justanea

do any bondsmen type cover the affadavit of support?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my income is not "taxable" and I don't have the 3 year's worth of 20k per year in any event. so is there a way to get my gf here from Philippines.?

I hope to make 60k this year with a new biz, but I do not know if that total will fulfill the "3 year, 20k per year" requirment for an affadavit of support?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No, no such thing as "bondsman" to "cover" the affidavit of support. If you do not qualify you need a joint sponsor.

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

ok, thanks. I am a veteran, so my fiance, once we marry, will be eligible for free medical care thru thie VA. Can somebody please tell me the maximum amount that my joint/co sponsor will be "on the hook for' if they sign the affadavit of support? I know my family and they are going to ask this question! :-) I think that it would be limited to public housing ($400 per month) and ($180 per month) food stamps, should she go on such support. Is there anything else that I am unaware of? thanks.

I-864 is binding until:

• Immigrant leaves USA and gives up residency, OR;
  • Immigrant Naturalizes and becomes a citizen, OR;
  • Immigrant works and is credited with 40 quarters of work per SSA, OR;
  • Immigrant dies, OR;
  • Sponsor dies

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Current income is the income that counts, filing taxes is a separate issue.

Wait until you can show income, PI do not like co sponsors.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

ok, thanks. I am a veteran, so my fiance, once we marry, will be eligible for free medical care thru thie VA. Can somebody please tell me the maximum amount that my joint/co sponsor will be "on the hook for' if they sign the affadavit of support? I know my family and they are going to ask this question! :-) I think that it would be limited to public housing ($400 per month) and ($180 per month) food stamps, should she go on such support. Is there anything else that I am unaware of? thanks.

Mainly direct cash assistance from the government is considered being a "public charge."

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge

You make 60K this year and you have to use public housing and food stamp? It doesn't sound right here.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I do not use public support. I am asking this question to be able to tell my co sponsors what they are risking, that's all. the 60k is what I HOPE to make with my new biz.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can only comment on what currently comprises public support, that may well change in the future.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my income is not "taxable" and I don't have the 3 year's worth of 20k per year in any event. so is there a way to get my gf here from Philippines.?

I hope to make 60k this year with a new biz, but I do not know if that total will fulfill the "3 year, 20k per year" requirment for an affadavit of support?

If you are looking for a Co-sponsor to get through the PI embassy you need to be looking at a family member. For K1's they are very strict and rarely approve those that have co-sponsors anyway.

Your co-sponsor needs to make the guideline for their household size plus your fiance.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

no, that is not correct, all spouses of vets qualify for full medical benefits, and so do minor children, even if adopted.

no, that is not correct, all spouses of vets qualify for full medical benefits, and so do minor children, even if adopted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.