spookyturtle

The Official Outrage Over Obama Immigration Reform thread

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Why look at trends? Keep giving amnesty and they will keep coming. This time will be no different than the past. Rinse and repeat. Make it harder on those that are easy to control, the ones who follow the law. Keep giving a pass to those who break the law because it is too much of a problem to deal with properly. Lessons keep getting repeated until they are learned. This is round three of making a mistake. Millions more will enter illegally in the coming years. The Buck should have stopped with Obama if he wants to make a positive impact. He just handed the White House to the GOP. The Democrats should be outraged over how one person single handedly destroyed the party.

The only way to reduce illegal immigration is by making it economical suicide for any business to hire workers that are not authorized to work here. That's the only way to do that. As long as there is work to be found, they will come. It's really just that simple. There was no amnesty given to anyone, by the way.

The only way to reduce illegal immigration is by making it economical suicide for any business to hire workers that are not authorized to work here. That's the only way to do that. As long as there is work to be found, they will come. It's really just that simple. There was no amnesty given to anyone, by the way.

I agree about the penalties for businesses. I support E-Verify. Neither party wants any part of either of those. Mistakes don't justify more mistakes. Amnesty wasn't given last night, but it will be done the road unless something is done to prevent this. Keep in mind that these people can't vote yet, and that is the ultimate goal of this action. If they can't vote by 2016, the Democrats are done for the next 4-8 years. Thanks Obama.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

If they can't vote by 2016, the Democrats are done for the next 4-8 years. Thanks Obama.

ebola will tie up the loose ends. if not, we'll just bring the swine flu back.

I agree about the penalties for businesses. I support E-Verify. Neither party wants any part of either of those. Mistakes don't justify more mistakes. Amnesty wasn't given last night, but it will be done the road unless something is done to prevent this. Keep in mind that these people can't vote yet, and that is the ultimate goal of this action. If they can't vote by 2016, the Democrats are done for the next 4-8 years. Thanks Obama.

These people will not have votes in 2016. They won't even have green cards in 2016 which means they won't be citizens and thus not be eligible to vote in 2020 either. As to this being a downer for Democrats for the next 4-8 years, nobody will remember any of this next spring. The attention span of the American electorate is extremely short. Republicans greatly benefited from that just now. ;)

These people will not have votes in 2016. They won't even have green cards in 2016 which means they won't be citizens and thus not be eligible to vote in 2020 either. As to this being a downer for Democrats for the next 4-8 years, nobody will remember any of this next spring. The attention span of the American electorate is extremely short. Republicans greatly benefited from that just now. ;)

This killed it for Hillary. People will remember. I don't think they forget about this in a few months. Obama will be ridiculed and scorned, just like Jimmy Carter and Bush. Maybe more so.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

What I think is overdue is to eliminate that visa category altogether.

I think I agree since the wait time pretty much eliminates it anyway. But how hard would it be to allow easier visit visas for immediate family members? Make them dependant on the immigrant and spouse sponsoring with built-in consequences for the visitor violating the visit length of stay? Not every immigrant has living parents, and I am sure that many have siblings or other relatives whom they miss or have close but now severed relationships with.

I have no regrets we followed the legal process getting my wife here but I am positive that being able to sponsor sibling/relative visits would be great for her.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

This killed it for Hillary. People will remember. I don't think they forget about this in a few months. Obama will be ridiculed and scorned, just like Jimmy Carter and Bush. Maybe more so.

Rest assured that the right wing nut blogs will make up the next scandal and get outraged about it before long. The immigration issue will pale in comparison. Nobody will remember it. Does anybody still remember Ebola? The outrage over the President allegedly trying to infect the whole nation with Ebola literally went away on election day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If we believe in the sanctity of the family, if we want to promote children being raised by both their parents then it is right to do what we can not to tear these families apart.

Then we need to let all the prisoners out of jail. Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, terrorists, etc.

