47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My hubby is a gigantic .... I don't know what to call him. The CO asked him if this was a fiance visa and he said "I think so", our visa is IR1 which would be a CR1 by now. I don't know what to do now, the CO may be thinking against our relationship.

You seem to be just as confused. A cr1 is for couples who have been married for less than 2 years, and ir1 is for couples married MORE than 2, you have it backwards

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No one here knows what I am going through being far from my hubby and I was freaking out when I started this topic because I didn't even consider that he will get on AP. I know he got nervous which is normal I guess, I was just freaking out because it's easy to confuse between visa classifications but not normal to confuse on what he was asked. I was not expecting that so I freaked out. We have waited for each other 15 years and I just wanted him to be here because I know there's no way for me to visit him unless I quit my job which is not an option at all for me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Everybody gets AP.

Male Pakistan will always, ok there may be one exception get the longer variety.

Pakistan is AP central for obvious reasons. I personally do not think what he said makes any difference, but there is no way of knowing either way.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I have had only 10 male relatives come here without AP so that's not always the norm. I don't want to be insensitive here but a lot of males on these forums get AP because the couples have ethnicity, age and a lot of other differences and the guys appear more of security concerns. It boils me because 3 of my cousins hubbys just came without any such issue in the recent 4 months when their profession is actually more of a security concern than my husbands. A lot of male from Pakistan have given reviews in Embassy section too say they got it without any AP. This blows!!!!

Timeline

I actually never heard of AP in my family and only heard about it when filing and coming on this forum. It's not about getting AP but when he would get OFF of it. I feel like they just sit on applications doing nothing like most of other goverment processes.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Post violating the below quoted provision of the TOS removed~~

By way example and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service you will not:

• Attempt to bypass the Forums language filter through the use of alternative characters to spell profanities or through the posting of images containing profanity.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

@Amkhan and everyone else. Thank you so much for your support especially Amkhan. After 1 month and 6 days of Administrative Processing my husbands visa was finally Issued. I always ha a feeling that the conselor would have approved him right away bcuz he was asked for no documents or evidence nothing and he was in AP only due to his visit to another MENA country 8 years ago. Anyway, I can finally breath, scream and go crazy.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

WOW congrats for your success so party all night from ur hubby side hahaha good to know really happy to hear that i can feel the pain when couples far from each others since my wife in states and i am stuck here in middle east lol but good time comes with brings many joys & happiness.....

Wish you all the best for your happily married life and all the best for your Hubby too... tell him not too confused at next POE interview :) hahaha

Timeline

Don't worry I will keep him caffeinated, on point and dialed in.

Don't worry, you will be with your wife soon, it will happen and be worth it all. I pray that your comes through really fast.

Timeline

Not that's not the case, he is actually super confident but I sent him a freaking 500 page binder that got to him literally 1 day before the interview so he didn't even sleep and I know the traveling to "Iran" question is what made him nervous because we knew that would prolong the process. He is super confident otherwise he wouldn't have gone through it like a champ.

Timeline

yes i know i was joking paki males are intelligant and confident no doubt..... u arrenged 500 pages for him and here i have no arrenge everything lol again wish u all the best dont forget to ahre POE experience so other VJs can get some info too.......

Timeline

Thank you. The sad part is the counselor did not even check a single thing in the binder lol, I workd so hard to make sure he had everything just in case they ask but they did not even bother. Oh well, it's all worth it if he got it.

I will write all our experience and update timeline too and will review ISB embassy as well. When did you interview?

Timeline

oh its good that they did not asked for more evidence infect you have some privacy the conversation between u and ur hubby is totally private and CO ask to see or read i would feel little acward....lol i m working on my evidences too m saving them as much as i can .... well i am waiting for my petitaion to be approve its been 4-5 months and our lawer is very slow......we r expecting NO2 on june mid so lets see....... life without wife is hell we used to go for movies dinner etc now nothing..... so when ur hubby is joining you and which part of states u guys going to live?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your experience. I put our whole packet together and did not include my husband (the applicant) on much of anything. I definitely could just imagine the exact same thing happening during his interview due to his ADHD.

(L) Married 4 Years!

03/05/2014 - Mailed in I-130
03/10/2014 - Priority Date
03/11/2014 - NOA1 Received
12/12/2014 - NOA2 Received
12/31/2014 - Case Number Received
01/01/2015 - E-File DS-161
01/05/2015 - AOS Fees Paid
02/03/2015 - IV Fees Paid
04/09/2015 - AOS & IV Package Sent (EP)
04/28/2015 - NVC Case Complete (19 Days! - Lucky) :dancing:

05/07/2015 - Received Interview Details

06/25/2015 - Scheduled Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.