spookyturtle

The Official CE&HST Super Bowl Thread

381 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

http://nypost.com/2015/01/22/ex-players-react-bradys-cluelessness-unbelievable/

Ex-players react: Brady's cluelessness 'unbelievable'

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/rice-sees-asterisk-next-patriots-if-they-win-super-bowl

Jerry Rice sees asterisk next Patriots if they win Super Bowl

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/brady-knows-properly-inflated-football-215000567.html

Fran Tarkenton, former NFL quarterback, reacts to comments by the New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady on the deflation of balls.

Because of the past. And if they are lying about this latest accusation, it's not going to be a slap on the wrist. This is a stupid, minor incident, but their past is going to haunt them. And Brady lied on TV yesterday. He knows every dimple on the football. This may have been going on for a while.

The past in "spygate" was also a stupid minor infraction that people blew way out of proportion simply because it's Belichik. I think it's comical to watch how jealous and resentful these people are. At this point with the way the witch hunt has gone on, I don't blame any of them for lying. If they did come out and say they did it, they'd be hung at sunset in the center of town.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/22/ex-players-react-bradys-cluelessness-unbelievable/

Ex-players react: Brady's cluelessness 'unbelievable'

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/rice-sees-asterisk-next-patriots-if-they-win-super-bowl

Jerry Rice sees asterisk next Patriots if they win Super Bowl

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/brady-knows-properly-inflated-football-215000567.html

Fran Tarkenton, former NFL quarterback, reacts to comments by the New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady on the deflation of balls.

:rolleyes:

Esiason Calls DeflateGate Sour Grapes:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/19/esiason-calls-deflategate-sour-grapes-colts-got-their-butt-kicked/

Fauxrage (noun) : Frenzy created by media or blogs to inflate a usually minor, perceived offense into a major scandal or continuing political event. (partially popularized by Clay Travis)

Former Raiders/Chiefs/Vikings QB Rich Gannon, via ESPN:

“Ask any quarterback, and this is a non-issue. Everybody does something, to them. It’s like a pitcher, he wants the ball a certain way. Take Tiger Woods, you wouldn’t tell him after he’s been hitting a 10.5 degree loft all week with a certain ball that, ‘Hey, now we’re going to switch your ball out.’ That’s his thing, and it’s that specific feel that you want. That football is how we make our living and it sounds crazy, but it’s a sacred thing. It’s got to be a certain way.”

Former Jets/Cardinals/Bengals QB Boomer Esiason, via ESPN:

“It really does seem totally ridiculous that this story has been blown so far out of proportion. If you look at the footballs that the quarterbacks are playing with and throwing for the last six or seven years, just realize that everybody is doing the same thing.”

Indianapolis Colts tight end Dwayne Allen, via Twitter:

“(The Patriots) could have played with soap for balls and beat us.”

Former Giants guard Geoff Schwartz, via Twitter:

“This is just an issue because it’s the Patriots. This doesn’t change the outcome of the game.”

Former Arizona Cardinals and USC quarterback Matt Leinart, via Twitter:

Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, via NBC Sports:

“I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.”

http://chowderandchampions.com/2015/01/22/current-former-nfl-players-weigh-new-england-patriots-deflate-gate/

The past in "spygate" was also a stupid minor infraction that people blew way out of proportion simply because it's Belichik. I think it's comical to watch how jealous and resentful these people are. At this point with the way the witch hunt has gone on, I don't blame any of them for lying. If they did come out and say they did it, they'd be hung at sunset in the center of town.

The NFL found Spygate to be a big deal. Belichick was given the biggest fine in NFL history. As a result, the organization will be under the microscope for decades to come. The Patriots cannot do the little rule bending that all teams do anymore.

This ball air pressure thing is idiotic, yet it is going to cost them dearly in many ways. I think the NFL is dragging it's heels because the referee did not check air pressure with a gauge, and they probably don't most of the time. I think the Pats submitted under inflated balls and they passed inspection. I don't think they took the risk week after week altering air pressure after the pre-game inspection. I think Brady did what most every QB in the league does.

