Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2015

701 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I called NVC on May 27th and talk with the Lady , she said she reviewed my DS-261 already , and i have to wait about 7 days , they will send me the email for IV fee . Do you think NVC lie to me ? cause i follow this threat alot people got their Promise but they didn't do anything ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My Case is upgraded from F2A to CR1. I got access to fill the DS 261, but no AOS fee yet. Anyone know how much time it will take for AOS fee invoice? Do we need to call them for it?

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Omg, absolutely not useful, huh!

I guess it's obvisious our cases don't have an emergency need.

thank you for sharing though.

Hello, I mailed the IV fee and received a confirmation of payment on May 14, but as for the website the bug is still there, IV fee marked with "pay now"...

I can login to payment system now. Obviously mailed payment won't show up for a while. :(post-206320-0-60574100-1432982168_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

I can login to payment system now. Obviously mailed payment won't show up for a while. :(attachicon.gifNVC Payment.JPG

That's good? But why your AOS Fee payment says exempt? Mine says paid. I checked CEAC but it was still same?

I can log into the CEAC portal and fill out my DS-261 it also gives me the option of paying the AOS fee. I'm currently looking for a joint-sponsor, how long can i wait to fill out these forms before i am issued a checklist? It might take me a month or so to find a sponsor..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can log into the CEAC portal and fill out my DS-261 it also gives me the option of paying the AOS fee. I'm currently looking for a joint-sponsor, how long can i wait to fill out these forms before i am issued a checklist? It might take me a month or so to find a sponsor..

You can pay the fees at any time, the sooner the better.

Your 30 day countdown starts when the NVC receives the AOS and IV packages that you have to mail in. Until you've already done this, you don't have to worry about being issued a checklist.

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Was finally able to log in to CEAC - I guess I may have just been impatient, the hard copy AOS fee bill arrived in the post today, and suddenly the site works! More light at the end of the tunnel now I guess!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all,

I have just recently petitioned i130 for my alien spouse on the 22nd of May '15. Due to Memorial Day weekend it arrived at Chicago Lockbox on the 27th and I received my NOA 1 text message on the 29th. It was indicated that my petition has been accepted and is now being routed to Texas Service Center for processing. My wife and I are keeping very positive about the length of processing times and hoping for it all to be approved soon. I have been very consistent and persistent on finding more information on TSC processing times and read some bad reviews on this forum. Of course, I would have loved for my case to be sent to VSC which is taking approx. 2 months of time for NOA 2. I really wish you all the best of luck on this journey.

Any updates on current Texas Service Center processing times? A feed back from filer would be best appreciated as I know USCIS website says 5 months.

And no I don't drive Uber.

Hello all,

I have just recently petitioned i130 for my alien spouse on the 22nd of May '15. Due to Memorial Day weekend it arrived at Chicago Lockbox on the 27th and I received my NOA 1 text message on the 29th. It was indicated that my petition has been accepted and is now being routed to Texas Service Center for processing. My wife and I are keeping very positive about the length of processing times and hoping for it all to be approved soon. I have been very consistent and persistent on finding more information on TSC processing times and read some bad reviews on this forum. Of course, I would have loved for my case to be sent to VSC which is taking approx. 2 months of time for NOA 2. I really wish you all the best of luck on this journey.

Any updates on current Texas Service Center processing times? A feed back from filer would be best appreciated as I know USCIS website says 5 months.

You've got the wrong thread. This is for those with approved I-130s already and are going through the next step: NVC.

You want this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/547796-may-2015-i130-filer/

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

Thank you :)

You've got the wrong thread. This is for those with approved I-130s already and are going through the next step: NVC.

You want this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/547796-may-2015-i130-filer/

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a question and hope someone can give me an answer.

So I received the welcome papers from NVC, and I was looking through to see what documents do I need to send. So when I started this whole process I was working and then now a week ago I quit my job because they would give me crappy hours and I have our son with me and I go to school full time. Now the question is me not working anymore will that affect the process, well for the DS-261 form? Because I have to show proof of income or tax return, but since last year was my first year working they did not let me file taxes because I wouldn't receive that much. Or would I have to mention about having a sponsor that will help me out with this?

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.

Timeline

You will have to write a letter explaining your situation is the way around this. Along with that I would submit past couple of years of tax returns along with it.

I have a question and hope someone can give me an answer.

So I received the welcome papers from NVC, and I was looking through to see what documents do I need to send. So when I started this whole process I was working and then now a week ago I quit my job because they would give me crappy hours and I have our son with me and I go to school full time. Now the question is me not working anymore will that affect the process, well for the DS-261 form? Because I have to show proof of income or tax return, but since last year was my first year working they did not let me file taxes because I wouldn't receive that much. Or would I have to mention about having a sponsor that will help me out with this?

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.