vkrishn

President's Immigration Fact Sheet

56 posts in this topic

They took it down I think.. its not there...

President only issued executive order to delay the deportation. Means its temp thing to give illegals permission to stay next three years... if Republicans win next election, they will repeal it. Like Obamacare

If you are mad then vote for Republicans... I think majority of the immigrants who came legally are mad at this.. :)

Can't vote yet, dang :D

Sorry, I messed up the link somehow, here it is http://www.uscis.gov/immigrationaction

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Can't vote yet, dang :D

Sorry, I messed up the link somehow, here it is http://www.uscis.gov/immigrationaction

Yap .. its just guideline.. if you read down below USCIS is not accepting any application now :) .. it will take time.. may be some time beginning of the year ...

Yap .. its just guideline.. if you read down below USCIS is not accepting any application now :) .. it will take time.. may be some time beginning of the year ...

Yup, I edited my original post earlier cause I knew someone would get me on that :) I think I was just surprised to see all that information on the USCIS website so soon (and so detailed!).

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Apparently..Only people who are here illegally miss their families and loved ones.

Those who wait for years doing it legally and see their loved ones arrive as adults after having left them behind as babies and children should be understanding..cause they cant walk across the seas like those who can simply walk across the border. And if they wait so long doing it legally and they pass away as is the case with elder family members all too often...who is their to take care of them, console them and make them feel better, and give their family members work,assistance, and financial aide? For those long term VJ members who have read their posts..they are the forgotten. My prayers go out to them because they "Had" to follow the law..seems as though law only applies to those who cant walk acrosss an invisible line called the "Border". :(

Best Wishes To My Friends and those here on VJ Doing It Legally Even Now..and who have been waiting for months, years, and in some cases Decades..I only wish your loved ones could walk on water..Bless You All.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How about the fact that these illegals are being treated as priorities, and will likely be so treated throughout their application processes (inevitably, they will use different forms, easily identified at intake)...do you really think our visas, greencards and citizenship won't be bumped or affected in some negative way? Who is going to hire and train these new people that USCIS has to hire...generally that is done by existing staff.

The opposition is that preferential treatment is being given to those that violated the system rather than following it, and that the illegal immigrant population has more voice than the citizens trying to legally bring in their families. It will do very little (at least in anything like the foreseeable future) to improve service standards for those of us that followed the rules.

I agree I am getting sick and tired of the preferential treatment being shown to people who choose to break the law. Yes doing it the right way is long an tedious (6 months in and still working on the K1). Yes they really need to streamline the legal immigration process. But don't reward people who obviously don't respect our laws and rules. Guess American citizens are no longer the governments priority.

How about the fact that these illegals are being treated as priorities, and will likely be so treated throughout their application processes (inevitably, they will use different forms, easily identified at intake)...do you really think our visas, greencards and citizenship won't be bumped or affected in some negative way? Who is going to hire and train these new people that USCIS has to hire...generally that is done by existing staff.

The opposition is that preferential treatment is being given to those that violated the system rather than following it, and that the illegal immigrant population has more voice than the citizens trying to legally bring in their families. It will do very little (at least in anything like the foreseeable future) to improve service standards for those of us that followed the rules.

I believe DACA was the reason I-130s weren't processed AT ALL during most of 2013. That was a real p*ss-take.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

President have no authority to make an illegal person legal. It can only done by Law and that have to be approved by Senate and Congress. Republicans control both for the next few years, so there no way it will happen... The positive is with this order protection for illegals with USC Children..

It might happen, bills have been signed by the Senate and waiting signing by the House, they just need to get off the dime.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Are you really that blind?

It's not about people!

It's not about families!
It's not about legals illegals etc!

It's all about POWER!

Imagine how many new voters (i mean citizens related to those illegals or their friends) Obama will gain!

I really don't understand all the opposition to this.

It is like making a burglar a official member of your household and he could live/eat/sleep at your own house at your expense :)

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Timeline

Really !!!!!

Why don't you keep one or two ilegal in your home and feed them and while doing that please call their parents and grand parent, uncle, aunt and take care them as well.

Houston alone has 4000 ilegal in school system this year. Do you understand the implication of that?

Nothing is free in this word my friend and When you handout someone something it has to come from somewhere either from your pocket or mine. Obama or any goverment do not produce anything.

They are just facilitator.

Filed: Other Timeline

There is someone who want to right to the White House about us ...now that actions are taken for illegal what about legal people who struggle to get their papers too...

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Medical app. Date feb. 1st 2016

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm not against the planned reforms as such, however, I am against the way they will be implemented.

DACA screwed so many of us lawful immigrants over as USCIS worked on DACA files and ignored ours despite the fact that we were legal immigrants. It took 7 months just for our NOA2 and some people had it much worse. I'm willing to bet that all this extra work from this new executive order will be processed by USCIS without any increase in workforce and again to the detriment of legal filers.

All these bleeding hearts for illegal immigrants (and I am a pretty liberal person and I do sympathise with those not here legally) but nobody gives a ####### about us legal immigrants because we simply aren't worth enough votes. :ranting:

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

How about this, all of the illegals who will now be applying to become legal will clog the system, thereby crowding out all of the legal applicants. In addition, consider the many thousands of dollars you have spent on the legal process. They have jumped in line in front of you and done it for free.

Rather than a backdoor amnesty program, how about making it faster and more transparent to use the legal path.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.