thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How many people on VJ are having this problem still?

CSC approved cases:

Me

Wiss7

TS2014

townbizz (fill out a timeline please!)

lopezma269 (but he hasn't been online since December 17th)

aspec

PEGG

jjsmol

-Pillot-

mwh710

jenn2198

jward1966

kaka26

Tuktawiparat

And yamenwaad having the unpleasant distinction of being the sole TSC case in this situation.

15 people! On this board alone. What a mess.

still waiting as well everything is idle so far my senator suppose to be looking into it this week im patiently waiting for any news 76 days so far

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

How many people on VJ are having this problem still?

CSC approved cases:

Me

Wiss7

TS2014

townbizz (fill out a timeline please!)

lopezma269 (but he hasn't been online since December 17th)

aspec

PEGG

jjsmol

-Pillot-

mwh710

jenn2198

jward1966

kaka26

Tuktawiparat

And yamenwaad having the unpleasant distinction of being the sole TSC case in this situation.

15 people! On this board alone. What a mess.

Two more I forgot:

rorysspeed

mwh710

So 17. Giddy up.

And maybe SumanLama, but s/he hasn't been online since early December.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Timeline

Two more I forgot:

rorysspeed

mwh710

So 17. Giddy up.

And maybe SumanLama, but s/he hasn't been online since early December.

You can add me to the list too.

One more for the infamous uscis f'up. Sent to NRC by "mistake" (highly doubtful). And now in never never land. Where o' where is my K1packet?

NOA 2 9/21/14.

I would love to see some heads roll for this "inconvenience " as the call center says.....

Edited by mechai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

to be honest with you guys

NVC doesn't care at all, they used to proceed most of the files in time and to keep some of them just to make them vanish

no one at all knows where our file is, no one :cry:

Timeline

You can add me to the list too.

One more for the infamous uscis f'up. Sent to NRC by "mistake" (highly doubtful). And now in never never land. Where o' where is my K1packet?

NOA 2 9/21/14.

I would love to see some heads roll for this "inconvenience " as the call center says.....

Welcome to VJ! Sorry this f'up is the inspiration for you coming here (I'm guessing).

If there are 18 of us on VJ alone, can you imagine how many people total have this problem? In the low hundreds maybe? Crazy.

Timeline

I was told I have to give 3 more weeks for USCIS case to be recieved by NVC. The wait continues. 11+ weeks since NOA2. I don't understand how things are so messed up in shipping an approved file.

Please don't imitate USCIS and give incomplete answers ;)

Who told you that? USCIS? Via e-mail? Phone? Snail mail?

I suppose it doesn't matter at this stage since we're basically all dependent on USCIS getting its act together, but it helps knowing who is providing the BS and how.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I want to share my experience but I'm not good in English. Please don't mind me

I got NOA2 on 16 September

I have been waiting for case number and doing every suggestion form you guys.

I got to ask the help from congresswoman. A lady who help us to call USICS in Califonia what is happen to our case. And she found out our case was NRC.

On 8Jan,2015 I got Amended notice update from website, my fiancé mail, and a lady who help us from congresswoman.

...Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Acceptance

On January 8, 2015, we sent you an amended notice describing how we will process your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), Receipt Number SRC1490214032. It is being processed at our California Service Center location. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your amended notice by February 7, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I don't know if it can help anyone. I will keep posting and sharing.

Have a nice day guys.

Timeline

I want to share my experience but I'm not good in English. Please don't mind me

I got NOA2 on 16 September

I have been waiting for case number and doing every suggestion form you guys.

I got to ask the help from congresswoman. A lady who help us to call USICS in Califonia what is happen to our case. And she found out our case was NRC.

On 8Jan,2015 I got Amended notice update from website, my fiancé mail, and a lady who help us from congresswoman.

...Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Acceptance

On January 8, 2015, we sent you an amended notice describing how we will process your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), Receipt Number SRC1490214032. It is being processed at our California Service Center location. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your amended notice by February 7, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I don't know if it can help anyone. I will keep posting and sharing.

Have a nice day guys.

Thank you for the info. It sounds like you have made some progress and received a new NOA2.

Timeline

I just wrote up this e-mail, which I plan to send on 1/16 to CSC and SCOPSSCATA. I'm debating if I should CC Donald Neufeld, who oversees all the Service centers.

