clairainette

March 2015 AOS Filers

1,306 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ok so my green card status did say as on April 23rd my case is ready to be scheduled a for a interview but I just checked it and it now says as of 4th July your case is ready to be scheduled for a interview.does this mean anything at all?

We just received our EAD & AP approval (still waiting on the card to arrive). While we received the approval letter, the website has not been updated.

Our AOS status on the USCIS website also had the date of April 23 stating our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview. I just was checking the status and it has also stated that as of July 4th, our case is ready to be scheduled.

Hopefullly this means it has been placed on a desk of the person who will actually be doing the scheduling! Fingers crossed!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We just received our EAD & AP approval (still waiting on the card to arrive). While we received the approval letter, the website has not been updated.

Our AOS status on the USCIS website also had the date of April 23 stating our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview. I just was checking the status and it has also stated that as of July 4th, our case is ready to be scheduled.

Hopefullly this means it has been placed on a desk of the person who will actually be doing the scheduling! Fingers crossed!

Congratulations on your approval

Ahh ok interesting!let's keep our fingers crossed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Trust y'all had an awesome weekend and looking forward to a great week. Some of us are still waiting for our EADcards, some will have interviews, whatever it is you're praying and hoping for this week, rest assured God's favour is on you. Be blessed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every notice uscis mails out, there is a 30 day window to receive that notice

It's not 30 days though. It's 60 days. They said we'll received it by August 30th and we had our Interview last June 30th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval

Ahh ok interesting!let's keep our fingers crossed

Our status "Ready to be scheduled" already changed twice: from "As of, 05/08/15" to 06/28 to 07/05. I do not think it means the case ended up on somebody's desk "to be scheduled." These are likely just dates when the USCIS online system updated itself. This is is only an assumption, however. I also hope that the change in dates does not mean that the case was moved to the end of line of those to be scheduled, especially knowing long wait for the Denver's office.

------

I-130 (as part of IR-5 process) - USCIS (Nebraska Service Center)

06/09/14 - sent I-130

06/14/14 - NOA 1

11/14/14 - NOA 2 (5 months)

AOS (Local Office: Denver)

03/24/15 - AOS packet sent via USPS Priority Mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131 w/ approved I-130)

03/26/15 - package delivered according to USPS website

04/01/15 - email notifying the AOS package has been received

04/02/15 - an AOS fee withdrawn from a bank account

04/09/15 - received hard copies of all three NOAs (NOAs dated 04/01/15)

04/28/15 - Biometrics

05/08/15 - online status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

05/18/15 - online status changed to I-765 approved-wait the card in the mail (no change for I-131) (80 days)

05/19/15 - received EAD/AP in the mail

05/28/15 - online status changed to "As of June 28, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." This is the second time of such change since 05/08/15.

07/05/15 - online status changed to "As of July 5, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." How many times are they going to update that status, I wonder?

12/18/15 - still waiting!!! For almost 9 months now (261 days from AOS NOA, 234 days from Biometrics).

01/14/16 - submitted "out-of-normal processing time" inquiry and called USCIS that stated the case is still at NBC and "inquiry" should answer why there is such delay.

01/15/16 - 294 days since the AOS was received by the USCIS; 262 days from the biometrics.

01/28/16 - [day 309] received response to case status inquiry (processed on 01/23/15) - "your case is waiting to be scheduled for interview," so wait another 90 days [sigh].

02/21/16 - [day 332] interview scheduled for 03/24/16 [363 days from the receipt of petition].

02/24/16 - [day 363] AOS interview. Approval on the spot.

Timeline

Our status "Ready to be scheduled" already changed twice: from "As of, 05/08/15" to 06/28 to 07/05. I do not think it means the case ended up on somebody's desk "to be scheduled." These are likely just dates when the USCIS online system updated itself. This is is only an assumption, however. I also hope that the change in dates does not mean that the case was moved to the end of line of those to be scheduled, especially knowing long wait for the Denver's office.

