begood

I got slapped in my ear and face

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi I feel very bad, I can't sleep thinking about my situation, he 'husband' was arrested for domestic violence months ago, I had no experience or knowledge to do anything, the case was dropped , he asked for forgiveness, I gave him a chance , and he came back to the house, he was nice in short time, then now he is totally different and worse than anytime before, he insulted me 2 days ago, I take it especially there is a trip between us to see some family overseas and to do some work for myself , I'm not working yet , he is the one and only support for me, after when he insulted 2 days ago, he made me very nervous I started screaming until he slapped me for the first time on my face, I asked him for divorce because the relationship is over since he put his hand on my face, I knew he is not going to ask for aplogise , I didn't do anything blaming myself why I was tripping and screaming when he insult me until he slapped me , today i was trying to forget whats happened days ago, he came to the house still angry, he wanted to fight again, I was talking to him because I'm stupid I should not be speaking to somebody who slapped me, I don't remember well how fight was strong until he gave me another slap in my ear, face, it was hard I was shocked at point that I run to the room, to call the police, I was thinking do I have to call the police or no, I take time, just thinking while I was in big shock, he wanted to leave the house, I followed him he spit in my face, he left the house, then he come back asking where the police? I'm ready! I don't know why I didn't call the police, I can't sleep thinking about how disrespectful woman I'm , how can I now live in the same small house with him? I wish if I have job to be able to leave him as quick as possible? I feel I'm the only women she is going through this situation, I never been disrespectful from somebody, but now I'm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Move out immediately into a women's shelter. Remove yourself from the abuse, as the highest priority.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems the OP is a PR so no immigration issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Move out immediately into a women's shelter. Remove yourself from the abuse, as the highest priority.

the first time when i called the police , he didn't slap me, this time i got very hard slap the slap made my ear and face and mouth all together hurting me, when i get up if i sleep hopefully there is no mark left,he sleep every day very loud like a baby, i take a sleep aid but i still cant sleep very well, he feel very strong now since he slapped me the first time and he repeated it, i want a divorce like i told him , i want to remove myself from the abuse

Timeline

Then follow this advice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Seems the OP is a PR so no immigration issues.

Im CR1 visa, he do not cooperate at all with me for any future immigration process , but no problem, anything but having the courage to slap me twice and spit on me in 3 days

Timeline

there is a lot of signs he is cheating , having an affair, he stopped answering his phone inside the house, stopped socializing, angry,....... i feel he hate me and cant wait to see me outside of the house,

please how can i remove myself from the abuse this time ?

Timeline

Leave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Immigrating to the US does not mean your a designated Punching Bag for an A__Hole! That appears the way you are being treated. Get the hell out! What date is he planning on finally killing you?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

MOVE OUT!!! LEAVE!! Get yourself to a women's shelter. The abuse will only get worse. I'm very sorry for your situation. Keep yourself safe.

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Why are you on here talking about this instead of going to a women's shelter? You do not have to live with someone who you feel is abusing you.

You are also cr1 and do not need vawa.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not going to judge either way here. Whether he slapped you to stop you screaming in his face, there is no excuse for physical or emotional violence in a relationship (from either side). Ever.

(and I regard your screaming in his face as emotional violence)

Once your partner Man or Woman does this, the respect is gone and will never return, and the relationship is over. You are both doing this, so it's completely broken.

Staying in the same small house with the situation unchanged will mean it will happen again. You only have control over your own actions - google a woman's refuge in your area, go there, and once you are in a safe calm environment, work out what to do next.

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

Hi I feel very bad, I can't sleep thinking about my situation, he 'husband' was arrested for domestic violence months ago, I had no experience or knowledge to do anything, the case was dropped , he asked for forgiveness, I gave him a chance , and he came back to the house, he was nice in short time, then now he is totally different and worse than anytime before, he insulted me 2 days ago, I take it especially there is a trip between us to see some family overseas and to do some work for myself , I'm not working yet , he is the one and only support for me, after when he insulted 2 days ago, he made me very nervous I started screaming until he slapped me for the first time on my face, I asked him for divorce because the relationship is over since he put his hand on my face, I knew he is not going to ask for aplogise , I didn't do anything blaming myself why I was tripping and screaming when he insult me until he slapped me , today i was trying to forget whats happened days ago, he came to the house still angry, he wanted to fight again, I was talking to him because I'm stupid I should not be speaking to somebody who slapped me, I don't remember well how fight was strong until he gave me another slap in my ear, face, it was hard I was shocked at point that I run to the room, to call the police, I was thinking do I have to call the police or no, I take time, just thinking while I was in big shock, he wanted to leave the house, I followed him he spit in my face, he left the house, then he come back asking where the police? I'm ready! I don't know why I didn't call the police, I can't sleep thinking about how disrespectful woman I'm , how can I now live in the same small house with him? I wish if I have job to be able to leave him as quick as possible? I feel I'm the only women she is going through this situation, I never been disrespectful from somebody, but now I'm

Pack up and run run run....there are many shelters out there...go to one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.