SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Blah can't edit my last comment.

iec

you guys are totally right. They said on their Facebook that it's non immigrant which is weird because the consulates call it immigrant, too.

Either way good thing for me to hear because we were worried when they said non immigrant visas!

Ps- I agree joelyleidy! It's pretty ridiculous. >> Some have the culture/language barrier, the long distance, and all of that, and this on top of it is a real killer. Spending thousands of dollars on all of this and heart break waiting, and having to PROVE our relationship to strangers. It's definitely trying on couples like all of us!!

SantyAndAllie,

It is pretty funny how they classify K-1 visas. At the interview, you stand in line with the immigrant visas, but you fill out the forms like a nonimmigrant visa, The state department lists it as a nonimmigrant visa, but also a family based visa. I remember on piece of paper asked do you have any family in the USA including your fiancee.

My attorney that helped shepherd the paperwork through told me, when I asked that question, (she used to be a consular officer). It falls in the gray area where, until you are married, its a non immigrant visa, once married and file the AOS it becomes an immigrant visa. From her prospective, the cut off point, where it is clearly an immigrant visa was the day the green card is issued, up until then, its just limbo.. Like your fiancee can work during the 90 days, but if you don't marry and file for the work permit right away, by all rights, she would have to quit her/his job until the work permit is issued, technically...,

And here is another wrench in the cog.. .Have to show commingling of assets... well, some banks won't let a person sign on an account without an SSN.. Some utilities are difficult because of lack of work history...So its just like the rest of this journey live the life of love and companionship and the ulterior life where the two of you figure out how to put the pegs in the holes to keep the USCIS happy for the AOS interview.. The best I am going to do is have her on the title of my truck and while in drivers training, list her on my auto policy. From there, have her on my health insurance policy, and add the rest as it falls into place..

that is why I am thankful for community based education classes for ESL, drivers licenses, here in idaho, doesn't require a green card, and the local university does have some pretty easy learn at your own pass classes, (yes has to be completed in the semester) but self paced...

I hope this helps... I have been racking my brain trying to find alternative things for Leidy to do to keep her busy and interested so she can live life here instead of feeling isolated....

Sorry about the book guys... The mind was wandering right before bed.. Ambien and writing probably isn't the best combination

:dancing::idea::rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The K-1 is a "hybrid" visa -- a nonimmigrant visa with immigrant intent. This is why it's processed by the Immigrant Visa Units at the consulates.

To take your mind off the current tension, look to the future and consider what you might have to face:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382775-mrs-t-b-the-citizenship-test/

:bonk:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd contend that the K-1 is technically non-immigrant only.

The visa only allows for entry to the US to marry your fiance(e). It does not actually allow anything else. It gives you 90 days to do so.

The act of marriage then allows for AOS.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

In my experience it is processed at the embassy as an immigrant visa and when it is finally approved it is printed and referred to as a non-immigrant visa. Our visa went from being in AP since June 10 (we were missing a document and due to bad luck we recieved it and sent it in right before the technical problem) to READY yesterday with a new CC date on CEAC. I also noticed CEAC changed it from immigrant to non immigrant which is what I heard happens if you get approved.

Edited by icechamp31

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The K-1 is a "hybrid" visa -- a nonimmigrant visa with immigrant intent.

The above came directly from an immigration attorney who had also been a consular officer at two posts. As such, he was ideal to consult with!

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Germany proceeds the VISAs normal again ..working on the back log right now

Wooohooo!!! ? Thanks for the info! Wish the postal would quit striking so we get our mail faster!! But we are one step closer ?

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Interview was june 16 was approved officer said will take 1 to 2 weeks status updates are 16 18 20 23 24 25 was showing ready now changed to ap it says if u asked for papers or further processing need you will be contacted nd if u was approved u will get ur visa in 2 days

Interview was june 16 was approved officer said will take 1 to 2 weeks status updates are 16 18 20 23 24 25 was showing ready now changed to ap it says if u asked for papers or further processing need you will be contacted nd if u was approved u will get ur visa in 2 days

That's very exciting indeed!!! Great work!!

May you be holding your visa in just 2 days time!!! :dancing:

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

London is finally printing as well

Updated 25 June 2015

London has begun printing nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. We are working as quickly as possible to clear the backlog of pending visa cases and hand your passport to the courier company for delivery. The approved courier will send a tracking message once it receives your passport. You should wait for that message. During this time, we cannot provide status updates by email or phone.

If you have a nonimmigrant visa interview appointment scheduled for June 26 onwards, you should attend but be aware that your application may take longer to process than the advertised 5- 7 workdays. Immigrant visa applicants should also attend their interview but should allow 10 - 15 workdays for their application to be processed.

http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

London is finally printing as well

Updated 25 June 2015

London has begun printing nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. We are working as quickly as possible to clear the backlog of pending visa cases and hand your passport to the courier company for delivery. The approved courier will send a tracking message once it receives your passport. You should wait for that message. During this time, we cannot provide status updates by email or phone.

If you have a nonimmigrant visa interview appointment scheduled for June 26 onwards, you should attend but be aware that your application may take longer to process than the advertised 5- 7 workdays. Immigrant visa applicants should also attend their interview but should allow 10 - 15 workdays for their application to be processed.

http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

great news for those applying via the US embassy in London :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.