thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I got an e-mail from my congresswoman's office today- finally. This is what NVC just sent them:

"This is a follow-up to your email dated November 5, 2014 [bold is mine]. We reached out to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding the current location and status of receipt number SRCxxxxx. According to USCIS, this case was forwarded to the National Visa Center on January 5, 2015.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to your office or to your constituent. "

I wonder if my congresswoman's office even reached out to USCIS or just NVC. If my case hadn't yet reached NVC, I'd be tempted to write back and ask, "So did you do anything else on my case after November 5th?" They didn't even tell me they had contacted NVC when I followed up with them a couple times in December.

No regrets not voting for her last November...

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So just the usual clusterfuck then.

Sounds like it but im gonna have the lady speak to the USCIS and see if they can answer if its just a muckup of something which resulted in a fake or erronious notification or something has actualyl bee actioned

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Did your congressman's office give you the case #? I called NVC a moment ago and was told their office is closed today. Bad weather up there in New England today?

I just called the normal number, no issues. Weather was fine up here today.

NOA1: April 17th 2014, Case at TSCAugust 10th Case transferred to CSC to "speed up processing" this turns out to be a horrible joke.NOA2: September 17 2014 case "forwarded to the NVC". all liesNovember 24th 2014, case not yet arrived at NVC. I call USCIS and learn that my case never left the CSC. I request an expedite from a Tier 2 call center agent.November 25th 2014 I receive an email from the CSC stating that my case is being retrieved from the records center and to allow 30 days.December 17th, 2014. My case is "resent" from the CSC to the NVC.January 12th, 2015. I call USCIS and ask where my case it. I find out it didn't actually leave the building until January 5th.January 13th, 2015. My case arrives at the NVC. January 14th, 2015 I receive my NVC case number.January 21st, 2015 CEAC Status: In Transit!January 26th 2015, At Stockholm Embassy<p>March 12th, 2015 Interview...complete!

Timeline

I just called the normal number, no issues. Weather was fine up here today.

Yeah, I think it was just something wrong with their phone system. Got through a moment ago. Have a case # now. Such a relief.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yeah, I think it was just something wrong with their phone system. Got through a moment ago. Have a case # now. Such a relief.

Great, make sure you contact the embassy and let them know the situation. My embassy requires a packet of evidence in order for them to re validate the petition.

NOA1: April 17th 2014, Case at TSCAugust 10th Case transferred to CSC to "speed up processing" this turns out to be a horrible joke.NOA2: September 17 2014 case "forwarded to the NVC". all liesNovember 24th 2014, case not yet arrived at NVC. I call USCIS and learn that my case never left the CSC. I request an expedite from a Tier 2 call center agent.November 25th 2014 I receive an email from the CSC stating that my case is being retrieved from the records center and to allow 30 days.December 17th, 2014. My case is "resent" from the CSC to the NVC.January 12th, 2015. I call USCIS and ask where my case it. I find out it didn't actually leave the building until January 5th.January 13th, 2015. My case arrives at the NVC. January 14th, 2015 I receive my NVC case number.January 21st, 2015 CEAC Status: In Transit!January 26th 2015, At Stockholm Embassy<p>March 12th, 2015 Interview...complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This news makes my heart sing.

Timeline

OK

Phone attempt 1:

Fiancee is heavily phoneaphobic. so kinda just say yeah its weord but we have an appeals dismissal notice but we didnt file for one.

he then essentially said "yeah that is weird, keep an eye on that"

phone attempt 2:

This time i rang found out if you know the menus u can pres the buttons while the guy is talking to get through menus faster

spoke to miguel. he saud he doesnt know why we have dismissal notes but he would pass us through to tier 2 but would do so if we rang back in half an hour (it was half 5)

phone attemtp 3,

woman explained it was probably a glitch but shed forward us to tier 2 anyway, after being put through in the queue, realised im on a mobile phone and 300 minutes queues take a lot of cash

4th one was faincee being told they close

well try again tonight

Filed: Timeline

some good news here...

NVC received our case yesterday, however the agent told me to allow 42 days before assigning a case number !?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

That's great news for wiss and bow. I am still hoping my case is somewhere in that shipment. NVC didn't have it as of this morning. I'm becoming a bit delirious. Lol. Exhaustion is setting in but I will remain semi optimistic for another week or two.

Timeline

some good news here...

NVC received our case yesterday, however the agent told me to allow 42 days before assigning a case number !?

That's their standard answer. You should have a case number tomorrow or Friday.

Edit: and of course- congrats!!

Edited by usmsbow

Timeline

ok update, we know have two noa 2s and an appeals dismissal no one asked for in the first place

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.