mallafri76

Why is Philippines auto expedited

77 posts in this topic

I dont think it is auto-expedited. Some people are just PRO-ACTIVE. They would request for expedite because they think they qualify for one. Some people got approved, some dont.

US has a base almost everywhere (JAPAN, MIDDLE EAST countries) it has nothing to do with bases.

US and PI might have ties from long ago. It was once a colony of US but was just given its freedom.

So its a case to case basis. Dont take it on filipinos. We did not want the back to back to back typhoons and natural calamities. For sure, a lot of us (affected filipinos of typhoons) would trade the typhoon and the expedites and would just want to wait and be safe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The way it works with any bureaucracy is that a policy change is instituted for a good reason, at some point that reason is no longer valid, but it takes a huge amount of effort to undo it. I don't know what the situation is in the Phillipines, but if the expedites are continuing beyond what was reasonable at the time, it's just inertia, not because some high powered politician is keeping it that way.

Timeline

msbau764, I totally agree with you there, that there has to be some politician originally from the Philippines or some rich person influencing the immigration process so that Philippinos get auto expedited. Like you say, there are several countries with natural disasters who do not get auto expedited. Not to mention the whole Boko Harem mess in Nigeria, which makes it an extremily dangerous place right now but Nigerians are still not auto expedited, as far as I understand.

I have a colleague from the Philipinnes who just went home last summer with her husband and two little kids and had a wonderful time with sun and sea. She didn't mention anything about any devastation or difficulty travelling around or enjoying family time in the Philipinnes.

Just interesting to see why some nationatlities get auto expedited and others don't. It's a little frustrating when the rest of us have to wait so long to get approved and others get auto expedited for no apparent reason. :(

You are preaching to the choir. My husband was in Kenya with bomb threats, West Gate Mall bombed, Al Shabaab terrorists threats, even through the Embassy evacuation. USCIS expedited 2 weeks prior to normal processing. But the Embassy wouldn't. go figure! :protest: Lol lol not really funny but you got to laugh or you would cry. We were just approved on the 26th of Jan. Hang in there. I had to do a lot of praying and crying {cleansing}. But now its over hallelujah!

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I dont think it is auto-expedited. Some people are just PRO-ACTIVE. They would request for expedite because they think they qualify for one. Some people got approved, some dont.

Dont take it on filipinos.

No, it's an auto expedite. I've seen a lot of Filipino members post saying they were surprised at how fast they were approved and saying that they didn't ask for an expedite.

The thread is nothing against Filipinos and nothing personal. Just a curiosity why some nationalities get auto expedited and others don't. For example, Nigeria is a very dangerous country due to Boko Haram with people getting kidnapped, tortured, raped, buried alive, children sold as slaves, cities burnt down but Nigerians are not auto expedited. Would be interesting to know the reasons and logic behind why some nationalities are auto expedited and others not...

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Are people from Syria, Ukraine getting expedited at present? Will be interesting to see how long the Phillipines expedite goes on for.

Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Guys... I feel your pain too. I can feel how you feel being away with your love once and the stress on waiting in vain. It's not true guys the auto expedite. We also do wait like you. The expedite was just when the Typhoon Haiyan Happened in November 2013 when thousands of people died. In fact our family visas also run from 20 up years.

Please don't blame it to Filipinos. Let's understand the NVC. Prayer works. And MIRACLE happen when we expect it. (L)

Guys... I feel your pain too. I can feel how you feel being away with your love once and the stress on waiting in vain. It's not true guys the auto expedite. We also do wait like you. The expedite was just when the Typhoon Haiyan Happened in November 2013 when thousands of people died. In fact our family visas also run from 20 up years.

Please don't blame it to Filipinos. Let's understand the NVC. Prayer works. And MIRACLE happen when we expect it. (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

how do we wish it is auto expedite then we don't have to wait for a single day. In my case, our place was devastated with the November 2013 typhoon in the Philippines, petition for my mom was still pending, read on uscis.gov that we can expedite. We called to have it expedite. But we did still wait for 11months before she came to USA. Total of 2yrs of waiting for the case to complete. It's not about the Philippines, it's all about how do you process your papers, how busy your service center and how the visa bulliten changes.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

Because of the horrible Typhoon a year ago. Did severe damage to the country.

From what I read, only Leyte and some other province would be expedited due to the typhoon. For example, Manila was never affected by the typhoon and still Manila applications are expedited too.

Timeline

No, it's an auto expedite. I've seen a lot of Filipino members post saying they were surprised at how fast they were approved and saying that they didn't ask for an expedite.

The thread is nothing against Filipinos and nothing personal. Just a curiosity why some nationalities get auto expedited and others don't. For example, Nigeria is a very dangerous country due to Boko Haram with people getting kidnapped, tortured, raped, buried alive, children sold as slaves, cities burnt down but Nigerians are not auto expedited. Would be interesting to know the reasons and logic behind why some nationalities are auto expedited and others not...

Yes, Filipinos are definitely auto-expedited, the highest priority for processing.

Filed: Timeline

Are people from Syria, Ukraine getting expedited at present? Will be interesting to see how long the Phillipines expedite goes on for.

Last winter, when there were tanks downtown Kyiv ( the capital city) and Putin has started the undeclared war ( moving Russian troops to the eastern border) nobody expedited our case. Because of the nature of my job - I had to work in the war zone. So we filed on the basis of humanitarian and financial loss reasons - apparently that was not important enough. They put us in AP for 3 months, so we couldn't file another expedite request we just had to sit and wait for 7 months total. But just to be fair, I heard that now, they are expediting people from the eastern part of the country, that is officially a war zone.

Edited by YandP

I don't think it necessarily causes a backlog, do you? The backlog exists no matter what. It just increases and decreases depending on what suddenly gets added to the mix.

I think it would however push the rest of us further down the pile if they keep pulling the Philippines applications to the top. Same thing with any of the other changes that have happened over the past couple of years.

The entire process is frustrating as hell though for everyone. I think that it has to be done the way it is done and it is vital on the spousal visas to pull out the fraudulent cases HOWEVER there is a major gap in the length of time it takes that just shouldn't be there and the only explanation that makes sense is a lack of manpower to adjudicate.

I think your signature has incorrect years in the ROC section.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.