jessysingh

Wife Interview this morning - Unable to issue a Visa! - Please HELP! ADVISE!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

My wife had an interview this morning in Bangkok Thailand.

The case was completed by the NVC and file reached for the interview.

The interviewer questioned my wife about my household and number of people living.

Conclusion was written by the interviewer:

Petitioner, your income does not meet US Poverty Guidelines.

Please submit additional evidence of liquid finaiclal assets of $5520 OR consider a joint sponsor for these applicants.

Joint sponsor to submit - I-864 and I-864A for their spouse along with a copy of his/her 2013 us filed tax form 1040 and a copy of US Passport.

I dont understand what kind of evidence do they need on this of liquid finaiclal assets of $5520

Please help.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you list these things on your affidavit of support? Did you include bank statements of your checking and savings accounts? The embassy is concerned that you may not be able to support your wife when she comes to the Usa.

Filed: Other Timeline

Im still so lost and confused.

What i also came to know that the interviewer kept my orginal I-864 with them and my 2013 tax return and retuned everything else back.

I claim my brother and my mother has a dependent under me and in 2013 tax return i didn't show as married but i showed has head of household.

My net income for 2013 was $ 28,472.

The interviewer was under impression that my grand mother also lives with us - because my wife mentioned to her that she comes once in a while and stays with her from the facts I've told my wife.

Did i even meet the poverty guide line?

Am i allowed to revise my orginal affidavit.

I have savings of $32,500 which i never showed or declared in the form and also i have a existing business of the trucking and i have a commercial tractor truck thats paid for and value of $45,000.

Any help will be helpful.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

For the I864, I believe you need to have income at 125% of the poverty level for your family size.

Assuming your fiance doesn't have any dependent children she's bringing with her, it would appear your family size would be (4) - you, your fiance, your brother, your mother. According to the 2015 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia, a family of (4) would need an income of $24250; 125% would be $30313. They are asking that you provide evidence that you meet 125% of the poverty guideline. Probably best to provide evidence of your liquid assets to cover the gap from your income.

Edited by novedsac

For the I864, I believe you need to have income at 125% of the poverty level for your family size.

Assuming your fiance doesn't have any dependent children she's bringing with her, it would appear your family size would be (4) - you, your fiance, your brother, your mother. According to the 2015 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia, a family of (4) would need an income of $24250; 125% would be $30313. They are asking that you provide evidence that you meet 125% of the poverty guideline. Probably best to provide evidence of your liquid assets to cover the gap from your income.

You are absolutely right

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Is it based on net or gross income. If net, is that before all Insurance taken out or after insurance?

Gross.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.