This tactic of lying by false framing demonstrates how despicable your position is. The false framing is to refuse acknowledging the most important issue: that these people KNOWINGLY broke the law. To gain false sympathy for your position, you pretend they are sitting at home in their own country, minding their own business, and the government came along to break their family up.

Numerous times the president lied through his teeth about how this was all about accepting responsibility for your actions, when it is precisely the opposite: asking the law-breakers to specifically come forward and be rewarded ahead of those who are following the law. It is incredible really, how you are pretending to care for "families" when punishing the law abiding families and rewarding the law breaking families.

This is such a no-brainer, and probably one of the more important things you are blind to is the political calculation involved here. It means order of magnitude more votes for the Democrats, the people who just got their asses kicked in this last election. Not only is it a vote from the illegal immigrant, but for their children, the corporation that hired them illegally, their Friday poker buddies, etc. Using the illogical arguments, the lying, the manipulative bunk: that is all about covering up what is really going on. Obama waited until after the elections to announce this. Why? Because the Democrats would have been crushed, flattened, and run out of the country had he done it beforehand. That is how cynical this is.

While these purile, filthy arguments are peddled about "families", the people who understand the reality of politics know that being against this puts anyone in the opposition in a horrible catch-22. Once rights have been vested by government, it is nearly impossible to take them away. They're in. And it is more likely to be ten million than it is five million. Let's see, the Iraq War was said to pay for itself off the oil revenues we were going to seize. So far it has cost trillions. Social Security was going to fund itself at a worker/retiree ratio of 13:1. Now it is down almost to 2:1 - two teens supporting each wealthy retiree that doesn't need the money like the teens do for - say - the health insurance they are now required to buy despite not needing doctors.

This too will be wildly larger than what they are already admitting to. Not one word about processing them: there has not been one penny allocated to it yet, no people being trained to process, so what does that mean for the people who applied legally? It means we kick them in the teeth. We pose law breakers as these noble, more worthy saints and the law abiding as nothing more than dirt under your feet.

Look who he is expanding the budget for: border security! Gah! He is going to hire more of them, he already gave them raises, and these are people that have LESS TO DO. Whereas processing is going through the roof. This is the kind of things historians look back on and scratch their heads wondering how idiotic we can be.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, we do not. That's not the same. Not even close. And you know it.

Bullshit. What are you saying exactly? Spell it out more clearly. What do you mean "not the same"? How is it different?

See how you will not acknowledge the injustice here? That tells me what kind of person you are.

Bullshit. What are you saying exactly? Spell it out more clearly. What do you mean "not the same"? How is it different?

See how you will not acknowledge the injustice here? That tells me what kind of person you are.

An illegal immigrant is not a murderer, rapist, pedophile, terrorist or other violent criminal. To suggest otherwise as you do is just ignorant and thus tells me just what kind of person you are.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Other Timeline

An illegal immigrant is not a murderer, rapist, pedophile, terrorist or other violent criminal. To suggest otherwise as you do is just ignorant and thus tells me just what kind of person you are.

What's important here is what kind of person the illegal alien is. First, they broke the law to be in the US. So, they are in fact lawbreakers. The bullshit living in the entire narrative is that because time passed and they successfully evaded being deported or arrested while in the US, that they somehow earned angelic status, is well: it's BULLSHIT!

They broke the damned law! They did NOT earn the right to stay in the US because they know how to evade the police. Stay on point with the topic. Oh, and by the way; if they were born in the US, then they are automatically US citizens.

Edited by ExExpat

What's important here is what kind of person the illegal alien is. First, they broke the law to be in the US. So, they are in fact lawbreakers. The bullshit living in the entire narrative is that because time passed and they successfully evaded being deported or arrested while in the US, that they somehow earned angelic status, is well: it's BULLSHIT!

They broke the damned law! They did NOT earn the right to stay in the US because they know how to evade the police. Stay on point with the topic. Oh, and by the way; if they were born in the US, then they are automatically US citizens.

And that addresses what you quoted how? That's right, not at all. Nice rant, though. Hope you enjoyed it.

Some are. We have ample evidence of that.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015