vkrishn

President's Immigration Fact Sheet

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

From the link, the key questions and answers that appear to be the most relevant to those who have pending applications, especially family-based AOS:

Q1: When will USCIS begin accepting applications related to these executive initiatives?

A1: While USCIS is not accepting applications at this time, individuals who think they may be eligible for one or more of the new initiatives may prepare now by gathering documentation that establishes factors such as their:

• Identity;
  • Relationship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident; and
  • Continuous residence in the United States over the last five years or more.

USCIS expects to begin accepting applications for the:

• Expanded DACA program approximately 90 days after the President’s November 20, 2014, announcement; and
  • Deferred action for parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (Deferred Action for Parental Accountability) approximately 180 days after the President’s November 20, 2014, announcement.

Others programs will be implemented after new guidance and regulations are issued.

Q2: How many individuals does USCIS expect will apply?

A2: Preliminary estimates show that roughly 4.9 million individuals may be eligible for the initiatives announced by the President. However, there is no way to predict with certainty how many individuals will apply. USCIS will decide applications on a case-by-case basis and encourages as many people as possible to consider these new initiatives. During the first two years of DACA, approximately 60 percent of potentially eligible individuals came forward. However, given differences among the population eligible for these initiatives and DACA, actual participation rates may vary.

Q4: How long will applicants have to wait for a decision on their application?

A4: The timeframe for completing this new pending workload depends on a variety of factors. USCIS will be working to process applications as expeditiously as possible while maintaining program integrity and customer service. Our aim is to complete all applications received by the end of next year before the end of 2016, consistent with our target processing time of completing review of applications within approximately one year of receipt. In addition, USCIS will provide each applicant with notification of receipt of their application within 60 days of receiving it.

Q5: Will USCIS need to expand its workforce and/or seek appropriated funds to implement these new initiatives?

A5: USCIS will need to adjust its staffing to sufficiently address this new workload. Any hiring will be funded through application fees rather than appropriated funds.

Q6: Will the processing of other applications and petitions (such as family-based petitions and green card applications) be delayed?

A6: USCIS is working hard to build capacity and increase staffing to begin accepting requests and applications for the initiatives. We will monitor resources and capacity very closely, and we will keep the public and all of our stakeholders informed as this process develops over the course of the coming months.

By my estimate, anyone who still has a pending family-based AOS application after the end of Feb is likely to get hit by a slow-down, as that's when they'll start accepting expanded DACA applicants. Then there will be another slow-down after the end of May when they open up the application window for undocumented parents. Since the target is to get all the new applications from this executive action completed by the end of 2015, most people who have pending applications throughout 2015 are going to be SOL - wait times will get worse, especially for those applying in the second half of the year.

A "kick in the teeth" for those who are "legal" indeed.

Edited by landr

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Coincidently I just emailed my Congressman before I came online - below is most of what I wrote to him:

I am dismayed at Obama’s decision to use the power of the pen to push legislation “reform” on immigration. The idea of adding millions of applications for legal status to a system that is clearly not efficient is not reform. What about the millions of us who are trying to work within the existing guidelines? I don’t care about the politics of Democrats and Republicans who pander to their base. I care about a more efficient government that operates for the good of the people in all aspects of government. Whether it’s immigration we are talking about or finding a tax system that isn’t based on tax avoidance - Government should be for the many not solely for the few.

Immigration reform as presented by Obama is for the good of Obama in trying to secure some form of legacy and the good of Democrats who are trying to win the White House in 2016 inspite of following one of the most unpopular Presidents. It also is so brash on his part given the results of the recent mid-term elections. I think the results in Maryland show that people looked at candidates on an individual basis and voted for the people who they thought would be the best leaders for our state - especially in ____ County. _____ County results have to be one of the strongest examples of voters splitting their ballots and voting candidates not parties. We want good effective leadership/management and any good manager knows you have to have a good existing structure before you expand your operation.