I also heard on the radio today that the home team usually selects 24 balls before the game. The ball selection is all on the QB. It is possible that Belichick knows nothing of what went on with Tom and the equipment guy. I also have to believe that a QB of Tom's ability could easily tell if the ball was under inflated by 2 lbs.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

That's a dumb statement. He's the best tight end in the game today.

Agreed. Gronk is the best in the business, and Lane did nothing other than give the Pats locker room material. Even dumber is Lane isn't even the guy who's going to be covering Gronk. It will be the safeties .. Chancellor and Thomas.

Edited by VJ_Messiah

Agreed. Gronk is the best in the business, and Lane did nothing other than give the Pats locker room material. Even dumber is Lane isn't even the guy who's going to be covering Gronk. It will be the safeties .. Chancellor and Thomas.

There will be plenty of bulletin board material with this latest scandal. A few former Pats players have been on local radio saying that Belichick will use this to the teams advantage in preparing for the Super Bowl.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

William Rhoden nails it in my opinion

Patriots Drag the N.F.L. Back Into Turbulence

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/sports/football/patriots-drag-league-back-into-scandal.html?_r=0

"When it comes to the N.F.L. these days, I am neither enraged nor surprised by any issues that arise as the league keeps its multibillion-dollar engine roaring. I am more or less numb. To a large extent, enjoying the N.F.L. these days requires one to put aside any high standards — which is just what plenty of people do every Sunday and will continue to do."

"At what point does the Patriots’ owner, Robert K. Kraft, get tired of this? Or maybe that’s the point: He doesn’t get tired. Maybe he rather enjoys having a coach who will do anything to win, whether he has to or not."

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

There will be plenty of bulletin board material with this latest scandal. A few former Pats players have been on local radio saying that Belichick will use this to the teams advantage in preparing for the Super Bowl.

Belichick is as crafty as they come imo. Belichick vs Carroll ... man this is going to be a good one for sure but I have to give Bellichick the edge ... he's been there more often.

One of my peeps inside the Pats organization just sent me this video of Bill Belichik and the Pats ball boy after yesterdays press conference.

:lol:

The NFL found Spygate to be a big deal. Belichick was given the biggest fine in NFL history. As a result, the organization will be under the microscope for decades to come. The Patriots cannot do the little rule bending that all teams do anymore.

This ball air pressure thing is idiotic, yet it is going to cost them dearly in many ways. I think the NFL is dragging it's heels because the referee did not check air pressure with a gauge, and they probably don't most of the time. I think the Pats submitted under inflated balls and they passed inspection. I don't think they took the risk week after week altering air pressure after the pre-game inspection. I think Brady did what most every QB in the league does.

I also heard on the radio today that the home team usually selects 24 balls before the game. The ball selection is all on the QB. It is possible that Belichick knows nothing of what went on with Tom and the equipment guy. I also have to believe that a QB of Tom's ability could easily tell if the ball was under inflated by 2 lbs.

The part in bold I fully agree with.

As for the number of balls per game, I believe it's 12 balls for a game with good weather and 24 for a game with bad weather, so it would have been 24 for the AFC Championship vs the Colts.

I believe that Brady knew about and wanted the ball inflated to a certain pressure, but based on the reaction this team gets at every turn, I don't blame him for not saying so. Stephen King of Sports Illustrated has said that if Brady had admitted he was responsible for the balls being underinflated he would have been suspended for the Superbowl.

Belichick is as crafty as they come imo. Belichick vs Carroll ... man this is going to be a good one for sure but I have to give Bellichick the edge ... he's been there more often.

[ quote]

This should have been one of the best games in years. The Patriots don't need under inflated balls to win. They have a brilliant coached who has one of the best football minds in the history of the game. Football is Beichicks life, everything else comes second, including his family. They have the winningest QB in the history of the game. Why skirt the rules on such a minor thing? Everyone worked their asses of to get to the big game, why jeopardize it over a couple of psi? Brady played better in the second half of the Colts game with the properly inflated balls. It seems so senseless.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015