185 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just checking whether anyone here has any updates to report. I have been seeing some bursts of interview appointments announced on other threads and was wondering if any July work/student/tourist folks have gotten theirs too.

I personally am still waiting. :) It's been exactly 100 days since the receipt of my initial application and 65+ days since the receipt of my RFE response. My local office (Buffalo) doesn't have a ton of applicants who have signed up here, so it's hard to get a read on what timeline we should expect and the processing times on the USCIS site are ridiculously unreliable.

I have been waiting impatiently too lol, mine was updated to "you case is ready for schedule an interview" since August 12th ( about 63 days) and it has been 3months from the day I sent out the package.

I really hope to get interview schedule soon.

Wish all of us get a good news soon.

-My Timeline-

Mar 21, 2015 »»» Got Married

Jul 15, 2015 »»» Sent out AOS Package

Jul 17, 2015 »»» Package delivered

Jul 22, 2015 »»» Received NOA1 texts

Jul 23, 2015 »»» Check cashed

Jul 30, 2015 »»» Got NOA1 hard copy

Jul 31, 2015 »»» Received Biometric schedule letter for 8/10/15

Aug 10, 2015 »»» Biometrics done!

Aug 12, 2015 »»» Online status updated "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview"

Sep 21, 2015 »»» EAD and AP approved

Sep 24, 2015 »»» EAD mailed out

Sep 25, 2015 »»» Letter of approval for EAD arrived

Sep 26, 2015 »»» Combo card arrived

Dec 22, 2015 »»» email and text received for interview schedule date

Dec 24, 2015 »»» letter for interview schedule arrived the appointment date is "01/25/2016" only few days after my BD woo-hoo!!

Good luck in your journey, Everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought I would share my latest update here since I noticed some mention that this thread isn't too active.

I've been working through an adjustment of status from a tourist visa ... I'm given to understand a B2 visa, but of course I have no I-94 or stamp in my passport because I am Canadian. We applied for the adjustment of status in mid July and we received our NOA on July 22, 2015. We did have a RFE and then I received notice that my interview was scheduled for the morning of October 22, 2015 (notice was sent on September 16).

Yesterday as my husband and I were doing some last minute preparations for our interview in Louisville we got a call from the immigration officer to let us know that she was preparing to approve our case based on what we'd sent in with our application and that we didn't need to attend our interview! Sure enough, less than an hour later I received notice of a change to my case, and when I checked my uscis case status I found my I-485 status updated to 'card is in production'. A few hours later I had another couple of updates to my I-130, which was approved and put into post decision activity and also to my I-485 which was updated to 'welcome letter sent'.

We were certainly pleasantly surprised that everything moved quickly and that we weren't required to attend an interview. I didn't know that happened with aos from non-immigrant visas.

Wow definitely haven't updated this and meant to. We had our interview on Oct 6th, at 8:15 am and received instant approval. We are waiting on the actual card now. Good luck to everyone still waiting!! hang in there!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

3 weeks since completing our interview, have not heard anything yet. I will probably plan on an infopass next month.

Edited by medicalguy

N-400 Naturalization acpplication

9/9/2018: 90 day window early application opened. (3 year rule)

9/9/2018: N-400 Application submitted ONLINE. Estimated case completion: November 2019 (14 months).

9/10/2018: NOA

9/15/2018:Scheduled for Biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 10/1/2018

10/1/2018: Biometrics completed. 

4/11/2019: Scheduled for Interview.

5/20/2019: Interview day, APPROVED!

5/30/2019: Oath Ceremony. Officially a US citizen! Time to Vote :D

AOS / AP / EAD

7/22/2015: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

7/28/2015: Received electronic notification that USCIS has received my case and they are forwarding it to national benefits center.

8/1/2015: Received Hard copy of NOA of all 4 forms by mail.

8/6/2015: Received Biometrics appointment in mail, date 8/20

8/20/2015: Biometrics completed.

8/31/2015: Case updated to Interview scheduled for 10/1/2015

9/1/2015: Received interview letter hardcopy by mail

9/28/2015: EAD / AP Card in production

10/1/2015: Interview completed, unfortunately will need further review...

10/3/2015: Recieved EAD / AP combo card in mail

11/16/2015: Completed first Infopass. J1 file still pending from DOS

12/9/2015: I485 / I130 approved. I-485 updated to "New Card is being produced"!!!

12/14/2015: Received I130/I485 approval / Welcome letter

12/15/2015: Received Green Card in mail!!!!

J1 Exceptional Hardship Waiver Timeline:

12/18/2014: Form DS-3035 was received by the DOS

11/2014-2/2015: We collected letters of support from Family

2/15/2015: Last DS-2019 was received.

