

Timeline

NVC received my AOS and IV packages on 7/17 an I submitted the DS-260 form on 7/31 .... When exactly should i start counting the 30 days?

From when they received it, 7/17. So hopefully by 8/17 you will be done with NVC and onto another phase.

Keep us posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anyone know if I would need multiple police certificate's if my wife has changed 3 different addresses in her home country since 16?

12/27/2014 - Married

USCIS Journey
01/28/15 - Mailed I-130 package

01/30/15 - Priority Date
02/03/15 - Email NOA1 received (case transferred to Nebraska Service Center)
02/07/15 - received hard copy NOA1
06/19/15 - Got approval confirmation over the phone
06/30/15 - Received hard copy NOA2
07/01/15 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC Journey
07/06/15 - NVC received case
07/20/15 - Case number & IIN assigned
07/26/15 - Submit DS-261
07/27/15 - Paid AOS bill
08/05/15 - Paid IV bill
08/07/15 - Complete and submit DS-260
08/12/15 - Mailed AOS and IV package
08/14/15 - AOS and IV package delivered
08/14/15 - Scan Date!!!!

09/03/15 - Called and confirmed CC :dancing:
09/10/15 - CC email received
10/02/15 - Interview scheduled

11/30/15 - Interview Date :goofy:

Timeline

Does anyone know if I would need multiple police certificate's if my wife has changed 3 different addresses in her home country since 16?

Based on the requirements here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

I would think so. Check the country specific requirement, if it is not available for the country then you are ok.

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a photocopy of a police certificate from the following locations:

From your... If you were... And resided there... Country of nationality At least 16 years of age At least 6 months Country of residence At least 16 years of age At least 6 months Country of previous residence At least 16 years of age At least 1 year Any country where you were arrested Any age For any timeframe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.