Dakine10

South Carolina policeman charged with murder

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Do not misinterpret my intention to help you see a social problem from a predictably narrow perspective in which a white policeman shoots and kills an unarmed black man. Why do events like this happen? Is it because of racist white police? Or, is it because the leaders and lawmakers of America are not willing to name the true victims and reasons for rising crime in America?

Can you identify the problem?

In the wake of a very real anti-police perception in America, this event proves even more tragic. A lot of folks have already made up their mind as to what and why this happened, and it's unlikely anything on earth will ever change their mind. That is the most tragic outcome of all.

Edited by xxClosedxx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm emotional because while you get to talk about it, I have to live it. I have to check every move I make. I have to give my sons "the talk". I have to remember that even when a cop gives me an attitude and infringes on my civil liberties, I have to take it. Because if they kill me and say they felt threatened, there's a big chance folks will believe them, even though I have no record.

We all have to take it from cops. I for the most part hate cops, but I do know how to do the yes sir and no sir thing. Do I like bowing down to them, Hell no. But I I also know when to pick my fights with them and face to face is not the time.

I don't like police tactics and they are allowed by law to lie in order to gain information from suspect, So I basically think they are a corrupt organization.

In the wake of a very real anti-police perception in America, this event proves even more tragic. A lot of folks have already made up their mind as to what and why this happened, and it's unlikely anything on earth will ever change their mind. That is the most tragic outcome of all.

no the tragedy is that lives are being lost. not that people want to know what is going on with our police.

for a very brief second after i watched that video last night i thought, man - this is got to be it. this will shut up all the "eaders and lawmakers of America are not willing to name the true victims and reasons for rising crime in America" but nope, here it is.

I don't like police tactics and they are allowed by law to lie in order to gain information from suspect, So I basically think they are a corrupt organization.

this is true. and it really isn't a smart move, considering police can protect and serve best with the full trust of the community they're policing.

no the tragedy is that lives are being lost. not that people want to know what is going on with our police.

for a very brief second after i watched that video last night i thought, man - this is got to be it. this will shut up all the "eaders and lawmakers of America are not willing to name the true victims and reasons for rising crime in America" but nope, here it is.

Disagree. The big picture provides illumination to see that our police are also victims. In this world of instant news and video the public is far too ready to allow mob rule to take precedence over our justice system. Whatever the outcome of an investigation, there will be those who perceive our police force as being the problem. Today, more and more people are resisting arrest and verbally and physically assaulting the police. Why?

Disagree. The big picture provides illumination to see that our police are also victims. In this world of instant news and video the public is far too ready to allow mob rule to take precedence over our justice system. Whatever the outcome of an investigation, there will be those who perceive our police force as being the problem. Today, more and more people are resisting arrest and verbally and physically assaulting the police. Why?

more and more people are being charged with resisting arrest and assaulting police. if you watched the video, you can watch the cop put the taser next to his kill. he did that for a reason.

more and more people are being charged with resisting arrest and assaulting police. if you watched the video, you can watch the cop put the taser next to his kill. he did that for a reason.

It's going to be a long time before the results of an investigation are presented to the public. In the meantime, there is a growing wave of folks who will make of their minds and reject the result of that investigation. Now is the time to allow cool heads to prevail. The video shows an officer shooting an unarmed black man in the back it what appears to be cold blooded murder.

Let the wheels of justice turn and let the facts be examined in our justice system and not on the streets where folks want to make all police pay.

It's going to be a long time before the results of an investigation are presented to the public. In the meantime, there is a growing wave of folks who will make of their minds and reject the result of that investigation. Now is the time to allow cool heads to prevail. The video shows an officer shooting an unarmed black man in the back it what appears to be cold blooded murder.

Let the wheels of justice turn and let the facts be examined in our justice system and not on the streets where folks want to make all police pay.

what are you talking about? if people want to protest police brutality, they are completely within their rights to do so. we're not a full fledged police state yet, have some patience.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

This has happened many times before I'm sure...to white, black, or any color victims.

It's just that, this time they have a clear video. I'm hoping for a harsh punishment.

Police were given guns so that they can provide protection to the society,

and not for going human hunting.

Yes, it's stupid for someone to run away from police, but stupidity doesn't deserve

bullets in the back...when clearly the police was not in physical danger from a

man that's actually running away from him.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

you said a mouthful, people think we are always quick to say it's race when it's in fact what you said, about having to tell your kids to be careful because the law enforcement is enforced on you differently because I skin color! I don't see how it can be justified that your wrong in what your saying I have three boys and I have to remind them to watch what they do and say and in even saying these things it can still not be enough!!

I'm outraged because it's a man. The color doesn't matter to me, because I get mad if any person is killed unjustly. Unlike some of the people here who can't even muster up a single iota of sympathy or rage UNLESS it's a black person or a Muslim doing the deed.

If the guy was white, I'd had to go with the evidence, because a rap sheet doesn't mean you're a killer. George Zimmerman had one, and continues to get in trouble with the law, but he get's the benefit of the doubt constantly. I wonder why...

I can't see that. You know why? Because we are treated differently. Where do you think things like #blacklivesmatter or #blackgirlsrock come from?This is a real problem in the world. Our lives matters less than that of a white person. This happens because these douche bag cops know if the perp is black, there's more chance for leniency. Period.

I'm emotional because while you get to talk about it, I have to live it. I have to check every move I make. I have to give my sons "the talk". I have to remember that even when a cop gives me an attitude and infringes on my civil liberties, I have to take it. Because if they kill me and say they felt threatened, there's a big chance folks will believe them, even though I have no record.

We all have to take it from cops. I for the most part hate cops, but I do know how to do the yes sir and no sir thing. Do I like bowing down to them, Hell no. But I I also know when to pick my fights with them and face to face is not the time.

I rarely have interactions with cops so there is no picking and choosing when to stand up for my rights. I've talked to cops far more in a coffee shop than I have when they were directly seeking me out.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

when a story hits, all the big outlets cover it. cnn was not the only outlet that mentioned race in their headline. first and foremost this is about police brutality, but since minorities suffer police brutality at a much higher rate..it's about race also.

if this hadn't been recorded, cop's story would have sufficed and no one would even be talking about it. ever wonder why some of us went crazy to find out that darren wilson had checked his own evidence? this is why.

Police brutality do not happen to minorities. I am shocked you would say anything like this. Especially after that White Indian guy from India was walking down the street in his son's neighborhood and got body slammed and pinned, with a big fat boot in the back that said "Welcome to American, don't over stay your tourist visa."

It's only about race if people make it about race. The crime here is murder, and there appears to be enough evidence to convict without too much court hoo-hah.

Yea right. This will drag out. His shoe kicked dirt in the officer's face while running, this constitutes as ASSAULT