begood

I got slapped in my ear and face

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

There is a hotline where you can find help:

National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−7233

Call them. Pack your things and leave. Don't look back.

Good luck.

Hi I feel very bad, I can't sleep thinking about my situation, he 'husband' was arrested for domestic violence months ago, I had no experience or knowledge to do anything, the case was dropped , he asked for forgiveness, I gave him a chance , and he came back to the house, he was nice in short time, then now he is totally different and worse than anytime before, he insulted me 2 days ago, I take it especially there is a trip between us to see some family overseas and to do some work for myself , I'm not working yet , he is the one and only support for me, after when he insulted 2 days ago, he made me very nervous I started screaming until he slapped me for the first time on my face, I asked him for divorce because the relationship is over since he put his hand on my face, I knew he is not going to ask for aplogise , I didn't do anything blaming myself why I was tripping and screaming when he insult me until he slapped me , today i was trying to forget whats happened days ago, he came to the house still angry, he wanted to fight again, I was talking to him because I'm stupid I should not be speaking to somebody who slapped me, I don't remember well how fight was strong until he gave me another slap in my ear, face, it was hard I was shocked at point that I run to the room, to call the police, I was thinking do I have to call the police or no, I take time, just thinking while I was in big shock, he wanted to leave the house, I followed him he spit in my face, he left the house, then he come back asking where the police? I'm ready! I don't know why I didn't call the police, I can't sleep thinking about how disrespectful woman I'm , how can I now live in the same small house with him? I wish if I have job to be able to leave him as quick as possible? I feel I'm the only women she is going through this situation, I never been disrespectful from somebody, but now I'm

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

yes , thanks

Why are you on here talking about this instead of going to a women's shelter? You do not have to live with someone who you feel is abusing you.

You are also cr1 and do not need vawa.

i needed to sleep after whats happened last night -pacific time- , he is not working today as i know but he left at 06h30 to ? he windrow the rest of money $25 in the joint account the balance is 0 today , as soon as he heard i may need some joint document with him, he is trying harder to remove me as much as he can from everything, he stopped paying life insurance until get terminated, no intention to renew health insurance because he has another one in his job, im getting myself together to let my family know and leave

Timeline

Not going to judge either way here. Whether he slapped you to stop you screaming in his face, there is no excuse for physical or emotional violence in a relationship (from either side). Ever.

(and I regard your screaming in his face as emotional violence)

Once your partner Man or Woman does this, the respect is gone and will never return, and the relationship is over. You are both doing this, so it's completely broken.

Staying in the same small house with the situation unchanged will mean it will happen again. You only have control over your own actions - google a woman's refuge in your area, go there, and once you are in a safe calm environment, work out what to do next.

yes i agree the respect is gone, the relationship is over, screaming was my only one reaction while i was hearing a ton of insult, i do not touch him like he did, anytime he causes problem by insulting and disrespecting me, i initiate to communicate and makes things work, because i don't like to live with problems especially i have no family here or friends to help and give some emotional support, one of the bigest mistakes i did when i came to USA , is to just keep picking and picking the best job for me until i lost time, and i lost a lot of good opportunities, ins tide of just start working and having money, so he know i cant do much because i do not work, and he know i have nowhere to go just to stay at the house that's why the life with him become impossible, he needs more and more he needs to kill next time i guess

Do you have any friend that could help you

unfortunately 0 , no one to talk too

Pack up and run run run....there are many shelters out there...go to one.

im contacting right now to see if i can be out today, he is outside , he will come in the evening, i have nothing to do just to remove myself from the abuse

Timeline

There is a hotline where you can find help:

National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−7233

Call them. Pack your things and leave. Don't look back.

Good luck.

big thanks for the number

Timeline

Good Lord woman, what are you doing on the internet?! Run! Go to the nearest church or police station! Take whatever you can and run! The longer that you stay the harder it will be.

i just got up may be 1h before --pacific time-, i couldn't sleep all night , i have too much work to do now, and i have no power, also i just have a permit learning driver licence , so the buses/trolley or walk are my only options

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i just got up may be 1h before --pacific time-, i couldn't sleep all night , i have too much work to do now, and i have no power, also i just have a permit learning driver licence , so the buses/trolley or walk are my only options

Then bus or walk it to wherever you have to go. Some shelters will pay for a taxi for you. You should not have to spend one more moment in there. Whatever work you have to do should not supersede your safety!

I wish good luck to this woman, u can find another good job opportunities , & you will have income, be away from this man plz, it seems like he does not care about police ,

is she not going to find a difficulty to update her immigration status alone?, while she said he was nt helping & stopping health/life insurance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should really listen to the good advice you are getting here. It will only take a few minutes to locate a shelter. Thew local police have advocates that will help you find a women's safe house. Once there they will help you with all your needs e.g. a job housing, counseling or a plane ticket back to your home country. Once you know you are with an abuser you MUST get out as this is the behavior they know best. Isn't your life worth something to you? These people are controllers and the ultimate control is to kill. He needs help and you need help, I hope you will seek it.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I totally agree with Vagabond1 !! I did just run away from my husband and it took me a while to have the courage to leave!! But enough is enough!! Once I got further and further away I felt like I could finally breathe again and felt free... I enjoy an arguement free day now, quiet time and peace of mind... My phone and my computer are not getting checked all the time anymore... I can speak free, without having to worry that he will twist my words to make up a reason to hurt or attack me... Get out! Leave him! As hard and hurtful as it is... Do it for your own sake! Despite everything I thought he loved me, but now with the distance and talking about it and thinking about it, I realized, he does not even know what love is! All those promises that he will change for my sake and our love are only said, because he wants to control me and make me stay or come back... He would lose his power game of controlling if I do not... Hence why he promises what he does not even mean... Don t do this to yourself!! Stop caring about what is good for him! Because clearly he does not care about what is good for you!!

It took me a lot to go to the police and tell them what has happened... But once I did and when they were so nice and understanding I was not as scared anymore...

A friend of mine said to me : You are fighting for your own well being and livelyhood now!

That was when I realized I had sacrificed who I am and who I want to be to please him and make him happy... But he did not care about anyone but himself...

FIGHT and get out! Fight your emotions and your fear!! It will not be easy, but it will be worth it!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if he hit u again, u really should call the cops and he'll be arrested for domestic violence. u can then file a restraining order against him too and you can live in the house/apt and he will have to find his own place because that is your residence as well. it's too bad you don't have family or friends close-by to give you a place to stay because even if you stay there, he could easily violate the restraining order. oh my. i wish you the best of luck. please report him though. he needs to have this on his criminal record.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.