spookyturtle

The Official Outrage Over Obama Immigration Reform thread

280 posts in this topic

They either have no family ties or have a criminal background - vast majority probably in the former category.

impossible. obama just granted amnesty for all illegals!

Filed: Timeline

Why are you so focused on Bush using their executive authority inappropriately? These three are NOT the only ones who have done it, every president has.

Do I think Obama will get impeached for overstepping his authority? No. Could he be? For sure. But it is not for us, the little people, to decide. That's Congress' job. Whether or not they do it remains to be seen.

The president does not have the authority to pass laws while bypassing congress except in times of emergency. I don't see illegal immigration as a state of emergency, does anyone else?

It just so happens that the President hasn't actually passed any law.

impossible. obama just granted amnesty for all illegals!

Amnesty? Obama granted no such thing. Temporary relief from deportation for those illegal immigrants that have been around 5+ years, have direct family ties to USC children or LPR children and have a clean background. That's all that happened. No green cards, no citizenship, no permanent relief from deportation. That ain't amnesty.

What you and some others here are missing is that with this executive action he has encouraged even more illegal immigration. You don't discourage illegal behavior by rewarding it.

ETA: If it was "the right thing to do", why did he wait until after the midterm elections?

Beats me. Probably because shiftless Democrats in Congress urged him to hold off.

Amnesty? Obama granted no such thing. Temporary relief from deportation for those illegal immigrants that have been around 5+ years, have direct family ties to USC children or LPR children and have a clean background. That's all that happened. No green cards, no citizenship, no permanent relief from deportation. That ain't amnesty.

But it is something more than my husband and I have.

What you and some others here are missing is that with this executive action he has encouraged even more illegal immigration. You don't discourage illegal behavior by rewarding it.

the primary group benefitting are those who were brought here as children. it is a bit naive to expect someone who has grown up here to self deport when they turn 18. if you found out tomorrow that you'd been brought here illegally as a baby, would you deport yourself?

as long as there are controls in place to make sure that only those who qualify, benefit - i don't see how that is rewarding illegal behavior.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Even you can't possibly believe that's the end of it. What are they going to do? Just let them live here with no status?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

But it is something more than my husband and I have.

That is true and I understand how that might make you feel angry. But when your process is complete, you and your husband won't have anything else to worry about in regards to immigration. These people that were given temporary relief now are only at the very beginning of what will likely end up to be a lengthy roller coaster ride. Yes, they're here with their spouses and kids and you don't have your spouse here which sucks.

Beats me. Probably because shiftless Democrats in Congress urged him to hold off.

Temporary relief from being deported for people who are not in deportation proceedings. Brilliant.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

the primary group benefitting are those who were brought here as children. it is a bit naive to expect someone who has grown up here to self deport when they turn 18. if you found out tomorrow that you'd been brought here illegally as a baby, would you deport yourself?

No you're thinking of DACA. That was 2+ years ago. He included the 3.5 million parents who came here illegally and put the children in this mess in the first place. If anything, the parents should be the first to be deported.

There's plenty of U.S. citizen children who's parents are locked up. Their life sucks through not fault of their own because their parents broke the law. Where's their relief.

Temporary relief from being deported for people who are not in deportation proceedings. Brilliant.

Right, it's not much. But it gives these people firstly some peace of mind that they're not going to be put into deportation proceedings so long as they haven't racked up a criminal background and secondly, it will give them an opportunity to legally work and support their families. And that to those that benefit is worth a lot. As a husband and father, I can understand why.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

or OOOOIR for short. I don't know about you guys, but I say he just gave every legal immigrant in the history of the US a big, giant, middle finger in the face. Everyone on this site should be angry about this. This is an insult to all of us and the American people.

Yup. He's a Tardo, officially.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No you're thinking of DACA. That was 2+ years ago. He included the 3.5 million parents who came here illegally and put the children in this mess in the first place. If anything, the parents should be the first to be deported.

There's plenty of U.S. citizen children who's parents are locked up. Their life sucks through not fault of their own because their parents broke the law. Where's their relief.

There are probably a lot of people locked up for minor, non-violent offenses that should be afforded relief as well. But then there are the prison corporations that need to look out for the shareholders.

Timeline

There are probably a lot of people locked up for minor, non-violent offenses that should be afforded relief as well. But then there are the prison corporations that need to look out for the shareholders.

If they were all about the prison corporations, why not lock up all these illegal immigrants? That would fill their coffers big time. This move by the Kenyan was purely political. If it wasn't he would've done it prior to the mid term election, or in his first term. He realizes that there's no short term political reprecussions for doing this when he did it.