kkr2

Several questions about latest N400 application (merged threads)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

The latest instructions for form N400 don't tell anything about whether to use upper or lower case while filling up the form. My friend who applied few years back said it was supposed to be all upper case at that time. Has any one has recently applied and got approved... what case did you use when filling the form. (upper or lower).

Is it okay to fill up the entire form in upper case / Use a combination of upper and lower case. (eg Last names can be in upper case. Starting letter of first names, street addresses, place names etc. can be in upper case and everything else can be in lower case...

Please share your experiences.

Timeline

The documentation does not specify color or black & white, so I Was just wondering what is the typical preferred choice when sending photocopies.

Also, should the front and back copy of the green card be on the same page OR can they be on 2 separate pages. IF they are on 2 pages do you typically staple the 2 pages or is it okay to leave them loose in the application packet.

please share your experiences.

Timeline

Hello,

I had 2 traffic citation in the past. I plan to list them on the citizenship application. Each ticket was NOT DUI related. I had to pay a fine in each case for ~300$ and it resulted in 1 - 2 points on my driving record.

I will be listing these citations on my N400 application. I had a few questions on this regard :-

1. Do I need to provide any further documentation regarding the tickets when sending the N400 application. Is it a requirement ?

2. Part 11, table 29 asks "Why were you arrested, cited, detained or charged". The space is very little to fill an answer. So can I just say "Traffic citation".

3. Another column in the table asks "Outcome of the arrest, citation, arrest". The space here is also limited. So can I just say "Fine paid ($XXX)"

Please share your experience regarding this matter....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

~Similar/same-themed topics merged~

~No need to start multiple threads about associated queries, just continue same thread~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

I had 2 traffic citation in the past. I plan to list them on the citizenship application. Each ticket was NOT DUI related. I had to pay a fine in each case for ~300$ and it resulted in 1 - 2 points on my driving record.

I will be listing these citations on my N400 application. I had a few questions on this regard :-

1. Do I need to provide any further documentation regarding the tickets when sending the N400 application. Is it a requirement ?

2. Part 11, table 29 asks "Why were you arrested, cited, detained or charged". The space is very little to fill an answer. So can I just say "Traffic citation".

3. Another column in the table asks "Outcome of the arrest, citation, arrest". The space here is also limited. So can I just say "Fine paid ($XXX)"

Please share your experience regarding this matter....

1) Instructions say evidence is required only if alcohol related or $500. However, interviewers often (but not always) ask for evidence at the interview). Advice: take evidence with you to the interview.

2) You can do that and give details at the interview or you can say "Speeding Ticket" or "Ran Red Light" or something like that... if they want to know more, they'll ask.

3) Fine paid, dismissed, etc.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I am applying for citizenship on the basis of being a green card holder for more than 4 years and 9 months. My application is fairly straight forward.

1. Do I need to provide a cover letter. IF so is there a standard template I can use ?

2. Is there a preference on how to arrange the application packet. Files / folders e.t.c...I Was wondering if it is okay to just put all the pages in order and use binder clip to keep the whole thing together. I'll use a paper clip to fasten the check to the first page of the application. Another paper clip to fasten a small cover(containing the photos) to the first page of the application.

3. Is there a preferred way on how to mail in your application (if applying from california)...USPS or private courier.... Do you need to ask for delivery confirmation...I Am not sure if there is somebody present there to sign for the applications...in which case delivery confirmation is useless

please advise.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

The latest instructions for form N400 don't tell anything about whether to use upper or lower case while filling up the form. My friend who applied few years back said it was supposed to be all upper case at that time. Has any one has recently applied and got approved... what case did you use when filling the form. (upper or lower).

Is it okay to fill up the entire form in upper case / Use a combination of upper and lower case. (eg Last names can be in upper case. Starting letter of first names, street addresses, place names etc. can be in upper case and everything else can be in lower case...

The documentation does not specify color or black & white, so I Was just wondering what is the typical preferred choice when sending photocopies.

Also, should the front and back copy of the green card be on the same page OR can they be on 2 separate pages. IF they are on 2 pages do you typically staple the 2 pages or is it okay to leave them loose in the application packet.

please share your experiences.

I don't think any of this matters... the only exception I can think of is the capitalization of names... If your name is McNeil and you write MCNEIL, then you might get a naturalization certificate that says Mcneil. So to me it makes sense to use the proper upper/lower case combination, but USCIS doesn't really care.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello,

You would definitely not want to fill up the form in upper case unless you are handwriting on it or unless specified. Use typical type pattern, first letter upper case and the rest lowercase. Sometime people use uppercase for last name but not necessary.

USCIS prefers forms filled up in uppercase if it is filled handwritten so it will be easier for officers to understand.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hello,

I am in a similar boat regarding the blanks vs N/A situation.

Based on the USCIS instructions "Answer all questions. Type or print "N/A" if an item is not applicable"

Now there are several questions that are not applicable to me :-

1. Other names you have used since birth :- Do I just leave it blank, or write "N/A" under last name or do I write "N/A" in all 3 columns (last name, middle name, first name) ?

2. Where have you lived during the last 5 years (Mailing address if different from above).

Do I leave it blank, or write N/A in the first field or do I write N/A in each address field there.

3. Prior spouses family name and other details. Again here..Do I leave it blank, or write N/A in the first field or do I write N/A in each field.

4. How many times has you current spouse been married ?...me and my wife have been married to each other..still married and neither of us has had prior marriages. So I Am not sure weather the correct to that questions is 1 or 0.

Please advise.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread hijack attempts moved to previous ongoing thread~

~one duplicate removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.