stev

Montreal now only consulate processing K-1 in Canada

129 posts in this topic

Congratulations!

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in Vancouver, about 20 min from the US consulate, but my CEAC status changed to ready today but it says my interview will be in Montreal. Is there any way at all to change this? I know the OP had no luck, but does anyone have any advice?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

CEAC online always says Montreal. Does your case number start with VAC or MTL? If VAC then you are going to Vancouver.

K1 Vancouver

AOS

4/4/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent

4/6/15- Package received

4/9/15- NOA1- text/email

4/13/15- NOA1 hard copy EAD/AP (NOA1 dated 4/7)

4/14/15- NOA1 hard copy AOS (NOA1 dated 4/7)

4/17/15- Biometrics Letter received

4/29/15- Biometrics completed

6/23/15 (Day 77)- Service request

7/2/15 (Day 86)- Service request complete, email of approval of EAD (approved on June 30)

12/29/15- Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

CEAC online always says Montreal. Does your case number start with VAC or MTL? If VAC then you are going to Vancouver.

It starts with VAC. Whew, I was freaking out, I appreciate your response!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

K1 is definitely the right way.

From the ucsis website:

What if my fiancé(e) uses a different kind of visa,or enters as a visitor without visa, to come here so we can marry?
There could be serious problems for your fiancé(e) if he or she enters the United States on another visa with the intention of
marrying and residing here. Attempting to obtain a visa or entering the United States by saying one thing when you intend another
may be considered immigration fraud, for which there are serious penalties. Those penalties include restricting a person’s ability to
obtain immigration benefits, including permanent residence, as well as a possible fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment of up to 5 years.
good luck :thumbs:

Hi Stev,

How many days from interview is your passport ready for pick up?

Thank you for your answer.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I haven't updated VJ with all new info, I'll do that shortly! To answer your question, my passport was ready at the loomis location in Calgary for pick up on Monday jan 26 so 11 days after interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I haven't updated VJ with all new info, I'll do that shortly! To answer your question, my passport was ready at the loomis location in Calgary for pick up on Monday jan 26 so 11 days after interview.

Congrats Stev to the 2 of you. You process went fairly quick. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long for the AOS process but at least you two are married and are together now. Once you receive your conditional GC you can relax for a bit until the ROC process where you will have to submit paperwork all over again but will look back on your K1 journey thinking that it seemed so long ago when you did that. I will be so glad when I receive my permanent residency in the next few months and cannot wait to apply for citizenship later this year...will be so happy to be done with USCIS once and for all.

Again many congrats to you. Glad that everything worked out.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to my interview today and was approved!! Out of this whole stressful k1 visa process, I found the medical and actual interview (minus the waiting) to be the best and most pleasurable part of the experience ! I will submit a full review very soon :)

T

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to my interview today and was approved!! Out of this whole stressful k1 visa process, I found the medical and actual interview (minus the waiting) to be the best and most pleasurable part of the experience ! I will submit a full review very soon :)

T

Congrats!!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.