spookyturtle

The Official CE&HST Super Bowl Thread

381 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Who gives a c r a p about football? It just a bunch of fatties trying to prevent each other from waddling down field.

The topic would fall off the page if no one posted in it. Thanks for taking the time to post and bringing it back up. Obviously you do care.

Yet another humorless liberal...

It is being reported that only one of the Patriots footballs was about 2 psi low, and the other 10 were about 1 psi low. This fits exactly what Belichick said when the team did the experiment themselves.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/nfl-bears-plenty-of-blame-for-deflategate/

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Yet another humorless liberal...

Don't be so hard on your self. You're not humorless. You're just a bit uptight.

Relax a little. You'll be fine.

It is being reported that only one of the Patriots footballs was about 2 psi low, and the other 10 were about 1 psi low. This fits exactly what Belichick said when the team did the experiment themselves.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/nfl-bears-plenty-of-blame-for-deflategate/

Remember - you read it here first.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Remember - you read it here first.

From what I have read, going from 72 to 50 degrees would lower the inflation by about 1 psi. Belichick said that the preparation method used by the team artificially raises the pressure. He said the pressure is raised by friction. The balls are rubbed, scrubbed, brushed or whatever in order to get them prepared. This generates heat which raise the psi slightly. The ref is told that they want the balls at 12.5 psi. Only the air in the Patriots footballs is warmer than ambient temperature due to their preparation. So their footballs would lose more pressure than a ball with cooler air inside. This explains why the Colts footballs were not under inflated, plus the Colts balls supposedly tested at 13 psi at half time which means they started at a higher inflation to begin with.

This may become a non story. The media has blown this way out of proportion. The question I have is, what is the NFL going to say or do about this if there was no rule violation. Belichick was very confident in his press conference. I say no one let the air out of the balls. They were smart enough to let the laws of nature and science take care of it. I'll bet dollars to donuts that what they did isn't against the rules.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

From what I have read, going from 72 to 50 degrees would lower the inflation by about 1 psi. Belichick said that the preparation method used by the team artificially raises the pressure. He said the pressure is raised by friction. The balls are rubbed, scrubbed, brushed or whatever in order to get them prepared. This generates heat which raise the psi slightly. The ref is told that they want the balls at 12.5 psi. Only the air in the Patriots footballs is warmer than ambient temperature due to their preparation. So their footballs would lose more pressure than a ball with cooler air inside. This explains why the Colts footballs were not under inflated, plus the Colts balls supposedly tested at 13 psi at half time which means they started at a higher inflation to begin with.

This may become a non story. The media has blown this way out of proportion. The question I have is, what is the NFL going to say or do about this if there was no rule violation. Belichick was very confident in his press conference. I say no one let the air out of the balls. They were smart enough to let the laws of nature and science take care of it. I'll bet dollars to donuts that what they did isn't against the rules.

Seriously!! I saw one person saying they should strip the AFC title from the Patriots.

Belichick just needs 4 words this week. "...we're on to Arizona"

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Where did you read that 72 to 50 degrees would lower the inflation ? Is Belichick giving us a physics lesson? Time to call Mythbusters.

But you are right, we have gone to far when we have hurt Brady's feelings

"

Brady discussed the ongoing drama Monday morning on WEEI’s “Dennis and Callahan Morning Show,” and he’s just ready to move on at this point.

“It’s all speculation,” Brady said on WEEI. “I’ve tried to wrap my head around it, too. I’ve done that and I’m trying to move past that, because I continue to try to rehash things. I personalized a lot of things and thought this was all about me, and my feelings got hurt.”"

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

I am sorry, this chart does not talk about pressure in a bladder and does not compensate for atmospheric pressure. You would need a temperature collapse of 80 degrees to get a 2 PSI gauge difference.

pressure-law-03.jpg

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

Filed: Other Timeline

Like I said, it was the ball boy. Only the ball boy. No one else involved. No magic, no physics, just a pimple-faced ball boy who took it upon himself to deflate balls.

Patriots Locker Room Attendant Took Footballs From Officials Locker Room, NFL May Have Video
Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, you may be off the hook in the deflated football saga. Jay Glazer of Fox Sports just dropped a bombshell report, and it looks like the NFL has fingered the culprit – a locker room attendant.
NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest
This kid will be taken care of, for sure.
I mean by the Patriots, wink wink nudge nudge.
Interesting timing, this story dropping 24 hours before NFL media day. Instead of questions blaming Brady and Belichick, it’s all going to be about the locker room attendant.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Timeline

I am sorry, this chart does not talk about pressure in a bladder and does not compensate for atmospheric pressure. You would need a temperature collapse of 80 degrees to get a 2 PSI gauge difference.

:rolleyes:

That is 1 psi, not 1.0 psi, or 1.00 psi? Significant digits are important. 1 psi would have an implied accuracy of plus or minus one psi, whereas 1.0 psi would have an implied accuracy of plus or minus a tenth of a psi. So could be all the balls were inflated within a rounding error, with the exception of one ball, with perhaps a leaky orifice.

Did they a digital gauge, a mechanical gauge? Could make a difference. Digital gauge is direct reading, but the final digit is always subject to a rounding error. A mechanical guage is more subjective and user dependent, yet may off an increased degree of accuracy. Who calibrated all the gauges and to what standard? When was the last time the gauges were calibrated?

Timeline

Like I said, it was the ball boy. Only the ball boy. No one else involved. No magic, no physics, just a pimple-faced ball boy who took it upon himself to deflate balls.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Tampering after measurement is the most logical answer

Not according to Headsmart Labs. Read the "Science Behind Deflate-Gate. They said the air pressure could have dropped by up to 1.95 psi from weather and field conditions alone.

http://www.headsmartlabs.com/

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015