Jump to content
Peterygrace

Can a possible Volcanic Explosion expedite the process

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am currently in Ecuador with my fiancé. One of the largest active volcanos in the world, Cotapaxi, is active, emitting smoke daily, and is said to be on the brink of an eruption. If it were to erupt, it would destroy the house where my fiancé lives as well as the house where I live. I do not want to be here when the volcano erupts and I am wondering if there is any precedent for getting the case expedited so that we can get out of Ecuador ASAP? Any help would be great. Our case was received the 13th of February so it's been about 5 months.Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you can do is try. Here is the USCIS expedite criteria: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If in doubt, expedite.

I would also look into moving.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently in Ecuador with my fiancé. One of the largest active volcanos in the world, Cotapaxi, is active, emitting smoke daily, and is said to be on the brink of an eruption. If it were to erupt, it would destroy the house where my fiancé lives as well as the house where I live. I do not want to be here when the volcano erupts and I am wondering if there is any precedent for getting the case expedited so that we can get out of Ecuador ASAP?

Sending USCIS and the Embassy a notarzied affidavit from a volcano expert would be required.

Any help would be great. Our case was received the 13th of February so it's been about 5 months.Thanks!


Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.igepn.edu.ec/noticias/1014-informe-especial-volcan-cotopaxi-n-3-2015

I would imagine it is well known to the local consulate


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There would be many other places in Ecuador that would not be in danger of being destroyed by the eruption. So simply moving eliminates the risk. It cannot hurt to try.


I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bare in mind the expedite will only (if approved) fast track the noa2.

Your fiancé will still have the medical and interview timing to complete themselves.

Moving before all that happens if there is a big chance of a volcanic eruption is a smarter move than expediting.

Please move even temporarily as soon as you can!


My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The advice to move now is prudent. Not even a volcano could force the process to move fast enough to ensure your safety.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.igepn.edu.ec/noticias/1014-informe-especial-volcan-cotopaxi-n-3-2015

I would imagine it is well known to the local consulate

According to this report posted, the probability of an eruption is not high and it is more likely that activity shown continues and even increases to then subsides as it has on other several times

Not sure that it could be characterized as 'about to blow'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this report posted, the probability of an eruption is not high and it is more likely that activity shown continues and even increases to then subsides as it has on other several times

Not sure that it could be characterized as 'about to blow'

Exactly.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The advice to move now is prudent. Not even a volcano could force the process to move fast enough to ensure your safety.

To be honest the process is so slow that even a glacier would present a threat!

As others have said if there is an imminent threat it would be more prudent to move within Ecuador.


My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×