I know the Congressman supports immigration reform - no one is saying it doesn’t need to be addressed but there are many aspects of the current structure needing to be sorted before we look at wiping the slate clean for others who sought to circumvent it.

I still cannot access the case status portion of the website since November 7th.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you guys think is there any possibility that they would clear all the applications made before september 2013 (where pds were before retrogression) so that they can slow down after that and focus on the new applications? this thought came to my mind...

I also think, or hope, that as green cards have a number limit, they will have to give away those numbers before end of fiscal year, so they can't slow it down more than it already is... I don't know... just guessing.

This is an aproximate timeline, I tried to complete it trough the e-mails I still have, I don't know why I couldn't find all of them...

:star: USCIS Stage

08/14/2013 - Priority Date

10/08/2013 - I-130 Approved- NOA2

(F)NVC Stage:

11/18/2013 - Received Case Number & IIN by E-Mail

11/18/2013- AOS fee bil generated & paid

11/19/2013- DS-261 generated & filled

11/24/2013 - IV Packet fee bill generated & paid

12/04/2013 - DS-260 filled & submitted online

12/07/2013 - AOS and IV Packet sent together

01/31/2014 - Received AOS Checklist

02/26/2014 - Received AOS Checklist (this time they asked me to take it to the interview)

02/26/2014 - Together with the cheklist they wrote that they had finished reviewing my case, so this is my CASE COMPLETE DATE.

03/04/2014 - CASE COMPLETE E-MAIL

04/01/2014 - Interview Letter received

05/08/2014 - Interview date (received the green slip 221g form)

06/09/2014 - Submitted documents required in form 221g

06/10/2014 - CEAC status changed to "Ready"

06/13/2014 - Received e-mail saying I have to wait until Priority Date becomes current again for visa to be issued.

05/19/2015 - Interview date

05/22/2015 - Passport arrived

05/31/2015 - Arrived at the USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Dear fellow VJ friends,

I do feel glad for all those families who will remain united and those desperate illegal immigrants who finally can get their drivers license and a better more reasonable paying job.

Most of us, can't work nor drive at the moment. Imagine how it would feel not be able to commute well whilst struggling paying your bills and taking care of your family (for at least six years). Moving forward for these people is almost impossible (literally and hypothetically). These folks might have been in a LIMBO status already for almost their entire life!!! That so in conflict with the principles and values of the constitution.

I do agree that this legislation probably will not gone benefit us, but its definitely a more humantarily solution and long term human capital investment than keeping the status quo.

Let's hope USCIS will increase their processing capabilities soon. My wife actually applied several times (she has the right degrees and background) but never got a reply :cry: .

09/30/2014 - Point of Entry 'Vancouver International Airport'

10/09/2014 - Married

10/18/2014 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

10/23/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

11/18/2014 - Case Suspended (RFE is on its way :()

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

12/02/2014 - Response on initial request for evidence was received (case status should be updated before 01/31/2015)

01/27/2015 - EAD/AP card in production and should be mailed to given address.

01/31/2015 - Received EAD/AP Combo card by mail :D

02/18/2015 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case :ranting:

06/22/2015 - Received Welcome Letter & AOS approved :goofy:

Dear fellow VJ friends,

I do feel glad for all those families who will remain united and those desperate illegal immigrants who finally can get their drivers license and a better more reasonable paying job.

Most of us, can't work nor drive at the moment. Imagine how it would feel not be able to commute well whilst struggling paying your bills and taking care of your family (for at least six years). Moving forward for these people is almost impossible (literally and hypothetically). These folks might have been in a LIMBO status already for almost their entire life!!! That so in conflict with the principles and values of the constitution.

I do agree that this legislation probably will not gone benefit us, but its definitely a more humantarily solution and long term human capital investment than keeping the status quo.

Let's hope USCIS will increase their processing capabilities soon. My wife actually applied several times (she has the right degrees and background) but never got a reply :cry: .

