SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just checked the US Embassy manila's facebook and they are stating that non-immigrants are now back to scheduling interviews and printing visas. They didn't mention anything about immigrant visas. So frustrating, I've been waiting for my sister's visa since her interview last June 5. :(

Well if no news is good news, they didn't update the travel.state.gov site today... My fiances interview was on the 5th also and we just got the email today.. The CEAC site doesn't mention anything about it being delivered, so I think it is behind the curve.. Let's all hope this backlog is just a glitch... They did mention they will work through the weekend to clear up the back log, which should be a great thing for printing visas.

Best of care

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Latest update:

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Up to 50 posts, but 44 are listed. The other 6 are regional posts, whatever that means,

1. Paris
  2. Monterrey
  3. Ciudad Juarez
  4. Guangzhou
  5. Beijing
  6. Shanghai
  7. Tijuana
  8. Nuevo Laredo
  9. Mexico City
  10. Guadalajara
  11. Mumbai
  12. New Delhi
  13. Sao Paolo
  14. Chennai
  15. Manila
  16. Bogota
  17. Buenos Aires
  18. Rio de Janeiro
  19. Tel Aviv
  20. Merida
  21. Hermosillo
  22. Karachi
  23. Seoul
  24. Lima
  25. Santo Domingo
  26. Kingston
  27. Shenyang
  28. Chengdu
  29. Lagos
  30. Guayaquil
  31. London
  32. Brasilia
  33. Moscow
  34. San Salvador
  35. Quito
  36. Ho Chi Minh City
  37. Hanoi
  38. Kyiv
  39. Djibouti
  40. Cairo
  41. Amman
  42. Toronto
  43. Ankara
  44. Nairobi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Yeah I'm so confused with this because several k1 visas have been issued this week, including one from our consulate. Yet they keep referring to non immigrant visas. What's the deal?!? Plus if they've fixed the issue for all these 'posts', why would it still be an issue for immigrant visas???

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I'm so confused with this because several k1 visas have been issued this week, including one from our consulate. Yet they keep referring to non immigrant visas. What's the deal?!? Plus if they've fixed the issue for all these 'posts', why would it still be an issue for immigrant visas???

Pretty sure k-1 is classified as non-immigrant visas(despite what it says in CEAC website)

Toronto is up but no Montreal ;(

I know we are waiting for Montreal as well. I am wondering if it is included in the "6 regional Offices"

Edited by Nicole&Billy

Pretty sure k-1 is classified as non-immigrant visas(despite what it says in CEAC website)

I know we are waiting for Montreal as well. I am wondering if it is included in the "6 regional Offices"

Let's both assume Montreal and Sydney are some how classified as 'regional'. I keep telling my wife all we have is hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

K-1s are considered non immigrant visas. After today, I can safely say that CEAC isn't updated accurately during this whole process. We had our interview on the 5th of June, but the case wasn't created until the 9th of June and we got our email today that our visa is being sent via DHL but CEAC says its approved but in final processing. With that, I would consider that CEAC is a few days behind the curve.I just looked at the state department website and the hope is to get the back log cleared out really soon...

What's frustrating is we spend oodles and gobs of money to buy equipment for visa and passport issuance and a hardware glitch stops the world in its tracks. I feel badly for the folks in the queue last week and this week... I really hope for everybody's sake, the back log clears quickly. I spoke with my fiancee today. everyday is one day filled with doubt about something happening along the way, from really getting her visa to be denied entry at the POE..Things are so new and such a change of life for our fiancees and this delay just hieghtens it..

I really hope this is very short lived for everybody..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Could not agree more. Such a Frustrating process But we will all get there eventually.. Like you said hopefully they clear the backlog quickly!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow so there are people getting the k-1 visa.. well if the k-1 visa is a non-immigrant then that's somewhat good news for fiances. My fiance had his interview in Rio de Janeiro on June 2nd and nothing yet :( I swear if I don't hear something by this week I will go insane :(

Timeline

Not just CEAC considers it an immigrant visa. So do the consulates. So.. The DOS considers it one? Because I was pretty positive that it was considered immigrant to them! What's considered immigrant then?! Lol. What about IR/cr1 visas? Also being issued.

Ps- I agree joelyleidy! It's pretty ridiculous.

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Blah can't edit my last comment.

you guys are totally right. They said on their Facebook that it's non immigrant which is weird because the consulates call it immigrant, too.

Either way good thing for me to hear because we were worried when they said non immigrant visas!

Ps- I agree joelyleidy! It's pretty ridiculous. >> Some have the culture/language barrier, the long distance, and all of that, and this on top of it is a real killer. Spending thousands of dollars on all of this and heart break waiting, and having to PROVE our relationship to strangers. It's definitely trying on couples like all of us!!

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I think another mentioned facebook; have been on dept of State facebook page today. There were many pressing the question of why non-immigrant visas have been specifically listed as a priority but no mention of immigrant visas. When commented on this, dept of State responded to each comment-

"All visa categories were affected, but we are working to restore full functionality, which means approved immigrant visas will be issued."

I am hoping the generalization of the response means they will be adding immigrant visas in quickly however there are about 200 people responding to this with some frustration in the fact that they are still not given as a priority as well. On the plus side, I just don't think it will be so long to get all the visas (including immigrant) to be released as they are really working around the clock. Can be another week or two but I can't see it going so much longer then that. Side-hoping Italy gets up and running soon (if not regional.....). If you are on facebook it's also a good site to follow-this is getting covered and up to date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.