spookyturtle

The Official CE&HST Super Bowl Thread

381 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what in the hell is camped out on her shoulder, a matchbox mini helicoptor pad?

maybe one of those repellent sticks, to keep bill from being around her.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Back to topic:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

From what I have read, going from 72 to 50 degrees would lower the inflation by about 1 psi. Belichick said that the preparation method used by the team artificially raises the pressure. He said the pressure is raised by friction. The balls are rubbed, scrubbed, brushed or whatever in order to get them prepared. This generates heat which raise the psi slightly. The ref is told that they want the balls at 12.5 psi. Only the air in the Patriots footballs is warmer than ambient temperature due to their preparation. So their footballs would lose more pressure than a ball with cooler air inside. This explains why the Colts footballs were not under inflated, plus the Colts balls supposedly tested at 13 psi at half time which means they started at a higher inflation to begin with.

This may become a non story. The media has blown this way out of proportion. The question I have is, what is the NFL going to say or do about this if there was no rule violation. Belichick was very confident in his press conference. I say no one let the air out of the balls. They were smart enough to let the laws of nature and science take care of it. I'll bet dollars to donuts that what they did isn't against the rules.

so rubbing your balls increases pressure. Who knew. Thanks

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Contrary to the many voices calling Roger Goodell weak and inept, regarding this incident, I think he might just have pulled off a master stroke, if the punishment holds up on appeal.

If Brady's first game back is against the Colts, the hype surrounding that game will be incredible. The bookies will be raking it in, the viewing figures will be epic and everyone will be watching to see how this grudge match plays out.

Barring Garoppolo making an epic start to the season, or Brady being rusty after 5 weeks on the sidelines, it should be fascinating to watch. :thumbs:

That is, of corse, if the punishment, based on zero actual facts, holds up. If it doesn't, then Roger Goodell will look like an absolute prat. :devil:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Tom Brady could have strong chance at winning DeflateGate appeal

A four-game suspension for Tom Brady's DeflateGate involvement angered New England Patriots officials, players and fans alike, but there's a chance the 10-time Pro Bowl quarterback will end up playing anyway.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for Brady to win his impending appeal of the punishment and re-establish himself as the Week 1 starter for the Patriots -- especially considering the legal team that he has assembled for his appeal via the NFL Players Association.

Joining Brady's high-profile agent, Don Yee, for the appeal will be Jeffrey Kessler, a noted labor attorney who recently represented Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. The legal team assembled by Brady was enough to convince one of Adam Schefter's sources that the suspension will be overturned altogether.

"Brady's team is unreal," the source said. "Talented, big-name lawyers: Yee, Kessler, etc. Prediction=won't miss a game."

Brady isn't the first superstar to receive a suspension in the last year and he wouldn't be the first one to have his punishment overturned. Peterson's indefinite suspension from the NFL was overturned in February, as was Ray Rice's in November. Even Ndamukong Suh's one-game suspension for stepping on Aaron Rodgers was tossed out, allowing him to play in a wild card game against the Dallas Cowboys.

None of those players were suspended for cheating, though. That's what makes Brady's suspension a rare one, but with evidence that it "was more probable than not" that Brady was aware of the alleged deflation plans, the likelihood that his lawyers can earn a victory in the appeal may be high.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/13/8600105/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-appeal-deflategate

Edited by Teddy B

Tom Brady could have strong chance at winning DeflateGate appeal

A four-game suspension for Tom Brady's DeflateGate involvement angered New England Patriots officials, players and fans alike, but there's a chance the 10-time Pro Bowl quarterback will end up playing anyway.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for Brady to win his impending appeal of the punishment and re-establish himself as the Week 1 starter for the Patriots -- especially considering the legal team that he has assembled for his appeal via the NFL Players Association.

Joining Brady's high-profile agent, Don Yee, for the appeal will be Jeffrey Kessler, a noted labor attorney who recently represented Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. The legal team assembled by Brady was enough to convince one of Adam Schefter's sources that the suspension will be overturned altogether.

"Brady's team is unreal," the source said. "Talented, big-name lawyers: Yee, Kessler, etc. Prediction=won't miss a game."

Brady isn't the first superstar to receive a suspension in the last year and he wouldn't be the first one to have his punishment overturned. Peterson's indefinite suspension from the NFL was overturned in February, as was Ray Rice's in November. Even Ndamukong Suh's one-game suspension for stepping on Aaron Rodgers was tossed out, allowing him to play in a wild card game against the Dallas Cowboys.

None of those players were suspended for cheating, though. That's what makes Brady's suspension a rare one, but with evidence that it "was more probable than not" that Brady was aware of the alleged deflation plans, the likelihood that his lawyers can earn a victory in the appeal may be high.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/13/8600105/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-appeal-deflategate

I think the NFL built in a cushion on the 4 game suspension knowing it would be appealed. I guess that it will get reduced to 2-3 games and then it's up to Brady to decide if he wants to accept it or go to Federal Court. If he goes to real court, he will have to turn over his texts and emails. If he was innocent, I think he would have done that during the investigation. IMO, he should have owned up at the beginning, there would have been no investigation and he would have gotten a slap on the wrist fine and it would done with.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I think the NFL built in a cushion on the 4 game suspension knowing it would be appealed. I guess that it will get reduced to 2-3 games and then it's up to Brady to decide if he wants to accept it or go to Federal Court. If he goes to real court, he will have to turn over his texts and emails. If he was innocent, I think he would have done that during the investigation. IMO, he should have owned up at the beginning, there would have been no investigation and he would have gotten a slap on the wrist fine and it would done with.

I don't think so. I think he could have been suspended for the Superbowl if he came clean. There was a big push for that even without any evidence.

I don't think so. I think he could have been suspended for the Superbowl if he came clean. There was a big push for that even without any evidence.

True, but the push was from the outside media and fans. I'm guessing whatever they are hiding is worse than him getting suspended. Refusing to let McNally be interviewed a second time says a lot. The Saints denied everything in BountyGate too, then when the emails etc came out, the one coach owned up to it. Payton was suspended because he was warned that while the NFL hadn't found anything, that it better stop. It didn't, he got booted for a year. The Saints had fair warning since the initial investigation didn't produce anything. But they continued on.

Brady will appeal and may get his suspension reduced. He had to know what was going on even if it wasn''t a direct order from him.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015