idaliris

Please I need help

14 posts in this topic

I a US citizen goes to his country and marry his fiancé, and she comes here because she has a Tourist Visa, can they adjust status? or is it better for her to go back and stay until she gets CR1?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

That would be immigration fraud.

USC must file for a K-1 visa and bring fiancée here to get married or get married then USC files for spouse visa.

But you can't plan on coming here and staying with tourist visa

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

She has been having tourist visa for 10 years. They met and got married in their country.

They got married in their country but also she came here and got married here as well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well if they are married already then they have to take CR1 path.

She can come visit while the process is going on but can't move/stay

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

K-1 visa would be a wiser option in my opinion. Marrying in Tourist visa and adjusting status is not considered visa fraud unless the immigrant had an intent to marry in the US with Tourist visa.

K-1 visa would be a wiser option in my opinion. Marrying in Tourist visa and adjusting status is not considered visa fraud unless the immigrant had an intent to marry in the US with Tourist visa.

They are married already.

Well if they are married already then they have to take CR1 path.

She can come visit while the process is going on but can't move/stay

Thank you for your advice linda

Timeline

You are welcome!! :) wish them good luck and congrats on the marriage

y59om4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to What Visa Do I Need Forum~

~Inquiry about family visas~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

They got married in their country but also she came here and got married here as well

Why? Married is married. there was zero need to get married twice unless you are just having a ceremony for family.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They are already married so they cannot file for a K-1 visa. And it is not fraud to enter the US with a tourist visa with the intent to marry. You are allowed to marry in the US on a tourist visa. It is fraud to plan to enter the US with a tourist visa with the intent to get married and stay and file for AOS.

They are married already.

They are married already, so they should file an I-130 to get the spousal visa (CR-1) process started > http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

And it is not fraud to enter the US with a tourist visa with the intent to marry. You are allowed to marry in the US on a tourist visa. It is fraud to plan to enter the US with a tourist visa with the intent to get married and stay and file for AOS.

True, if not filing for AOS it's not fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just too give you an idea about what you may be looking at. We did a K-1 Visa in/for Russia. It took 4.5 months after submitting the paper work. Other Russian ladies who got married in Russia had too file a K-3 visa. They waited 1.5 years too be approved. Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.