2/27/2015: Sent I-612 + Affidavit and supporting documents (This was sent to California Service Center)

3/4/2015: USCIS received I-612 and sent Form I-797C notice of action in mail which I received later on.

4/9/2015: USCIS requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for Form I-612

4/14/2015: From I-612 and I-613 were received by the DOS

5/6/2015: DOS: Post input: received,

6/27/2015: DOS decision turned to Favorable recommendation, Recommendation sent on 6/26

7/2/2015: USCIS approved I-612 application online

7/9/2015: Received Hard copy approval in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I thought I would share my latest update here since I noticed some mention that this thread isn't too active.

I've been working through an adjustment of status from a tourist visa ... I'm given to understand a B2 visa, but of course I have no I-94 or stamp in my passport because I am Canadian. We applied for the adjustment of status in mid July and we received our NOA on July 22, 2015. We did have a RFE and then I received notice that my interview was scheduled for the morning of October 22, 2015 (notice was sent on September 16).

Yesterday as my husband and I were doing some last minute preparations for our interview in Louisville we got a call from the immigration officer to let us know that she was preparing to approve our case based on what we'd sent in with our application and that we didn't need to attend our interview! Sure enough, less than an hour later I received notice of a change to my case, and when I checked my uscis case status I found my I-485 status updated to 'card is in production'. A few hours later I had another couple of updates to my I-130, which was approved and put into post decision activity and also to my I-485 which was updated to 'welcome letter sent'.

We were certainly pleasantly surprised that everything moved quickly and that we weren't required to attend an interview. I didn't know that happened with aos from non-immigrant visas.

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Wow I didn't even know that was possible if you were adjusting from a tourist visa! Congrats! I'm still waiting for my interview, on day 114. But the fact that I know have a full time job makes the waiting way more bearable!

AOS timeline

06.26.2015 Mailed out AOS package

06.30.2015 Package delivered to Chicago lockbox

07.10.2015 Hard copies NOA-1 received by snail mail

07.17.2015 Biometrics appointment letter received

07.30.2015 Biometrics appointment

09.02.2015 Received email - EAD approved

09.08.2015 Received EAD approval letter/Case updated-card mailed

09.10.2015 Received EAD card ?

09.15.2015 State ID received

12.01.2015 Interview. Approved a couple of hours after. ??

12.04.2015 Green card was mailed out

12.05.2015 Received approval/welcome letter by snail mail

12.10.2015 Green Card in hand ???

65 days until EAD approval

155 days until Green Card approval

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I figure I may as well post my timeline here, I'm not usually one to post much on forums but this site has helped me greatly.

EAD/AP

8th July 2015: Date filed
15th July 2015: NOA 1 recieved
4th August 2015: Biometrics done
11th November 2015: Approved
18th November 2015: EAD/AP card received

AOS:

15th July 2015: NOA 1 received
20th October 2015: Interview (recommended for approval!!)

Our interview was at Philadelphia, it went very well. The lady interviewing us was very nice, we went in together and I handed her the interview notice then we were sworn in. Firstly she wanted to see originals of everything we included in our applications, birth certificates etc. She then asked my Husband (USC) the usual questions, name, d.o.b. and went through some of the questions in his i-130 application. After she was done with that she turned to me and went over some of the yes/no questions in my i-485 application. In between asking some of these questions she would randomly fire questions like "So, who did you marry?" "Does your Husband have any children?" and others. After that was over, I asked her if it was possible for me to have the name changed in my application to my married name, she was unsure if it could be done but made a note that I would like it changed, I had shown her that my SSN was in my married name at this point. She asked if we had any further evidence, like photographs. I went to grab my tablet that had photographs on it to show her and she responded telling me that she didn't need to see them. After which she pulled out one of our wedding photographs from my application and asked me who everyone was in it. At the end of the interview she smiled and told us that she was recommending us for approval!

About 4 hours after the interview we received an email and my i-485 application status went to "Initial Review" with the first part of the email saying "On October 20, 2015, we updated your name for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS" and that it initiates background checks of the applicant/petitioner, but no approval notice. This has me slightly concerned, but I was advised in another thread to just wait.

About 4 hours after the first email we received an email approving my Husbands i-130.

Now I'm just waiting on the i-485 approval notice and card.

Edited by scarlet43

Timeline

I figure I may as well post my timeline here, I'm not usually one to post much on forums but this site has helped me greatly.

EAD/AP

15th July 2015: NOA 1 recieved

11th November 2015: Approved

18th November 2015: EAD/AP card received

AOS:

15th July 2015: NOA 1 received

20th October 2015: Interview (recommended for approval!!)

