spaceink45

Adjust tourist visa to k3 visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How to adjust tourist visa to k3 visa

Talk to an immigration attorney before making a move. But my first impression is that you must not adjust a tourist visa (a non-dual intent non-immigrant category visa) to something else. Please google for 30-60 rule and the consequences.

Again, talk to a lawyer is what I would do. Good luck :).

Timeline

You wouldn't adjust to a K3 but to a permanent legal resident in the US. A K3 is for entering the US with a spousal visa and then adjusting the status to a permanent legal resident.

If you/your spouse are/is already in the US and entered with a tourist visa, I totally agree with Phy.

Edited by StrawberryKiss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

huh? to a K-3 visa? I don't advise it, as it means an interview at an Embassy with consular processing. outside the usa.

suggest, instead, to study Adjustment of Status - we've a Guide in the GUIDE section covering it. Greencard issued inside the USA, overstay automagically forgiven, etc etc. Must not leave USA.

If you're on a handphone, unplug it, come back and visit VJ on a real computer, you miss so much !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

How to adjust tourist visa to k3 visa

We submitted the petition for k1 visa but we haven't got any notification about it....is it a must to receive Notification 1 and Notifications 2??

9TH OCT 2014....I DIDN'T SUBMIT G1145 FOR ALONG WITH THE PACKAGE.

Cheque was cashed in on 5th Jan 2015.what does it mean?

Are you abandoning your I-129F petition?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems there is also no tourist visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

i dislike fishing expeditions, hope instead folk actually read the TOC in the GUIDES section.

Then pick a Guide in the Guide Section that pertains.

Kash2011 - Thanks for the member research - I usually do it also, but there's huge sun outside at the moment, mostly I'm having fun with gardening today.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

i dislike fishing expeditions, hope instead folk actually read the TOC in the GUIDES section.

Then pick a Guide in the Guide Section that pertains.

Kash2011 - Thanks for the member research - I usually do it also, but there's huge sun outside at the moment, mostly I'm having fun with gardening today.

My plants are happy today :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I didn't abandon anything but I thought I could get a visitor visa to USA and get married over there and then I arrange everything for k3 visa then submit it and I come back to my country of origin.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That was not what you asked about

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You could certainly try and get a tourist visa to come to the US, get married, return home and do the CR process - K-3 are all but extinct. The issue is that you'll probably have a hard time being given a tourist visa once a fiance petition has been filed for you. The consulate may suspect your intentions are to come to the US on a tourist visa, with the purpose of getting married and staying, which is considered immigration fraud.

However, even if you were able to do so, it would take longer than the current K-1 visa. Once you're married you would need to start the process all over again. It would require a new I-130 and it would reset the clock. The process would most likely take about 12 months from the moment the I-130 is filed. At this point, if you already have a K-1 visa underway, chances are you're 6 months away from getting your K-1.

So to answer your question, what you propose to do is certainly possible but highly unlikely to work, and even if it did it would set you back at least 6 months.

Good luck.

I didn't abandon anything but I thought I could get a visitor visa to USA and get married over there and then I arrange everything for k3 visa then submit it and I come back to my country of origin.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you are confused about this process and what visa you want. Go to the top of the page and read the guides and then come back when you understand the difference between the visas and the requirements

Timeline

a K-1 visa is faster. why to chase a K-3 now?

not how, but why?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Without having met in person you'd have trouble getting any kind of visa approved. As a suggestion, consider getting to know each other first before thinking about marriage and visas. There is a lot a stake in terms of time, money and personal effort and you may want to be sure you're doing it for the right reasons and for the right person. Not a judgment call, so much as an observation.

Having met in personal it's one of essential necessity required in order to apply for k-1 visa but we haven't fulfilled it in order to obtain k-1 visa

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.