Janelle2002

Confederate Flag Prom Photo With Gun-Toting High Schoolers Backfires

421 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is not beautiful. Poor kid. If she knew what her parents had done to her she would beat them over the head with a book.

When a parent allows or does something like this to their children, they know exactly what they are doing.

Do you think this is beautiful? What is the story behind this picture?

given the complexion of the child, i'm inclined to think it may be best to read about hinduism

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

given the complexion of the child, i'm inclined to think it may be best to read about Hinduism

Just in case you didn't see my question I asked, "What is the story behind this picture?"

I clearly asked what is the story behind the picture. If it is Hinduism and it is a good reason, I understand.

But we all know the kids who posed with the Confederate flags and guns aren't Hindu and have no other real excuse other than ignorance or they knew what they were doing.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is not beautiful. Poor kid. If she knew what her parents had done to her she would beat them over the head with a book.

When a parent allows or does something like this to their children, they know exactly what they are doing.

Do you think this is beautiful? What is the story behind this picture?

The swastika has a different meaning in Asia

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My point is that any symbol can mean different things to different people. When one person sees a swastika they see it as a religious symbol that brings them comfort another person sees it and it brings them anger and hatred. When a WWII vet who served in the pacific sees the Japanese flag he feels differently than most Japanese citizens today.

The meaning of the symbol is in the eye of the beholder. It's very possible that one person sees the confederate flag as a symbol of racism while another sees it as a symbol of their heritage. I feel pride when I see the stars and stripes flying but I've also seen it torn from flag poles in anger because it means something totally different to someone else.

Maybe these kids are racist or maybe they aren't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

2u6oisz.jpg

I remember being shocked to see this at the Hiro Ballroom in NY. The design is based on the ensign for the imperial japanese navy... In Japan this flag is very contentious and if shown in public would get many negative reactions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But we all know the kids who posed with the Confederate flags and guns aren't Hindu and have no other real excuse other than ignorance or they knew what they were doing.

These are good ole American kids that will be running our country in a few years. Posing with a confederate flag and displaying their Rights as a US Citizen to own firearms. I personally love the picture.

I am sure you are one of those people who support someone who stomps on the American Flag or dis respects it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The context for the confederate flag is a lot narrower than it is for the swastika. Cultural misinterpretation of a symbol is rather less likely when all involved shared the same cultural background.

Confederate Flags represents the South..... We are proud of it and what it represents

These are good ole American kids that will be running our country in a few years. Posing with a confederate flag and displaying their Rights as a US Citizen to own firearms. I personally love the picture.

I am sure you are one of those people who support someone who stomps on the American Flag or dis respects it.

I see you like stalking all of my posts.

The confederate flag isn't the American flag. Any flag other than the American flag doesn't need to be displayed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Any flag other than the American flag doesn't need to be displayed.

'murica!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

good ole murican kids, growing up to be good ole boys. i bet you do love this picture.

even what it means to 'respect' the flag is up for argument. my mom loses her mind when she sees someone who leaves a flag flying off their front porch over night. she was brought up that that the flag isn't meant to be kitsch, and yet it's plastered on everything/for sale.

It's not exactly your fault you don't know the real history, being from a country that oppressed my forefathers and all. But it's available, and free for the reading even for your "master race"...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

Well it's quite simple. There are people who pose with guns in photos next flags synonymous with slavery and racism and then there are people who don't do those things.

You can say that the flag doesn't mean what others think it means and that posing for a photo with a gun against an such an image with such controversial associations is entirely innocent - but it is a minority view, and not one that even people in your own country can agree on.