Our interview was at Philadelphia, it went very well. The lady interviewing us was very nice, we went in together and I handed her the interview notice then we were sworn in. Firstly she wanted to see originals of everything we included in our applications, birth certificates etc. She then asked my Husband (USC) the usual questions, name, d.o.b. and went through some of the questions in his i-130 application. After she was done with that she turned to me and went over some of the yes/no questions in my i-485 application. In between asking some of these questions she would randomly fire questions like "So, who did you marry?" "Does your Husband have any children?" and others. After that was over, I asked her if it was possible for me to have the name changed in my application to my married name, she was unsure if it could be done but made a note that I would like it changed, I had shown her that my SSN was in my married name at this point. She asked if we had any further evidence, like photographs. I went to grab my tablet that had photographs on it to show her and she responded telling me that she didn't need to see them. After which she pulled out one of our wedding photographs from my application and asked me who everyone was in it. At the end of the interview she smiled and told us that she was recommending us for approval!

About 4 hours after the interview we received an email and my i-485 application status went to "Initial Review" with the first part of the email saying "On October 20, 2015, we updated your name for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS" and that it initiates background checks of the applicant/petitioner, but no approval notice. This has me slightly concerned, but I was advised in another thread to just wait.

About 4 hours after the first email we received an email approving my Husbands i-130.

Now I'm just waiting on the i-485 approval notice and card.

Congrats!

Thanks to all the fellow members of the July filing from non-family visas thread for the updates! Most sound very promising.

Also, I am bring news from another peer in the same situation, who posted by mistake in the other July filers thread (for AOS from family-based visas). Their NOA1 date was July 3 and they got an interview appointment for late November in the Buffalo office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone! After a very long night at work I came home to a wonderful email from USCIS: my interview has been scheduled for December 1st in Buffalo, NY!

AOS timeline

06.26.2015 Mailed out AOS package

06.30.2015 Package delivered to Chicago lockbox

07.10.2015 Hard copies NOA-1 received by snail mail

07.17.2015 Biometrics appointment letter received

07.30.2015 Biometrics appointment

09.02.2015 Received email - EAD approved

09.08.2015 Received EAD approval letter/Case updated-card mailed

09.10.2015 Received EAD card ?

09.15.2015 State ID received

12.01.2015 Interview. Approved a couple of hours after. ??

12.04.2015 Green card was mailed out

12.05.2015 Received approval/welcome letter by snail mail

12.10.2015 Green Card in hand ???

65 days until EAD approval

155 days until Green Card approval

Hello everyone! After a very long night at work I came home to a wonderful email from USCIS: my interview has been scheduled for December 1st in Buffalo, NY!

Fantastic, neuroticbell!

My NOA1 is a few days behind yours and that of the other couple who's based in our region. I really hope this means I'll be getting our interview date soon too.

Best of luck and do keep us posted here how it goes on December 1!

Hey guys! Im new on here and just found out there is a whole thread on July filers! Yay! :)

So here is my timeline:

Adjusting from F-1 (OPT more specifically) through marriage to USC.

July 27, 2015 - sent in, next day delivered to Chicago lockbox.

August 4, 2015 - NOA received for all forms

August 26, 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 12, 2015 - Case is READY to be SCHEDULED for interview

October 6, 2015 - EAD approved

October 12, 2015 - EAD received in the mail

AND..... NO interview date yet.....

I-130 is still in the pending status as well...

I think the process overall was very smooth and I hope we get a date soon!

I was wondering how do you set up e-mil and text updates? Was it something you check off on the forms? And also I have read that somehow you can request to be able to see how many times the case was handled.

Or maybe I should just try my best to relax since all the things seem on track. Hope to get a date soon! Good luck everyone in the waiting boat and congratulations to all who has already passed!

Timeline

Received an email today that my GC was in production, 9 days after the interview... YAY!

Congrats!

Hey guys! Im new on here and just found out there is a whole thread on July filers! Yay! :)

So here is my timeline:

Adjusting from F-1 (OPT more specifically) through marriage to USC.

July 27, 2015 - sent in, next day delivered to Chicago lockbox.

August 4, 2015 - NOA received for all forms

August 26, 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 12, 2015 - Case is READY to be SCHEDULED for interview

October 6, 2015 - EAD approved

October 12, 2015 - EAD received in the mail

AND..... NO interview date yet.....

I-130 is still in the pending status as well...

I think the process overall was very smooth and I hope we get a date soon!

I was wondering how do you set up e-mil and text updates? Was it something you check off on the forms? And also I have read that somehow you can request to be able to see how many times the case was handled.

Or maybe I should just try my best to relax since all the things seem on track. Hope to get a date soon! Good luck everyone in the waiting boat and congratulations to all who has already passed!

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.