thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got similarly informed reg. My case today from an immigr. Officer however she said it could take 30 days. On the other hand, she was psychotic -insisting I spoke with her yesterday and she had that in her computer. I had no contact with anyone there since last week and never spoke with her before. She's a very bad liar. I don't believe anything she told me.

It does appear that my 9/19 approval has been changed to 1/9/15 though.

Can't say whether that's good or bad at this point.

Could this all just be a big coverup for some egregious errors made by CSC? Will we ever know the truth?

Maybe need to foia it in 10 years if I live that long. Not sure, what with the stress and sleeploss considered. Hehe..

What percentage of USCIS officers are competent?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You mean to tell me, after months and months of waiting, USCIS DENIED your petition?! Seriously?! I read elsewhere on this site the vast majority are approved...the more I learn, the less I know.

It means you need to call USCIS, demand to speak to a Tier 2 officer and raise high holy hell.

Unless, of course, your petition was initially denied and you filed an appeal. But I don't recall you having said as much.

Well thats whats confusing me. i emails the CSC asking why my stuff wasnt sent to the nvc, i got on email saying "approved 9th Jan 2015, please check notification for how to process travel visa"

So i went to the uscis check site and rtyped in receipt number it had the successful noa2 screen but date changed from nov 3 to jan 9th, then i got another email from CSC followup saying my petition was being sent to nvc and to allow 35 days for delivery. but shed also conteact them asking for them to find it.

the third email was to her not me, and said what i wrote above about an appeal dismissal which is odd cause no one asked for an appeal and even if they did and it was dismissed it'd still be an approved petition

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well thats whats confusing me. i emails the CSC asking why my stuff wasnt sent to the nvc, i got on email saying "approved 9th Jan 2015, please check notification for how to process travel visa"

So i went to the uscis check site and rtyped in receipt number it had the successful noa2 screen but date changed from nov 3 to jan 9th, then i got another email from CSC followup saying my petition was being sent to nvc and to allow 35 days for delivery. but shed also conteact them asking for them to find it.

the third email was to her not me, and said what i wrote above about an appeal dismissal which is odd cause no one asked for an appeal and even if they did and it was dismissed it'd still be an approved petition

So is that your actual receipt #? The one you got an e-mail about? It's probably too late to fix, but you probably should a mod to "X" out some of the info there. Better safe than sorry.

Was hopeful that NVC would have my case by now as others who were told case was sent December 15th had case reach NVC yesterday. Called NVC today and NVC still doesn't have case. 3 months since NOA2 will be next week.

I'm sorry. I really thought a few of us were "together". And you haven't been notified about a new NOA2 date like some others have?

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

So is that your actual receipt #? The one you got an e-mail about? It's probably too late to fix, but you probably should a mod to "X" out some of the info there. Better safe than sorry.

I'm sorry. I really thought a few of us were "together". And you haven't been notified about a new NOA2 date like some others have?

yeah ive reported it

do you think the third email is anything bad or should i keep my eyes pealed for a new noa2 through the mail?

maybe thw third email is a error geenrated by her ringing them up?

also is anyone else having issues ringing nvc? its not doing rwhat it used to

Edited by -PiLoT-

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Post containing personal information removed along with posts quoting. Posts minus the said information returned below.**

we jusy got a third email this time sent to her (petitioner)

Your appeal was dismissed and the original decision on your case, Receipt Number number removed - VJ Moderation, remains the same. On January 13, 2015, we sent you a notice about this action. If you do not receive your notice by February 12, 2015, please contact the appellate authority directly. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

whats this mean?

You mean to tell me, after months and months of waiting, USCIS DENIED your petition?! Seriously?! I read elsewhere on this site the vast majority are approved...the more I learn, the less I know.

It means you need to call USCIS, demand to speak to a Tier 2 officer and raise high holy hell.

Unless, of course, your petition was initially denied and you filed an appeal. But I don't recall you having said as much.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

yeah ive reported it

do you think the third email is anything bad or should i keep my eyes pealed for a new noa2 through the mail?

maybe thw third email is a error geenrated by her ringing them up?

also is anyone else having issues ringing nvc? its not doing rwhat it used to

In regards to USCIS and that strange e-mail, I'm guessing it is just a system thing. I really doubt your application was rejected. I know others have received rejection notiication e-mails after their NOA2, and those notifications turned out to be wrong.

As for NVC, yeah, they changed their phone system Monday. Instead of getting a busy signal, I just got disconnected. You just have to continue redialing like before. The menu has also changed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I got a NVC case #, less than a day after arrival at the nvc. Woohoo congressman!

NOA1: April 17th 2014, Case at TSCAugust 10th Case transferred to CSC to "speed up processing" this turns out to be a horrible joke.NOA2: September 17 2014 case "forwarded to the NVC". all liesNovember 24th 2014, case not yet arrived at NVC. I call USCIS and learn that my case never left the CSC. I request an expedite from a Tier 2 call center agent.November 25th 2014 I receive an email from the CSC stating that my case is being retrieved from the records center and to allow 30 days.December 17th, 2014. My case is "resent" from the CSC to the NVC.January 12th, 2015. I call USCIS and ask where my case it. I find out it didn't actually leave the building until January 5th.January 13th, 2015. My case arrives at the NVC. January 14th, 2015 I receive my NVC case number.January 21st, 2015 CEAC Status: In Transit!January 26th 2015, At Stockholm Embassy<p>March 12th, 2015 Interview...complete!

Timeline

I got a NVC case #, less than a day after arrival at the nvc. Woohoo congressman!

Did your congressman's office give you the case #? I called NVC a moment ago and was told their office is closed today. Bad weather up there in New England today?

Timeline

Did your congressman's office give you the case #? I called NVC a moment ago and was told their office is closed today. Bad weather up there in New England today?

said that to me too. keep trying and youll get through eventually

Timeline

said that to me too. keep trying and youll get through eventually

Ok, thanks for the info.

Nvc can be close today is not a holiday!

Government offices here in DC are sometimes closed during bad snowstorms. Doesn't look like Portsmouth, NH has that today though. Thanks to -Pilot-'s info,. I will keep on calling...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So just the usual clusterfuck then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.