stev

Montreal now only consulate processing K-1 in Canada

129 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess just need to clear up if Mtl is now the only 1 doing k1's............1 can't always go by the website, as quite often it does not get updated............And if they are ceasing doing k1's in Van.....they may be cutting back, so some still may get lucky for a bit, before they totally close that option down. Hopefuylly someone from Vancouver will reply back. Won't be today as it is a holiday, and many take Friday off as well......................

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i tried calling the consultes today but since it is an american holiday, they are closed. i am going to try back tomorrow and hopefully get some answers and ultimately get our case transfered to vancouver.

as it stands right now, there are no interview times available in montreal which is very discouraging. we need our case to be sent to vancouver so we can get on with this process!

we will let you all know if i can get ahold of the consulates and what they have to say about this.

thanks for all your comments:)

Timeline

Mtl is a very hard consulate to reach anyone...best bet is email......Usually Vancouver is much better at replying to emails, but like I said many Embassy/consulate people will take Friday off to make it a super long weekend, so answering emails may be a lower priority.............

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

You can't call Montreal btw. Email or their online form is best.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

okay i have a minor update for all of you!

i spoke to both montreal (438.793.1947) and vancouver (778.807.9660) consulates today through their info/booking system and the individuals at both consulate gave me the exact same directions so i feel it is reliable. they both said that once i receive packet 4, write an email to the montreal consulate montreal-niv@state.gov and ask for permission to schedule interview in vancouver. if montreal responds and grants me permission, than i can go to the csc site https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/ss_country_welcome and just book the appointment for an interview at the vancouver consulate.

so as much as this does not immediately resolve our problem, it has given us hope that it is a somewhat easy process as long as montreal grants permission.

happy friday everyone:)

stev - I would take that as good news! It appears to be a way out for whoever made the mistake of sending your visa petition to Montreal and it will work! Great job ferreting all that out and I am confident you will have your medical and interview in Vancouver. BTW - beautiful day here in Calgary ...well.. if you are a snowy owl.

Timeline

Thats cool!! As I have said it has happened to many others over the years, and they did exactly that and got it switched.....of course it has to be for a valid reason...and residing in Manitoba and westward is a valid reason. Cheers

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

okay i have a minor update for all of you!

i spoke to both montreal (438.793.1947) and vancouver (778.807.9660) consulates today through their info/booking system and the individuals at both consulate gave me the exact same directions so i feel it is reliable. they both said that once i receive packet 4, write an email to the montreal consulate montreal-niv@state.gov and ask for permission to schedule interview in vancouver. if montreal responds and grants me permission, than i can go to the csc site https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/ss_country_welcome and just book the appointment for an interview at the vancouver consulate.

so as much as this does not immediately resolve our problem, it has given us hope that it is a somewhat easy process as long as montreal grants permission.

happy friday everyone:)

That's good news :)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Oh that's awesome news, hopefully it works. Keep us posted.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are one of the couples referred to as living in Vancouver and being scheduled in Vancouver. Well, it looks like we may possibly be having the same problem as Stev: CEAC update says our case is ready to schedule in Montreal even though our case starts with VAC. We are waiting to see which consulate contacts us and going from there.

Timeline

We are one of the couples referred to as living in Vancouver and being scheduled in Vancouver. Well, it looks like we may possibly be having the same problem as Stev: CEAC update says our case is ready to schedule in Montreal even though our case starts with VAC. We are waiting to see which consulate contacts us and going from there.

We are the other couple that was contacted before and are now in the same position. Just checked CEAC case status and it says case is ready to schedule interview in Montreal even though we have a Vancouver case number. We'll see what consulate contacts as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wanna carpool? haha

In all seriousness, this will be a ridiculous expense for a 10 minute interview if we can't get it switched. Not to mention the lack of appointment dates available in Montreal.

Fingers crossed!!

Timeline

Wanna carpool? haha

In all seriousness, this will be a ridiculous expense for a 10 minute interview if we can't get it switched. Not to mention the lack of appointment dates available in Montreal.

Fingers crossed!!

No kidding! I don't understand why are cases would get sent to Vancouver to only have them forwarded to Montreal for an interview. Hope this gets straightened out soon. Keep me posted!

We are the other couple that was contacted before and are now in the same position. Just checked CEAC case status and it says case is ready to schedule interview in Montreal even though we have a Vancouver case number. We'll see what consulate contacts as well.

Ceac always says that.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.