stev

Montreal now only consulate processing K-1 in Canada

129 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats! how did you receive it? post mail? email?

By regular mail. Our NOA 2 was Nov 10 and I received packet 3 on Dec 9 so a month of waiting. You're up soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

How did you learnt of your NVC number? Lol.. I sent email last Friday and no reply yet.

Is my online case status gonna change during NVC? Or there's nothing until I am assigned a case number from NVC?

If you tried calling, when is the best time? Vancouver time? Thank you!!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

How did you learnt of your NVC number? Lol.. I sent email last Friday and no reply yet.

Is my online case status gonna change during NVC? Or there's nothing until I am assigned a case number from NVC?

If you tried calling, when is the best time? Vancouver time? Thank you!!!

My fiance called the NVC directly to get our case number. He usually called around mid-day here in Vancouver and managed to get through quite quickly. There will be no update on the USCIS website after NOA2 is issued. Once you get a case number, you can track your case on ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx. Hope this helps!

Timeline

My fiance called the NVC directly to get our case number. He usually called around mid-day here in Vancouver and managed to get through quite quickly. There will be no update on the USCIS website after NOA2 is issued. Once you get a case number, you can track your case on ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx. Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Goodluck on your interview :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Hello fellow Western Canadians!

We just received our new case number from NVC and it is a VAC# so that means Vancouver. I am in Calgary just for reference sakes.

I would say that stev's file simply went to the wrong embassy from the NVC center initially. I have not heard of another case being sent to Montreal when they resided in the western provinces.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow Western Canadians!

We just received our new case number from NVC and it is a VAC# so that means Vancouver. I am in Calgary just for reference sakes.

I would say that stev's file simply went to the wrong embassy from the NVC center initially. I have not heard of another case being sent to Montreal when they resided in the western provinces.

in the 10+ yrs I have been on VJ, it has happened numerous times........and it will happen again...........

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

in the 10+ yrs I have been on VJ, it has happened numerous times........and it will happen again...........

That is a shame! Too bad they couldn't just change it to the city where they live close to!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is a shame! Too bad they couldn't just change it to the city where they live close to!

In the other cases that I have read on here..they do send it to Vancouver...first 1 where I have read where they hadn't.....and if they pushed..probbaly could have..but they got a super quick interview date in Mtl....so no real reason to I rather

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I didn't have the chance to call NVC but my fiance received the letter yesterday with a case number and informing us that our case is sent to Vancouver Embassy. Our file number starts with VAC, and the interview location says Vancouver too :)

I am so happy :)

Merry Christmas everyone! God bless..

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Timeline

:( I checked my statust online and it says:

Case Creation Date: 15-Dec-2014 Status Updated Date: 22-Dec-2014
Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html
What should I do now? My interview is in Montreal. :(

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

:( I checked my statust online and it says:

Case Creation Date: 15-Dec-2014 Status Updated Date: 22-Dec-2014

Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

What should I do now? My interview is in Montreal. :(

Don't worry about that as we booked our interview today for Vancouver. Mine said the exact same thing. When you go to book the interview you get to pick Vancouver.

The Lord is with you! All is well!

Timeline

Don't worry about that as we booked our interview today for Vancouver. Mine said the exact same thing. When you go to book the interview you get to pick Vancouver.

The Lord is with you! All is well!

Thank you for your reply.

How can we book? If we did not receive any request for Packet 3 or Packet 4 yet?

I should have waited for your reply. I just sent an email to USA Embassy in Vancouver, a minute ago.

God bless :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

We just emailed packet 3 and within a few hours we were emailed instructions for the interview ( packet 4 )you do not have to wait to receive it in the mail.

Just download the packet 3 from visa journey for Vancouver. Go to the state website and fill out DS-160. Print out the confirmation form. Sent that and the checklist from packet 3 to vancouverk@state.gov which U.S. there email. Then they will sent you the packet 4 info if you ask them to email it to you.

Merry Christmas!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.