EdenG

Possible Visa Services Interruption? Saw this on a few consulate pages

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone have any info or links on the issue from last year?

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any info or links on the issue from last year?

I don't but they've said multiple times it's not the same issue and time frames used last year have no bearing on this problem...

I bet money there are plenty of topics on it if you use the search function.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It was posted on this site, 5 minutes after the story hit ABC news, many days ago.

I heard it, I posted it.

yes, and they posted a new update last night saying it hasn't yet been solved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Too bad. I have been checking ustraveldoc websites all across the globe, they all say the same thing. Its really funny how long it takes to replace a faulty hardware you know (just saying).

I-130 (California Service Center)

Category: F2A (Nigeria)

2013-08-03:Got Marriedrose.gif

2013-09-06 : I-130 Sent

Priority Date: 9th Sep 2013

2013-09-07: I-130 Received
2013-09-11: NOA-1

2013-09-13: NOA1 (Hard copy)smile.png

2013-10-21 NOA2dancin5hr.gif

2013-11-04 Case arrived at NVC

2013-11-24 AOS fee billed and paid

2014-01-02 AOS package sent to NVC

2014-01-03 IV fee paid.

2014-01-06 AOS package delivered (USPS.com)

2014-01-08 IV DS260 filled and submitted

2014-01-29 False DS260 Checklistno0pb.gif

2014-02-18 Case Complete through phone

2014-02-26 Case Complete Email

2015-05-01 Interview Date ( 11th June 2015) over the phone :D

2015-05-07 Interview Letter arrived via Email :dancing:

2015-05-09 Medical Test Completed

2015-05-12 Case shows READY at CEAC portal

2015-06-11 Visa Approved!!! :energy:

2015-07-01 Picked up the Passport with visa!!!

2015-07-04 POE( Smooth Entry, no question asked)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Too bad. I have been checking ustraveldoc websites all across the globe, they all say the same thing. Its really funny how long it takes to replace a faulty hardware you know (just saying).

If that's what happened (hmmmm......) ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Since they have been hacked it probably takes them a while to figure out what information has been compromised and if they need to change their routines etc before they can even start to think about printing visas.

Timeline

It seems to be all I just checked and Ghana Embassy says same ?

It seems to be all I just checked and Ghana Embassy says same ?

It's even on travelstate.gov with questions and answers

Timeline

Since they have been hacked it probably takes them a while to figure out what information has been compromised and if they need to change their routines etc before they can even start to think about printing visas.

They haven't used the word "Hacked" yet... :no: I am reading somewhere about the last year http://rt.com/usa/176892-us-visa-ccd-crashed/ . Let's see how long it lingers this year

2014-01-03 IV fee paid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

They haven't used the word "Hacked" yet... :no: I am reading somewhere about the last year http://rt.com/usa/176892-us-visa-ccd-crashed/ . Let's see how long it lingers this year

Google it and you'll see.

Timeline

A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.

The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas.

We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.

As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.

The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Departments primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

Timeline

Google it and you'll see.

Ok interesting

2014-01-03 IV fee paid.

Timeline

travel.state.gov > Newsroom > Technological Systems Issue

Print Email

Technological Systems Issue

JUNE 15, 2015

Passport/Visa Systems Errors

The Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa systems. These issues have resulted in delays in printing visas and may mean rescheduling some visa interviews.

This issue is not specific to any particular country or visa category.

Overseas passports are now being processed. Domestic passport services are functioning, and we were always able to issue emergency passports to U.S. citizens overseas with urgent travel needs.

The Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) problems we are experiencing are not the same challenges we overcame last summer. We are working urgently around the clock to correct the problems and restore our system to full operational status as soon as possible.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or were unable to obtain a passport overseas, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or U.S. visa.

We are seeking to assist nonimmigrant visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel. Individuals with an urgent humanitarian need for travel should contact their nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

We are aware of pending overseas adoption cases, including in China. We are prioritizing these cases and seek to issue these visas with few delays.

We regret the inconvenience to travelers, and remain committed to facilitating legitimate travel while protecting our borders.

We will post updates to Travel.State.Gov as more information becomes available.

Q: Is this the same issue as last year? Was it not fixed?

This is not the same issue as last year.

Q: What is going on? Why cant the Department issue visas, passports, and other travel documents?

We are working as quickly as possible to resolve our technical issues.

We apologize to travelers and recognize that this may cause hardship to individuals waiting for visas overseas.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

There is no evidence the problem is cyber security related. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect the system to be fully operational again soon.

Q: How is this affecting consular operations?

Passports Overseas Issuance of Passports

Passport applications accepted overseas on or after May 26, 2015, were affected, but overseas passports are now being issued. If you applied for a U.S. passport between May 26 and June 14 and have travel plans within the next 10 business days, please consider requesting an emergency passport at the U.S. embassy or consulate at which you originally applied. Information about how to apply for an emergency passport is available on the website of the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Visas

A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.

The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas.

We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.

As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.

The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Departments primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

Q: Can you print a visa without using the data system?

Security measures prevent consular officers from printing a visa until the case completes the required national security checks.

Service to our customers will be interrupted until the system is brought back online.

Q: Can the Department just print travel letters for those who need to travel quickly?

At this time we are able to issue passports to U.S. citizens overseas for emergency travel.

Domestic passport operations are functioning. U.S. citizens applying for a passport domestically will receive passports within the four-to-six week standard for routine passports and two-to-three weeks for expedited passports.

We are seeking to assist nonimmigrant visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel. Please contact the embassy or consulate where you applied for additional information.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

Overseas passports are now being issued. We are working urgently to restore visa processing. We expect the systems to be fully operational again soon.

Q: How many overseas passport applicants have been affected?

Overseas passport applications account for less than five percent of our annual passport workload. During the overseas passport systems issues that have since been resolved, we ‎were able to issue emergency overseas passports to U.S. citizens who needed them for urgent travel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.