mel143

Received call from uscis

26 posts in this topic

Hello I have a naturalization interview on december 1,2014 but yesterday afternoon I received a voicemail from the number 234567890 and the guy name frank horizon from USCIS said that my interview on monday december 1 is postpone. Do you think this is real call from uscis or a scam because the number is 234567890 i tried to call back at that number but it was disconnected

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello I have a naturalization interview on december 1,2014 but yesterday afternoon I received a voicemail from the number 234567890 and the guy name frank horizon from USCIS said that my interview on monday december 1 is postpone. Do you think this is real call from uscis or a scam because the number is 234567890 i tried to call back at that number but it was disconnected

That seems strange- both the number and call to postpone. Did he give you the new interview date? When is your interview on Monday? Will you have time to call their office first to confirm your interview is really postponed or is your interview right after the office opens? It would be really bad to miss the interview, so I would plan to go until you can confirm it's really postponed.

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from CRBA to US Citizenship as Op is talking about Naturalisation ******

Op, when you google that number, it comes up a lot as a potential scam number. See here: http://www.tellows.com/num/234567890 and also here: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/234567890

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

That seems strange- both the number and call to postpone. Did he give you the new interview date? When is your interview on Monday? Will you have time to call their office first to confirm your interview is really postponed or is your interview right after the office opens? It would be really bad to miss the interview, so I would plan to go until you can confirm it's really postponed.

thank you for reply

my interview is on Monday December 1,2014 8:00 am, the guy told me in the voicemail they will sent a new interview date by mail, I will going to call uscis today

***** Moving from CRBA to US Citizenship as Op is talking about Naturalisation ******

Op, when you google that number, it comes up a lot as a potential scam number. See here: http://www.tellows.com/num/234567890 and also here: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/234567890

yes your right I google this number too, I will going to call uscis today because my interview is on Monday 8:00 am. thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This does sound strange, but I think it's very unlikely that a scammer knew that you had an interview on December 1st and that it would in any way benefit him if you missed it. I thonk you should go to the interview, but be prepared that it may not take place. If it is in fact postponed, maybe you can find out the new date on Monday.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Bogus number that is not in service. the fact that USCIS NEVER calls anyone...how could you seriously think it is NOT a scam?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't understand what the scam would be. The USCIS does call people when they scheduled oaths on short notice. The letter was waiting for these people at the oath ceremony. If they had to postpone the interview, they would have to call because the interview is on Monday and they wouln't be able to get a letter out in time. The phone number that it came from isn't necessarily suspect. It is 234567890. This may be something that your phone carried uses as a defaulted blocked number. I find it unlikely that the local USCIS office would not have a blocked number. They don't want any direct numbers published anywhere as they would be bombarded with calls.

I would say with 99.9% certainty that the interview is being rescueduled and this is NOT a scam. However, depending on how far the local office is, I would go ahead and go. If the office is a several hours drive, I would perhaps not go. If the rescheduled notice doesn't show up, go ahead and write a letter to the address on the original interview notice.

Also, did your online status change? Have you checked?

Bogus number that is not in service. the fact that USCIS NEVER calls anyone...how could you seriously think it is NOT a scam?

But the guy knows my number my interview schedule and time

I don't understand what the scam would be. The USCIS does call people when they scheduled oaths on short notice. The letter was waiting for these people at the oath ceremony. If they had to postpone the interview, they would have to call because the interview is on Monday and they wouln't be able to get a letter out in time. The phone number that it came from isn't necessarily suspect. It is 234567890. This may be something that your phone carried uses as a defaulted blocked number. I find it unlikely that the local USCIS office would not have a blocked number. They don't want any direct numbers published anywhere as they would be bombarded with calls.

I would say with 99.9% certainty that the interview is being rescueduled and this is NOT a scam. However, depending on how far the local office is, I would go ahead and go. If the office is a several hours drive, I would perhaps not go. If the rescheduled notice doesn't show up, go ahead and write a letter to the address on the original interview notice.

Also, did your online status change? Have you checked?

Thank you for reply my online status did not chang maybe your correct because he knows my phone number and my interview time and schedule

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The only logical thing to do is go to the interview as if you had never gotten the call. The worst that can happen is the call was not bogus and the interview does not happen. If you don't go, the worst that can happen... you don't even want to think about! Minimize the downside. Furthermore, if you are there, they MAY just interview you just because you are there.

USCIS definitely DO call, and DO leave call back numbers. Last year when I was waiting for my interview, I recieved a call, with a call back number, to move things UP. Maybe they are more secretive when delaying things, but that number got me direct to the desk of the agent who interviewed me.

I still have to find a way to get that young man a good bottle of Port!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I still have to find a way to get that young man a good bottle of Port!

dropbox at the local office, just past the guard's desk.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'd still show up cuz I'm pretty sure you already planned everything for that interview.

If there is missing something and it was really postponed you can find out the reason first hand and might produce the evidence right there and still go through interview.

1_2v7_1279ff.png

Filed: Timeline

USCIS deos call ppl on rare occasions when ever there is a postponement & not enough

time to send out mail......do they have your email address? ....they have a smaller staff

due to the holiday wkend , also when USCIS or DOS calls the # does not allow you to call

back unless they left U a specific #....I cant see a scam , unless its a prank from a person

who knows U....for peace of mine U can still show up Monday ig U want to

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would definitely go to the interview. I don't know how they got your details, but if it is a scam, it probably works by calling you after missing your interview and offering some type of "service" to help get you back on track for your visa process after paying them a fee. If you've logged into your account online to check your status you may have some type of spyware on your computer and that's how they got your information. I don't know. This is all speculative, but the call sounds suspicious. So go to the interview no matter how far away it is. Worst case you let the embassy know there is a scam going around which they should know about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.