There is one problem. Those people broke the law and they will be rewarded for this.

So many people who decided to pick the legal way went/are going/will be going through hell, no mercy. I'm sorry for them, not illegals!

Coincidently I just emailed my Congressman before I came online - below is most of what I wrote to him:

I am dismayed at Obama’s decision to use the power of the pen to push legislation “reform” on immigration. The idea of adding millions of applications for legal status to a system that is clearly not efficient is not reform. What about the millions of us who are trying to work within the existing guidelines? I don’t care about the politics of Democrats and Republicans who pander to their base. I care about a more efficient government that operates for the good of the people in all aspects of government. Whether it’s immigration we are talking about or finding a tax system that isn’t based on tax avoidance - Government should be for the many not solely for the few.

Immigration reform as presented by Obama is for the good of Obama in trying to secure some form of legacy and the good of Democrats who are trying to win the White House in 2016 inspite of following one of the most unpopular Presidents. It also is so brash on his part given the results of the recent mid-term elections. I think the results in Maryland show that people looked at candidates on an individual basis and voted for the people who they thought would be the best leaders for our state - especially in ____ County. _____ County results have to be one of the strongest examples of voters splitting their ballots and voting candidates not parties. We want good effective leadership/management and any good manager knows you have to have a good existing structure before you expand your operation.
I know the Congressman supports immigration reform - no one is saying it doesn’t need to be addressed but there are many aspects of the current structure needing to be sorted before we look at wiping the slate clean for others who sought to circumvent it.
I still cannot access the case status portion of the website since November 7th.

Do you know what I got from my Congressman's Office? Voicemail, voicemal, a secretary and we will not help you if your application hasn't been pending more than a year even though we have been trying to work through this process for over 2 years now. Thanks Senator Cornyn and Jonathan Fried of Texas.

Dear fellow VJ friends,

Do you know how it feels to know your significant other for almost 5 years? Do you know how it feels to sleep alone at night? Do you know how it feels to be almost there and get done wrong by the U.S. Embassy abroad and no one believes you? Do you know how long it takes to get to Sri Lanka? Do you know how much those tickets cost? Do you know how much money we have spent on this process? Do you know what it feels like to see absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel? Do you know what it feels like to ride a snail why people speed past you in a BMW? Because this is my life and my husband's life. This is our reality. He should have just crossed the freaking border. We could have maybe made the 5 year mark.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that Janelle. All of the above implies also in our lives at the moment. My wife and I are struggling too.The issue concerning these illegal immigrants is just to complicated to have been seen so black/white. I wish you and your wife all the best with your visa journey, don't loose hope buddy! By the way, driving BMW sucks in the USA, don't waste your money, get a cheap Toyate/Honda LOL.

09/30/2014 - Point of Entry 'Vancouver International Airport'

10/09/2014 - Married

10/18/2014 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

10/23/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

11/18/2014 - Case Suspended (RFE is on its way :()

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

12/02/2014 - Response on initial request for evidence was received (case status should be updated before 01/31/2015)

01/27/2015 - EAD/AP card in production and should be mailed to given address.

01/31/2015 - Received EAD/AP Combo card by mail :D

02/18/2015 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case :ranting:

06/22/2015 - Received Welcome Letter & AOS approved :goofy:

BMWs suck, but everything passes a snail!!!! Even little illegal kids on training wheels :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: throwing up finger signs as they pass us. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a real, I am glad for them too, but not at the expense of doing things the wrong way. In America, we constantly teach honesty, integrity and doing things right are supposed to get us far in life. And the only thing it has gotten me is further behind in being united with my husband.

You hang in here too!! We need to finger out how to speak out about our problems. Unlike illegals, we work, who can hold up picket signs everyday?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't get it... I've been approved by USCIS already. I'm only waiting to be current and then continue my petition with NVC. How does Obama's so called executive action adds more delay to my petition?