Officer McClellan,
Unfortunately I do not have faith in your answer. Your previous replies have turned out to be incorrect.
On November 26th, you wrote:
"The file has been requested; allow 10 days for receipt."
It has now been more than 45 days.
On December 15th, you wrote:
"The petition has been forwarded to the National Visa center (NVC); allow 30 days for NVC to have the petition on their system."
And on December 29th, you also wrote:
"The petition was forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC) December 15, 2014; allow 30 days for NVC to have petition on system."
It has now been more than 30 days. Given that fact along with the letter sent from CSC on 12/22 stating (bold is mine), "This case will be forwarded to the National Visa Center soon" and it makes me wonder if my case has even been sent to NVC.
In addition, the Tier 2 people I've spoken to this month do not know the status was with my case, and have advised me to follow the advice of the letter and give it 90 days until my file reached the NVC. My info pass meeting at the local field office here in the DC area on January 12th resulted in the same response. While obviously they are not directly connected to the CSC, they rely on info your center provides. Clearly CSC is not providing sufficient information even internally.
It has now been over 4 months since my I-129f petition for a K-1 visa was approved by your center. I have waited almost as long for CSC to send my file to NVC as I did for approval. My approval expired on January 9th. This is just not acceptable.
--------------------------
Any editorial advice is welcome! Who knows, maybe a week from today NVC will have my case and I won't have to send this. (ha, yeah, who am I kidding?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The one at congresswoman said like that. The petition will now be routed to its rightful destination at NVC via UPS next-day-delivery. I wish it could not take so long make this process done.

Yours might get back to California USICS also, I believe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys

we're about 20 couples here

we need to stop venting and do something

NVC and USCIS are giving us a hard time and we must give them something in return.

we have tried different ways to have an answer and all of them have gone with the wind, so I was thinking to be pugnacious and to talk to the press and TV, we have to spot some light on their way of work and to make them a little bit aware about our demands.

believe me it's better than sitting around and just waiting around for their mercy.

who can join this campaign?

I just wrote up this e-mail, which I plan to send on 1/16 to CSC and SCOPSSCATA. I'm debating if I should CC Donald Neufeld, who oversees all the Service centers.

Officer McClellan,

Unfortunately I do not have faith in your answer. Your previous replies have turned out to be incorrect.

On November 26th, you wrote:

"The file has been requested; allow 10 days for receipt."

It has now been more than 45 days.

On December 15th, you wrote:

"The petition has been forwarded to the National Visa center (NVC); allow 30 days for NVC to have the petition on their system."

And on December 29th, you also wrote:

"The petition was forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC) December 15, 2014; allow 30 days for NVC to have petition on system."

It has now been more than 30 days. Given that fact along with the letter sent from CSC on 12/22 stating (bold is mine), "This case will be forwarded to the National Visa Center soon" and it makes me wonder if my case has even been sent to NVC.

In addition, the Tier 2 people I've spoken to this month do not know the status was with my case, and have advised me to follow the advice of the letter and give it 90 days until my file reached the NVC. My info pass meeting at the local field office here in the DC area on January 12th resulted in the same response. While obviously they are not directly connected to the CSC, they rely on info your center provides. Clearly CSC is not providing sufficient information even internally.

It has now been over 4 months since my I-129f petition for a K-1 visa was approved by your center. I have waited almost as long for CSC to send my file to NVC as I did for approval. My approval expired on January 9th. This is just not acceptable.

--------------------------

Any editorial advice is welcome! Who knows, maybe a week from today NVC will have my case and I won't have to send this. (ha, yeah, who am I kidding?)

I'm in the same boat. Done most of that too. You're a better diplomat than me. If I wrote the same story, every 3rd word would consist of special characters. Good job! ;-)

Seriously now...Does anyone have a definitive explanation of the expiration date on these I-797s? Not just speculation.

Which reminds me, maybe a speculoscopy into the orifices at the USCIS is what I need to perform in order to locate our files and get some answers. But I don't think I could obtain enough golytely colon cleanser to go around, given the quantity of impacted colons I have encountered through their CSC. In fact, I now believe CSC must mean something other than customer SERVICE center. Any guesses ?

Hi guys

we're about 20 couples here

we need to stop venting and do something

NVC and USCIS are giving us a hard time and we must give them something in return.

we have tried different ways to have an answer and all of them have gone with the wind, so I was thinking to be pugnacious and to talk to the press and TV, we have to spot some light on their way of work and to make them a little bit aware about our demands.

believe me it's better than sitting around and just waiting around for their mercy.

who can join this campaign?

I'm with you....

And maybe a class action lawsuit for gross negligence too...

"What is the heaviest known element"?

That's right....ADMINISTRATIUM!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.