10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello i recently became a Us Citizen and now i am getting ready to petition for my parents and 3 sister's 2 are here in the Us and my parents and a sister are in Mexico. i know it be a while before my sister's can benefit but still i want to send petitions on monday but i need to know what documents to send with each petition.

i have Father's birth certificate and marriage license and my birth certificate and U.S passport same for my mother. now for my sister's do i need to add their husband and children do i need their marriage license as well...

thank you in advance for your assistance..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

but unless the laws change the 2 sister cannot adjust status in the US.

siblings take around 20 years for the priority date to be current

you will add the spouses and children on their i130, but no need for their paperwork for 20 years

you will need to prove relationship between your siblings as well as a petition for each of your parents

meaning yours and theirs births certificates, copies and if they are in Spanish you need to attach a translation into English

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hello i recently became a Us Citizen and now i am getting ready to petition for my parents and 3 sister's 2 are here in the Us and my parents and a sister are in Mexico. i know it be a while before my sister's can benefit but still i want to send petitions on monday but i need to know what documents to send with each petition.

i have Father's birth certificate and marriage license and my birth certificate and U.S passport same for my mother. now for my sister's do i need to add their husband and children do i need their marriage license as well...

Hi,

Here are the I-130 instructions and the documents required for each category; http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

You list your sister's husband and children. You do not need any of their documents.

Best of luck

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

For sisters you will need their birth certificate that shows at least one common parent that you have on your birth certificate.Ttheir marriage certificate if they are married and their children birth certificates might be needed later on if not for i130.

For you sisters, it will take around over 15 years before priority date will be current.

Your sisters in US need to remain in legal status for those many years until their priority dates are current and then only apply for Adjustment of Status.

Your sister/husbands/their children had to wait for those many years before they can apply for visa.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

For sisters you will need their birth certificate that shows at least one common parent that you have on your birth certificate.Ttheir marriage certificate if they are married and their children birth certificates might be needed later on if not for i130.

For you sisters, it will take around over 15 years before priority date will be current.

Your sisters in US need to remain in legal status for those many years until their priority dates are current and then only apply for Adjustment of Status.

Your sister/husbands/their children had to wait for those many years before they can apply for visa.

for sisters more likely almost 20 years, For Mexico they are working in1997, so it's over 18 years of waiting

Timeline

Your parents can apply for your sister when they get green card. Wait time is less.

hi

not true for Mexicans

first of all, LPR parents cannot file for married children

in second place, the wait is over 20 years, It is longer if parents file for them once they become USC, than siblings

for parents petitioning Mexican children over 21 , they are working with 1994

for siblings, 1997

he would need to file for parents, 1 year, then they have to wait 5 years until they can become USC for married children, and then file for petition, and wait over 20 years, so in all, it would be over 25 years of waiting and not knowing if they will live long enough

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you for your replies... a uncle of mine petition for mu uncles his brothers back in 2010 and they have cdj appointments for 08/10/2015 how is that possible?

Verify their priority dates.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

thank you for your replies... a uncle of mine petition for mu uncles his brothers back in 2010 and they have cdj appointments for 08/10/2015 how is that possible?

Hi,

It's not possible. You are missing out on some details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.