I don't get it... I've been approved by USCIS already. I'm only waiting to be current and then continue my petition with NVC. How does Obama's so called executive action adds more delay to my petition?

USCIS workloads will dramatically increase and same as NVC when their workloads increase they introduced new timeline and long duration of waiting as you can see during the period that retrogression occurred.

If your is approved by USCIS then i don't think it will effect your case in anyways since they just need to transfer to NVC and that's the end at USCIS.

Edited by Phillip Wu

USCIS
June 01, 2013 I-130 Started

June 10, 2013 Priority Date
June 14, 2013 NOA 1
September 10, 2013 NOA 2

NVC
October 21, 2013 AoS Fee Paid
December 22, 2013 DS261 Submitted
December 27, 2013 DS261 Accepted ( via email )
December 28, 2013 IV Fee Bill Invoiced
December 29, 2013 AoS Package Sent
December 30, 2013 IV Fee Paid & DS260 Submitted
January 11, 2014 IV Package Sent
January 07, 2014 AoS Package Received ( call NVC )
January 15, 2014 IV Package Received ( call NVC )
January 27,2014 Received AoS Checklists ( email )
January 27,2014 Received IV Checklists ( email )
February 25,2014 Sent IV Checklists back
February 28,2014 IV Checklists Package Delivered
March 5,2014 Sent AOS Checklists back
March 10,2014 AOS Checklists Package Delivered
March 19,2014 Case Completed ( call NVC )
March 22,2014 Case Completed ( CC email )

Consulate
February 05,2015 Interview Letter
March 12,2015 Interview

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

USCIS workloads will dramatically increase and same as NVC when their workloads increase they introduced new timeline and long duration of waiting as you can see during the period that retrogression occurred.

If your is approved by USCIS then i don't think it will effect your case in anyways since they just need to transfer to NVC and that's the end at USCIS.

Already have my case number and IIN just waiting to be current.

PD is March 11th 2014... From observation, I'll be current hopefully around September- November 2015.

My wife gets her citizenship by September 2015.

Funny how after all the suffering and waiting on the F2A queue... She gets her citizenship just when the long wait is over

Already have my case number and IIN just waiting to be current.

PD is March 11th 2014... From observation, I'll be current hopefully around September- November 2015.

My wife gets her citizenship by September 2015.

Funny how after all the suffering and waiting on the F2A queue... She gets her citizenship just when the long wait is over

By reading the pattern of the following movement in recent years visa bulletin , if you're still in F2A then you're better expect thing to happen in 2016 because you still need time to send docs paying fees reviewing times then you may or may not get checklists but if you get another 2 months..it is longer than we expected so use your precious time wisely.

Seeing you moving to IR1 is better , hope your wife get her citizenship sooner than later.

Edited by Phillip Wu

USCIS
June 01, 2013 I-130 Started

June 10, 2013 Priority Date
June 14, 2013 NOA 1
September 10, 2013 NOA 2

NVC
October 21, 2013 AoS Fee Paid
December 22, 2013 DS261 Submitted
December 27, 2013 DS261 Accepted ( via email )
December 28, 2013 IV Fee Bill Invoiced
December 29, 2013 AoS Package Sent
December 30, 2013 IV Fee Paid & DS260 Submitted
January 11, 2014 IV Package Sent
January 07, 2014 AoS Package Received ( call NVC )
January 15, 2014 IV Package Received ( call NVC )
January 27,2014 Received AoS Checklists ( email )
January 27,2014 Received IV Checklists ( email )
February 25,2014 Sent IV Checklists back
February 28,2014 IV Checklists Package Delivered
March 5,2014 Sent AOS Checklists back
March 10,2014 AOS Checklists Package Delivered
March 19,2014 Case Completed ( call NVC )
March 22,2014 Case Completed ( CC email )

Consulate
February 05,2015 Interview Letter
March 12,2015 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.