iamgemini18

I sent AOS package rejected please help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed my aos package last oct 24 and they rejected it coz of incorrect fee... I resubmit it again and i just cant believe they rejected it again for same reason...

I called them and the customer representative said that i have to file i-485 for each of us my mistake... And filed separate fees for each of us...

I used money order for payment... My question is do i have to get new money orders... Aos for k1 is 1070 but my money orders only 500's so i have 3 money orders... And 2 money orders for each of my kids... I am not resubmitting my forms yet.. M so freaking out about this situation im worried that about my status here since our application is rejected... My question is how long after our arrival here should we file our aos?

We been here 4mons now...

If m goin to send my papers this month i will receive a receipt by january but i still dont know what to do... Were limited on money and we dont have savings on our checking account...

I wonder if we use a check from my sister or a friend to payable to DHS... Does it matter to the dhs? M just concern if this gonna work...

We are goin to incash the money order but it will take mostly 30days processed before they issue a refund...

I hope you can give me a helpful advance...

Thank you for reading...

The money orders are supposed to be made out to United States citizenship & immigration services not abbreviated for the exact amount.

Are you sure, I thought cheques etc were made out to Dept of Homeland Security

Definately USCIS. Read the guides on here.

Really, read this, page 5

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

I filed my aos package last oct 24 and they rejected it coz of incorrect fee... I resubmit it again and i just cant believe they rejected it again for same reason...

I called them and the customer representative said that i have to file i-485 for each of us my mistake... And filed separate fees for each of us...

I used money order for payment... My question is do i have to get new money orders... Aos for k1 is 1070 but my money orders only 500's so i have 3 money orders... And 2 money orders for each of my kids... I am not resubmitting my forms yet.. M so freaking out about this situation im worried that about my status here since our application is rejected... My question is how long after our arrival here should we file our aos?

We been here 4mons now...

If m goin to send my papers this month i will receive a receipt by january but i still dont know what to do... Were limited on money and we dont have savings on our checking account...

I wonder if we use a check from my sister or a friend to payable to DHS... Does it matter to the dhs? M just concern if this gonna work...

We are goin to incash the money order but it will take mostly 30days processed before they issue a refund...

I hope you can give me a helpful advance...

Thank you for reading...

First, the check or money order must be made payable to "U. S. Department of Homeland Security" per the instructions on page 5. Second, the fee for the AOS is $985 PLUS $85 for the bio metric fee for each person between the ages of 14 and 78. If your kids are above 14 then your fee is $985 + 3* $85 or $1240.00 for the three of you. If any of your children are under 14 then you file a seperate I-485 in the same envelope and include their fee of $635 plus your fee of $1070 plus the second kid's fee of $85 for a grand total of $1790.00. If both kids are under 14 then you get hit with filing two seperate forms plus your own and paying 2*$635 + $1070 or $2340.00.

The fee depends on the age of your children--14 and above or under 14.

Good luck,

Dave

First, the check or money order must be made payable to "U. S. Department of Homeland Security" per the instructions on page 5. Second, the fee for the AOS is $985 PLUS $85 for the bio metric fee for each person between the ages of 14 and 78. If your kids are above 14 then your fee is $985 + 3* $85 or $1240.00 for the three of you. If any of your children are under 14 then you file a seperate I-485 in the same envelope and include their fee of $635 plus your fee of $1070 plus the second kid's fee of $85 for a grand total of $1790.00. If both kids are under 14 then you get hit with filing two seperate forms plus your own and paying 2*$635 + $1070 or $2340.00.

The fee depends on the age of your children--14 and above or under 14.

Good luck,

Dave

Almost. Unless I am misunderstanding your math, the fee for 3 people above the age of 14 is ($985 + $85) * 3 or $3210.

The filing fee for people between the age of 14 and 78 is a total of $1070 per person, which is $985 plus the $85 biometrics fee. It is not one fee of $985 and then you just pay the biometrics fee for each person. EACH person pays the $985 filing fee plus $85 biometrics fee for a total of $1070.

The fee for children under 14 is $635 and no biometrics fee is needed. You are correct with your fees regarding if both children are under 14.

Reference the special instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey don't worry about your status. You can file for AOS after 1 month of being here or after a little bit more. Sometimes things happens.

But why not use checks???? You could order checks from your checking account from your bank and it's the easiest way.

Then 1 check for I-130 another for I-485 with biometrcis fee added.

We ordered new checks when we opened our joint account that way it says our both names and address. (

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

We ddnt have a check at the time we processed...it will take 3weeks to order a check on his bank for some reason...

Anyways its not easy to get a refund for money orders it will take 30-65days before they mail the refund... So im wondering if is it matter i wrote the money orders payable to "U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND AND SECURITY...

Do you think theres a problem with that or i can still use them but i just have to separate the money orders with each i-485 application...

2 (500) and 1(70) thAt makes 1,070 for mine 1(500) and 1(135) total 635 for each child...

Thats only thing i can think of...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We ddnt have a check at the time we processed...it will take 3weeks to order a check on his bank for some reason...

Anyways its not easy to get a refund for money orders it will take 30-65days before they mail the refund... So im wondering if is it matter i wrote the money orders payable to "U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND AND SECURITY...

Do you think theres a problem with that or i can still use them but i just have to separate the money orders with each i-485 application...

2 (500) and 1(70) thAt makes 1,070 for mine 1(500) and 1(135) total 635 for each child...

Thats only thing i can think of...

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND AND SECURITY is not the same as U. S. Department of Homeland Security.

It needs to be made to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Timeline

Also since m filling up form i-485 for my kids... Do i have to send passport picture as well?

And since my kids cant sign the form... Should i sign it?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you have the back of the money order you go back to currency exchange or where you bought and cash it in. I do it all the time. You're in the US unless he is with a Credit Union it does not take that long for checks to be received. Also, only if there is a problem with the money order; it would take 30-60days not if you bought the money order. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

it is "US Department OF Homeland Security". NOT US Department OF Homeland AND Security. READ

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

you have to read the instructions of every forms you send, it is clear.

It is not normal lost all this time for something so clear, it is writting, use a check, if you have to wait wait, and do correctly.

you will not have problem after.

Just send like they want, read et write the check like they say in the instruction.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.