26 posts in this topic

Good Morning,

My fiance and I communicate a lot through whatsapp. My question is how many pages of this should I send? I have managed to condense it to about 186 pages, which I think is too much to send. Please let me know how many pages would suffice.

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Please let me know how many pages would suffice.

No not just how many pages.........you must prove to a total stranger, the Embassy CO, that you have a legitimate relationship with no intent of committing visa fraud and with the intentions of immigration to the US, becoming marries, staying that way and permanently residing in the US.

So....content is key....not quantity.

Most relationships go through a normal evolution.....talk is about getting to know each other, then maybe the meeting(s) in person, then it becomes more serious, then talk about living together, then the visa process, then planning on the move and the new life in the US.

Your evidences, when all put together, should show snippets of these different phases of the evolution of your relationship.

I also suggest putting in some lovey-dovey stuff since most couples that intend to marry do that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

0 would suffice if you have plenty of pictures (a couple dozen or more) and other evidence such as boarding passes. Totally depends on your complete package.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

These chat logs are not necessary. We provided no logs from Facebook, Skype, Viber or Whatsup. The authenticity of the relationship will be easily figured out by the CO in the interview.

These chat logs are not necessary. We provided no logs from Facebook, Skype, Viber or Whatsup. The authenticity of the relationship will be easily figured out by the CO in the interview.

How do you prove that you have an ongoing bona fide relationship without them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning,

My fiance and I communicate a lot through whatsapp. My question is how many pages of this should I send? I have managed to condense it to about 186 pages, which I think is too much to send. Please let me know how many pages would suffice.

Thank you!

In my opinion, it more about whats it worth to you to get the approval. Its not a guarantee either way. But I think its better to be sure and over proof rather than under proof. Prepare for the worst, you don't know what kind of interview you will have, and have them swimming in proof. Give them all the ammo you got! We overproofed and did not have a problem the first time we filed. He got here quickly. After he got here, we overproofed again, and once again, things wen't through quickly. The third time we got over confident and underproofed and things were delayed TWO years. Don't ever be over confident, always send too much. It is your future after all. Invest in it with as much proof as you can!

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

How do I even print WhatsApp conversations off my phone? We have a ton of those too and I'd like to include them. Thanks!

There should be an option in WhatsApp to email the chat to yourself. Go to your SO's 'Contact Info' page (just hit their name at the top of your chat history), then at the bottom there should be an 'Email Chat' option. I believe you can just send it to yourself from there, and then print it off from email!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

There should be an option in WhatsApp to email the chat to yourself. Go to your SO's 'Contact Info' page (just hit their name at the top of your chat history), then at the bottom there should be an 'Email Chat' option. I believe you can just send it to yourself from there, and then print it off from email!

Found it, thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

We showed a continued and binaries marriage by visiting each other a couple of times while we waited. I suspect that during the interview it was also obvious because of her responses to the questions.

Bonafied - sorry Siri switched it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.