spookyturtle

The Official Outrage Over Obama Immigration Reform thread

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Some are. We have ample evidence of that.

Yes. Some white guys from Massachusetts are murderers, pedophiles, rapists or even terrorists, too. But that doesn't mean that white guys from Massachusetts are murderers, pedophiles, rapists or even terrorists. Same goes for illegal immigrants. To equate them to the worst criminals is idiotic.

I suggest you sell that line of hogwash to the families of US citizen victims who have been raped, robbed, assaulted and murdered by your friends, the illegal aliens.

When you learn how to comprehend what is discussed, then I'll entertain a conversation with you. Until then, you'll have to play by yourself.

Yes. Some white guys from Massachusetts are murderers, pedophiles, rapists or even terrorists, too. But that doesn't mean that white guys from Massachusetts are murderers, pedophiles, rapists or even terrorists. Same goes for illegal immigrants. To equate them to the worst criminals is idiotic.

IMO, blindly defending a decision that slaps everyone at this site, every legal immigrant in the history of the country and the American people in the face is idiotic.

and that makes me chub a little bit. :P

No way anyone gets a chub over Hillary. Even Bill probably doesn't. :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

IMO, blindly defending a decision that slaps everyone at this site, every legal immigrant in the history of the country and the American people in the face is idiotic.

Firstly, I am not blindly defending anything and secondly, as a legal immigrant and American myself, I don't feel slapped either. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. This President has done what many before him have done. It never was a big deal - most of it went unnoticed. But now it's like the end of the world. Sorry but I call BS when I see it. And all this outrage is just that: a steaming pile of BS.

Firstly, I am not blindly defending anything and secondly, as a legal immigrant and American myself, I don't feel slapped either. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. This President has done what many before him have done. It never was a big deal - most of it went unnoticed. But now it's like the end of the world. Sorry but I call BS when I see it. And all this outrage is just that: a steaming pile of BS.

Not being upset is a steaming pile of BS. Stop making excuses because of the past. Another mistake fixes nothing.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Not being upset is a steaming pile of BS. Stop making excuses because of the past. Another mistake fixes nothing.

Why is it a mistake? It wasn't a mistake when the elder Bush extended relief to 40% of the illegal immigrant population. Nobody ever suggested it was. Fact is, nobody even took notice. In my view, it was the right thing to do then and it is the right thing to do now. It's the human thing to do.

_79175737_us_illegal_inmigrants_20141121

why aren't those 6.2 million not eligible to apply? did they not have a beefed up criminal record?

etahttp://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30150391

Edited by val erie

in the past he had different opinions on the subject. his opinions have 'evolved' apparently.

I still don't like people coming to this country illegally. And I am very much in favor of adopting policies that will remove the incentive to come here illegally. That would mean that we'd have to seriously go after those that employ illegal immigrants. It's the only way to slow the flow there are no other magic bullets out there that will do it. I'd be very supportive of such legislative action. But I won't hold my breath.

Meanwhile, there are many illegal immigrants here. Some of those know no other place than America. The home that you would want them sent back to is foreign to them. And it is just not realistic to round up and deport millions of people. It's not going to happen. Everyone knows that. So we have to find a way to deal with the folks that are here. Everyone knows that, too. I'd be happy with a plan that lets them stay but doesn't give them a path to citizenship. A solution that prevents them from sponsoring others for immigration. But to keep them living in constant fear of deportation and support a status quo that makes them vulnerable for exploitation is just not humane.

Yes, I had stronger feelings against illegal immigrants in the past but the more I think about the issue, the more I come to the realization that you can't hoard them all back across the southern border. Which would be difficult anyways since many of them never came across that southern border to begin with nor are their places of origin located down that way. So yes, my position on the issue has evolved. It's what happens with people that aren't ideologues and that don't subscribe to doctrines.

I still don't like people coming to this country illegally. And I am very much in favor of adopting policies that will remove the incentive to come here illegally. That would mean that we'd have to seriously go after those that employ illegal immigrants. It's the only way to slow the flow there are no other magic bullets out there that will do it. I'd be very supportive of such legislative action. But I won't hold my breath.

Meanwhile, there are many illegal immigrants here. Some of those know no other place than America. The home that you would want them sent back to is foreign to them. And it is just not realistic to round up and deport millions of people. It's not going to happen. Everyone knows that. So we have to find a way to deal with the folks that are here. Everyone knows that, too. I'd be happy with a plan that lets them stay but doesn't give them a path to citizenship. A solution that prevents them from sponsoring others for immigration. But to keep them living in constant fear of deportation and support a status quo that makes them vulnerable for exploitation is just not humane.

Yes, I had stronger feelings against illegal immigrants in the past but the more I think about the issue, the more I come to the realization that you can't hoard them all back across the southern border. Which would be difficult anyways since many of them never came across that southern border to begin with nor are their places of origin located down that way. So yes, my position on the issue has evolved. It's what happens with people that aren't ideologues and that don't subscribe to doctrines.

But would you feel the same if a Republican President did what Obama did last night? If Palin was President and did the same would you still be on the bandwagon? Romney? Somehow I think not.

_79175737_us_illegal_inmigrants_20141121

why aren't those 6.2 million not eligible to apply? did they not have a beefed up criminal record?

etahttp://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30150391

Why not petition Obama to let the other 6 million apply too? After all, fair is fair.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

But would you feel the same if a Republican President did what Obama did last night? If Palin was President and did the same would you still be on the bandwagon? Romney? Somehow I think not.

Why not? I would have felt equally good if Boehner's House had passed immigration reform. There was plenty Republican support on the bill that passed the Senate. My not so favorite US Senator from Florida was one of the main architects of that bill. Jeb Bush supported it. It doesn't matter who does it. At least not to me. It does matter a lot to Republicans, I noticed that. They were quiet when Reagan and Bush the elder did it but now it's the most outrageous thing in the whole world. Puhleeze.

Good one, though, if Palin was President... :rofl:

How do you know the person who intends to use the visa for its intended purpose from the person that doesn't? Answer is, you don't. So you can only look at overall trends and make the best decision possible based on the facts presented with the visa application. They keep pretty good track of what people submit when applying for a visa and what they may have supplied prior.

Well, they should have told George H. W. Bush that. He was the second to go it alone. Reagan did it before him, too. And we all know that Republicans screamed for Reagan's impeachment right away. And for that of George H. W. Bush. Or did they? I just love that hypocrisy. That's all.

Why are you so focused on Bush using their executive authority inappropriately? These three are NOT the only ones who have done it, every president has.

Do I think Obama will get impeached for overstepping his authority? No. Could he be? For sure. But it is not for us, the little people, to decide. That's Congress' job. Whether or not they do it remains to be seen.

The president does not have the authority to pass laws while bypassing congress except in times of emergency. I don't see illegal immigration as a state of emergency, does anyone else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What you and some others here are missing is that with this executive action he has encouraged even more illegal immigration. You don't discourage illegal behavior by rewarding it.

ETA: If it was "the right thing to do", why did he wait until after the midterm elections?

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.