Mishthang

NVC Expedite Approved, what next?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,

My NVC request for an expeditious handling of my petition for my husband was approved!!! I finally got a Case number and IIN number today, as the expedite request was approved before I got my case number. Now I am not sure what to expect next. Based on the email I received from the Expedite department, the Embassy has agreed to expedite the case after the NVC has received all documents and processed all fees. Has anyone ever been through this process or have any information? If so, how long did it take to get a Case complete or an interview scheduled? Even though I know its based on your country's embassy. I could really use the help of my fellow VJers.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mishthang

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I got my expedite request filed after I had sent documents to NVC and paid all fees. I got it approved on 25th NOV, NVC shipped it out on 27th NOV, embassy received it on 9th december and my online status showed ready. On 11th dec i got email from embassy to go for interview on 15th Dec, On 12th dec did medical and got medical result on 13th dec ready for interview. At times if no fee and document has been sent to NVC embassy allows you to bring in documents original plus copies and pay fees on the interview date. But guess varies from one to another. All the best. Get everything ready Asap!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I had the same thing. Expedited through embassy

After NVC processed papers and fees. That took 53 days. So hang in there

Hi,

My NVC request for an expeditious handling of my petition for my husband was approved!!! I finally got a Case number and IIN number today, as the expedite request was approved before I got my case number. Now I am not sure what to expect next. Based on the email I received from the Expedite department, the Embassy has agreed to expedite the case after the NVC has received all documents and processed all fees. Has anyone ever been through this process or have any information? If so, how long did it take to get a Case complete or an interview scheduled? Even though I know its based on your country's embassy. I could really use the help of my fellow VJers.

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Wow Munny your process was really quick!!! That was super quick processing. Well I havent sent anything out yet because they havent posted my invoice yet, so hopefully by next week they will post the AOS Bill so I can start making the payments. The good thing is I have EVERY SINGLE document prepared and ready to upload. Thanks for your response.

I got my expedite request filed after I had sent documents to NVC and paid all fees. I got it approved on 25th NOV, NVC shipped it out on 27th NOV, embassy received it on 9th december and my online status showed ready. On 11th dec i got email from embassy to go for interview on 15th Dec, On 12th dec did medical and got medical result on 13th dec ready for interview. At times if no fee and document has been sent to NVC embassy allows you to bring in documents original plus copies and pay fees on the interview date. But guess varies from one to another. All the best. Get everything ready Asap!

Timeline

Hey PatnJac did it take 53 days to get an interview scheduled or 53 days to get a Case Complete? I really hope it won't be that long, but I am being patient as I just sent in my I-130 October 1st and got my expedite approved by USCIS and NVC so I consider myself very lucky!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was expedited as well. I was approved after my case number was assigned. I did not send any documents to NVC. I would say not to pay any fees until you receive notice from the embassy. The embassy does not charge the AOS fee and IV fee will be paid at the interview. You will carry all your documents with you to the interview or you can send them ahead of time. The embassy will provide you with instructions in an email on what to do. Check CEAC and if it shows your case is at the embassy you can send them an email to ask for an appointment letter.

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know how much are the fees during the interview of cr-1 expedite? I skip fees during nvc stage and do still pay for affidavit of support?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.