stev

Montreal now only consulate processing K-1 in Canada

129 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is no news on the Vancouver consulate website either. I'm thinking someone answering emails from Montreal is new and doesn't have the right information and Stev's case was mis-directed in the first place to Montreal but time will reveal all! It will definitely be a pain to travel all the way out east as I too am in Calgary. The funny part is that I will be in Montreal next week for a meeting and it would have been a blessing to be able to do the interview there if it is true that all k-1 visas are done there now.

I am hoping too, that this case was just a mistake. :unsure:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Stev said now that I look more closely that his fiancé talked to NVC and then got an email from Montreal so unless they were both wrong - it doesn't look good. I did hear before that in the past all visas go to Montreal first then they send them to Vancouver but this could be a new development.

charmed2006 - you and I are very close in our dates concerning NVC so we should find out soon enough where we are to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For everyone else's sake, I hope our case is the anomaly and no one else runs into the same issues. If anyone finds out any more info on this or if your in a similar situation please post!

Timeline

Stev said now that I look more closely that his fiancé talked to NVC and then got an email from Montreal so unless they were both wrong - it doesn't look good. I did hear before that in the past all visas go to Montreal first then they send them to Vancouver but this could be a new development.

charmed2006 - you and I are very close in our dates concerning NVC so we should find out soon enough where we are to go.

We will find out soon, maybe Montreal can process K1 visas but we can do the interview in Vancouver :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's not worry. I am already stressed out compiling packet 3. :rofl:

For everyone else's sake, I hope our case is the anomaly and no one else runs into the same issues. If anyone finds out any more info on this or if your in a similar situation please post!

I hope too :) And I hope that it gets rerouted back to Vancouver :)

Keep us posted :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone emailed Vancouver???

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OP did. Don't think they have heard back yet though.

FWIW, I did a timeline search and there is someone recently that was sent to Vancouver. NVC case date 11/20 and sent out on 11/24, consulate says Vancouver.

K1 Vancouver

AOS

4/4/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent

4/6/15- Package received

4/9/15- NOA1- text/email

4/13/15- NOA1 hard copy EAD/AP (NOA1 dated 4/7)

4/14/15- NOA1 hard copy AOS (NOA1 dated 4/7)

4/17/15- Biometrics Letter received

4/29/15- Biometrics completed

6/23/15 (Day 77)- Service request

7/2/15 (Day 86)- Service request complete, email of approval of EAD (approved on June 30)

12/29/15- Interview

Timeline

FWIW, I did a timeline search and there is someone recently that was sent to Vancouver. NVC case date 11/20 and sent out on 11/24, consulate says Vancouver.

Wow! Thanks for the info..

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Timeline

I have a question..

When you received your NOA2, what does it say?

How are we being contacted by our Local Embassy (email or letter)? How do we know the Local Embassy Number assigned to our case?

Thank you for your reply :) and goodluck on your case as you are nearing visa approval :)

Edited by charmed2006

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question..

When you received your NOA2, what does it say?

How are we being contacted by our Local Embassy (email or letter)? How do we know the Local Embassy Number assigned to our case?

Thank you for your reply :) and goodluck on your case as you are nearing visa approval :)

NOA2 lists Vancouver as our consulate. Have you got your hardcopy in the mail yet? Does it say Vancouver?

Stev, if you're still around, does your hardcopy NOA2 say Montreal or Vancouver?

Vancouver sent my fiance a letter with packet 3, though others have just emailed once it said "ready" on the CEAC website. The Vancouver K1 guide says letters are apparently hit or miss, so if we didn't receive one after a couple of weeks, we would have emailed. You can get your embassy case number by calling the NVC (it takes about 2-3 weeks after NOA2 for them to give you a case number). (The NVC case number is what you use to check your status on the CEAC website... also choose immigrant visa).

HTH!

K1 Vancouver

AOS

4/4/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent

4/6/15- Package received

4/9/15- NOA1- text/email

4/13/15- NOA1 hard copy EAD/AP (NOA1 dated 4/7)

4/14/15- NOA1 hard copy AOS (NOA1 dated 4/7)

4/17/15- Biometrics Letter received

4/29/15- Biometrics completed

6/23/15 (Day 77)- Service request

7/2/15 (Day 86)- Service request complete, email of approval of EAD (approved on June 30)

12/29/15- Interview

Timeline

Our NOA2 does not say anything at all about which consulate our case would be sent to. We did email van as well but have not heard back yet. We have also seen other timelines that have nvc dates after ours and say they were sent to van but can anyone verify that, I know I almost forgot to change the consulate on our timeline

Timeline

Our NOA2 does not say anything at all about which consulate our case would be sent to. We did email van as well but have not heard back yet. We have also seen other timelines that have nvc dates after ours and say they were sent to van but can anyone verify that, I know I almost forgot to change the consulate on our timeline

Just got hardcopy of NOA2.

It also did not mention which consulate our file is to be transferred.

It just said, our file is mailed to National Visa Centre and within the next 2-4 weeks, we should receive a letter confirming to which consulate it is forwarded to with a case number.

So i guess, will need to wait for 2-4 weeks to hear from the local embassy.

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Timeline

That's great you got your NOA2! I wouldn't wait for the correspondence from the consulate, I would call the NVC in a week and give them the receipt number on the NOA2 and they will tell you your case number and invoice number. The first three letters of your case number will indicate what consulate it has been sent to.

On another note, we heard back from two couples who got their NOA2 after us and they were both assigned to Vancouver consulate but they both live in Vancouver, not sure if that's the difference? I think they have made a mistake and are not willing to correct it and there is no one we can speak to over the phone and email is not proving successful....

Our NOA2 did not have a consulate assigned to it either. It was approved on Nov 20 so we figure we will call next Monday Dec 1st ( which will be 11 days from NOA2 ) and then a few days after that if we don't get our new number.

stev - it says on the Vancouver US consulate website that Alberta people go thru Vancouver for the k-1 visa interview so maybe a series of emails with a screenshot of the below info might help.

http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/visas/fiance-visas.html

Quote : The U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver processes fiancé(e) (K1) and spouse (K3) applications for citizens of Canada, or applicants who are Canadian permanent residents. Applicants must also be residing in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories. All other applicants in Canada are processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.

Hope this will help out stev! We will believe for your interview to be changed to Vancouver.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's great you got your NOA2! I wouldn't wait for the correspondence from the consulate, I would call the NVC in a week and give them the receipt number on the NOA2 and they will tell you your case number and invoice number. The first three letters of your case number will indicate what consulate it has been sent to.

On another note, we heard back from two couples who got their NOA2 after us and they were both assigned to Vancouver consulate but they both live in Vancouver, not sure if that's the difference? I think they have made a mistake and are not willing to correct it and there is no one we can speak to over the phone and email is not proving successful....

This has happened a lot over the yrs..getting assigned to the wrong consulate.....and people have gotten it straightened out..........Believe they just emailed Mtl--stated they lived in a western province, and Mtl sent the paperwork to Van......

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

This has happened a lot over the yrs..getting assigned to the wrong consulate.....and people have gotten it straightened out..........Believe they just emailed Mtl--stated they lived in a western province, and Mtl sent the paperwork to Van......

We have done exactly that, sent emails to both consulates with the proper subject line and everything and all we recieved back was that email from mtl stating they were the only ones processing k1s. We are going to try to find some other means of contacting them, it's ridiculous that you cannot even talk to a person at this stage in the process, looks like I might have to get my congressman involved at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.