analog12

K-1 Visa Process months approval

23 posts in this topic

I'm nervous about sending the package soon and I want to know how long does it take for the petitioner to get approved? My fiancé and I have been in a long distance since last year and she dropped the ball that if I don't get approved in four months, then she'll not continue on with the process..

It depends. Some people get approval faster and some others take months up to a year.

Interesting, out of my curiosity. Why does she push you? It is out of your hands the whole process. Sounds like blackmail to me.

I have been on 5-year long distance relationship before my husband filed I-129F for me. If she loves you, she will patiently wait. But seems she has more interest come to the U.S. rather than to be with you.

Good luck!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Well good luck with that. USCIS clearly gave a timeline of 6 months or even more. Why would she threaten you like that? It's not like you can influence the processing of your petition. RED FLAG imo.

I am wondering now where she's come from...

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

she's from Japan. We do want to be together forever, but considering the time difference there are some complications. That's why we planned that she is coming here in the summer. I truly love her and I know she feels the same way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with the above. There will always be waiting. You and your fiance should prepare for that.

For the time difference, when I was still in the Philippines, me and my fiance (now husband) had 13-14 hours difference. Someone will have to stay up, because when its night time here (US) its daytime in there (Ph). I had to designate one clock that shows the time here so I wont always have to ask. Eventually we got used to it.We had to sacrifice sleep and other things, so we can talk to each other and spend time on skype or viber etc. It was hard, but we got used to it. I guess you just really have to sacrifice or at least meet in between for it to work. You need to invest time and effort. But remember, if you truly love each other. Its all worth it. :)

I wish you a great journey :)

Edited by Elle&Kyle

Timeline

For the approval, no one can really say. Some get approved faster than the others, some take a while. But I see that you are from California, maybe if you sent your petition now you'll get approved soon since I have read here that their processing time is a lot faster, maybe you'll get approved before the end of her ultimatum. (Although, I dont understand why would she say that. I dont know. Maybe she is just not aware of the process and the processsing times, maybe you can research and read about it and explain it to her, maybe she'll understand. I understand its frustrating to be far away from your significant other).

Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Analog, it's good news that you are based in California, as processing times there are faster at the CSC - we've just endured a 9 month wait for our K1 in TSC Texas. I appreciate that from a cultural point of view some Japanese view many issues as those where you should excel and hard work is important - and this can lead to a more combative point of view on life's issues - which can be a surprise to those used to a more laid back work ethic.

I'm going to assume here that your fiancée is very keen to get married, and perhaps felt that you needed encouragement to get your end of the paperwork done? Perhaps also, through ignorance of the process does not realise that there is absolutely no influencing or adjusting your time lines in any way once that form is submitted. I do hope you can help them to understand this, and you don't have the joint issues of your partner hassling you all the time for a result and you worrying about something you have no control over.

I admit, as a more laid back kind of person, I wouldn't want to be pushed like that ;)

Love shouldn't give an ultimatum...

Expect the entire process to take more than 4 months.

Sounds swell...

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

I agree with the above. There will always be waiting. You and your fiance should prepare for that.

For the time difference, when I was still in the Philippines, me and my fiance (now husband) had 13-14 hours difference. Someone will have to stay up, because when its night time here (US) its daytime in there (Ph). I had to designate one clock that shows the time here so I wont always have to ask. Eventually we got used to it.We had to sacrifice sleep and other things, so we can talk to each other and spend time on skype or viber etc. It was hard, but we got used to it. I guess you just really have to sacrifice or at least meet in between for it to work. You need to invest time and effort. But remember, if you truly love each other. Its all worth it. :)

I wish you a great journey :)

My then-fiancé ( my now husband) and I put clocks on our laptops - he still has it now- to make sure we aware and yes, time differences won't matter as long as you love each other. It was hard time for both of us because I couldn't come to visit to the U.S. caused by my B-2 visa was denied and he couldn't come to visit me more often because of travel warning for him as a military active duty.

Skype was our hero. We literally talked to each other almost 24 hours and just like we talked in same room, the difference was we couldn't touched physically.

To the OP:

Tell her, patience is a virtue.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

My then-fiancé ( my now husband) and I put clocks on our laptops - he still has it now- to make sure we aware and yes, time differences won't matter as long as you love each other. It was hard time for both of us because I couldn't come to visit to the U.S. caused by my B-2 visa was denied and he couldn't come to visit me more often because of travel warning for him as a military active duty.

Skype was our hero. We literally talked to each other almost 24 hours and just like we talked in same room, the difference was we couldn't touched physically.

To the OP:

Tell her, patience is a virtue.

Yes! Skype! :)

I'm nervous about sending the package soon and I want to know how long does it take for the petitioner to get approved? My fiancé and I have been in a long distance since last year and she dropped the ball that if I don't get approved in four months, then she'll not continue on with the process..

Your application should go to California Service Center. Seeing as fast as they process, and barring no RFEs or complications you could have your NOA2 in as little as a month to a few months. Then you will have the rest of the process to contend with.

I think it would be wise to explain the whole process thoroughly to your fiancé, and that sitting and waiting for an approval to happen has no bearing on you as a person. You cannot make them speed up the process. And ultimately, the onus is on her during the rest of the process and interview time to actually pass and obtain the visa. We aren't all stuck at the Texas Service Center waiting for 8 months because of it being our fault. Nor are people at California being processed fast because of anything they've done.

Everyone in international LDRs have time differences. When you love someone you find ways of working around that.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

This is a very typical attitude of the Japanese culture (and admittedly some women as well :rolleyes: ) . I believe perhaps the OP needed a bit of a nudge to get the ball rolling on his end. My grandfather did 40 years ago :P

Lucky for you, OP, you're in California and processing times are significantly lower there than in Texas service centre. While 4 months is a bit of a stretch, it's doable.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.