My local office is Denver too,so I hope that isn't the case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

100 days later, we finally received our I-797 approval for the EAD & AP! Now just waiting on the actual cards to arrive in the mail!

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone I am asking for your advice. We have not heard anything yet from my husbands AOS (received EAD few weeks ago) . We plan on traveling out of the country in December but I feel he won't have the green card by then/ability to do so. My lawyer did not want us to apply for AP because she said we needed a specific reason....which I see isn't the case and that it looks like basically everyone becomes approved. Do you guys think I should apply for APnow.. also what do I put for reason? Thanks guys.. I'm excited for everyone that has had their AOS interview and been approved.

Also...anyone in. Connecticut?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone I am asking for your advice. We have not heard anything yet from my husbands AOS (received EAD few weeks ago) . We plan on traveling out of the country in December but I feel he won't have the green card by then/ability to do so. My lawyer did not want us to apply for AP because she said we needed a specific reason....which I see isn't the case and that it looks like basically everyone becomes approved. Do you guys think I should apply for APnow.. also what do I put for reason? Thanks guys.. I'm excited for everyone that has had their AOS interview and been approved.

We applied for our AP with our EAD & AOS because we had planned our honeymoon. We used our out-of-country honeymoon as a valid reason. Along with the request to travel back to the Netherlands for a trip to visit family.

I hope this helps!

Timeline

Your plan to travel out the country is a valid reason enough

I just stated I planned on visiting home but didn't need any evidence etc to back that up

UPDATE with my AOS INTERVIEW... "Approved on the Spot"..The IO didn't ask any document from us, not a single thing.He just ask basic questions from the form I-485..my Husband was ask too..just the bio questions about himself and date of our Marriage..that's all..Thanks VJ family..Good luck to those who are scheduled for their interview and to the rest of March Filers, Good Luck..Special Mention to my Kabayan ----- Sweet01 for being supportive on this thread..Good luck to your new job too Kabayan,,(Salamat)...I am now enjoying my payroll for 4weeks now, got a little savings, a new car and a credit card...I thank God for all the blessings..

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Question... does everyone's ssn say "valid for work only with DHS authorization"? I got my card today just about a week after applying which is awesome but I thought it was just going to look like a regular ssn. I had an ssn card when I was in the states for college and this is what it said. I'd misplaced the card and needed a new one in order to go to the dmv which is why I got this. I clearly stated that I needed a replacement card but also to remove the restrictions and I showed my EAD card. But I still got a card back with what I thought was a restriction. So, is this correct??

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Timeline

Question... does everyone's ssn say "valid for work only with DHS authorization"? I got my card today just about a week after applying which is awesome but I thought it was just going to look like a regular ssn. I had an ssn card when I was in the states for college and this is what it said. I'd misplaced the card and needed a new one in order to go to the dmv which is why I got this. I clearly stated that I needed a replacement card but also to remove the restrictions and I showed my EAD card. But I still got a card back with what I thought was a restriction. So, is this correct??

Hello jens_prodigy,

Our cards have the same wording as well. I was told that whenever we get the green cards, we will have to go back to ssa and remove these conditions. Not a problem for work though, you just need to show work permit.

Good luck on your journey, when's your interview?

Timeline

UPDATE with my AOS INTERVIEW... "Approved on the Spot"..The IO didn't ask any document from us, not a single thing.He just ask basic questions from the form I-485..my Husband was ask too..just the bio questions about himself and date of our Marriage..that's all..Thanks VJ family..Good luck to those who are scheduled for their interview and to the rest of March Filers, Good Luck..Special Mention to my Kabayan ----- Sweet01 for being supportive on this thread..Good luck to your new job too Kabayan,,(Salamat)...I am now enjoying my payroll for 4weeks now, got a little savings, a new car and a credit card...I thank God for all the blessings..

Congrats hon08

You're on way to your American Dream, all the best in your future endeavors.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.