The Nature Boy

The manliest way to carve a pumpkin

61 posts in this topic

Perhaps it's a matter of semantics, or understanding a definition. In case you were not aware, "nuts" is an adjective for "insane" or "crazy". Therefore, a "gun nut" is a person who is crazy about guns or insane about guns. Insane people tend to be institutionalized (if proven guilty of said charge).

is what MBD was posting from a blog. Now while it can be argued that in this ONE case, MBD did not call anyone a nut, he is quoting a source in such a way as to indicate that he support the blog, and he believes the allegations therein.

Hail Ming recently called several pictures of groups of kids posing with guns perverts. In another post, he said posing with guns for a pic is demented. But I reckon you might be misunderstanding what those fellas mean when they say those things about gun owners.

The following claim has never been made on this site:

But if you've been around CEHST for more than two or three gun threads, you'll see that some here think that s8mply owning a gun is cause to be institutionalized.

Nor has anyone claimed that all gun owners are mentally ill. Semantics has nothing to do with it. There's a very simple way to prove your point and end this Dave, simply use the advanced search tool and prove your point. Should take all of about 3 minutes.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong if indeed these posts do exist, it's really not a big deal doing so.

I believe the "nuts" in gun nuts refers to someone who is excessively or over enthusiastically interested in something. In this case that something being guns.

The use is no different than health nuts, sports nuts etc.

If the assertion is that some here said anyone owning a gun should be institutionalized, we probably need more to go on than the term "gun nuts".

Exactly!

The following claim has never been made on this site:

Nor has anyone claimed that all gun owners are mentally ill. Semantics has nothing to do with it. There's a very simple way to prove your point and end this Dave, simply use the advanced search tool and prove your point. Should take all of about 3 minutes.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong if indeed these posts do exist, it's really not a big deal doing so.

I'm not the only one who interprets the "kind attitudes towards gun owners" the way that I do, as evidenced by some replies here. As I implied before, if the shoe does not fit, do not try to wear it; it's not a ONE SIZE FITS ALL thing. You might be able to explain away "nuts" as Dakine has so kindly tried to do. But the same cannot be said for "RWNJ", "demented", "perverts", etc. Just let's agree to disagree on this one, eh?

I'm not the only one who interprets the "kind attitudes towards gun owners" the way that I do, as evidenced by some replies here. As I implied before, if the shoe does not fit, do not try to wear it; it's not a ONE SIZE FITS ALL thing. You might be able to explain away "nuts" as Dakine has so kindly tried to do. But the same cannot be said for "RWNJ", "demented", "perverts", etc. Just let's agree to disagree on this one, eh?

No. It's either been said or it hasn't. These are printed words on a page, they either exist or they don't. they would be very easy to find using the search engine. Based on your lack of ability to produce those words, then they don't exist. End of story.

Go play semantics with your boy NB.

No. It's either been said or it hasn't. These are printed words on a page, they either exist or they don't. they would be very easy to find using the search engine. Based on your lack of ability to produce those words, then they don't exist. End of story.

Go play semantics with your boy NB.

They do exist, others know it as well as I. I am not sure if you are trying to act denser than you are, or if you truly don't believe the obvious. Either way, enjoy your day.

They do exist, others know it as well as I. I am not sure if you are trying to act denser than you are, or if you truly don't believe the obvious. Either way, enjoy your day.

So you're saying you're not capable of using the search engine. That's understandable, all you had to do was say so.

So you're saying you're not capable of using the search engine. That's understandable, all you had to do was say so.

Can you post a link to me saying those words, please? These are printed words on a page, they either exist or they don't. If they don't, then you are lying.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Can you post a link to me saying those words, please? These are printed words on a page, they either exist or they don't. If they don't, then you are lying.

Ok here are three more. That makes about 7 examples we have given you. I am done, I don't have time to play I know you are but what are you anymore.

LOl Our very own Teddy B got a post deleted for calling gun owners mental, Yet it never.. OMG the absurdity of the water is not wet thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/445563-im-carrying-a-gun-am-i-looking-for-trouble/?p=6459981

Calls the President of the NRA a Gun NUt

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/404681-yes-we-can-have-sane-gun-control-without-trampling-gun-owners-rights/?p=5873552

But if Nuts can't buy guns gun shops would go out of busienss

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/477101-shooting-reported-in-maryland-mall/?p=6778229

Ok here are three more. That makes about 7 examples we have given you. I am done, I don't have time to play I know you are but what are you anymore.

LOl Our very own Teddy B got a post deleted for calling gun owners mental, Yet it never.. OMG the absurdity of the water is not wet thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/445563-im-carrying-a-gun-am-i-looking-for-trouble/?p=6459981

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/404681-yes-we-can-have-sane-gun-control-without-trampling-gun-owners-rights/?p=5873552

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/477101-shooting-reported-in-maryland-mall/?p=6778229

Me thinks ole Tedster is just yanking my chain cuz I pick on his buds. It's ok, at least it gives him a purpose in life, if only for a short time. I still love him like an internet play Cuz!!

0ad.png

Wow you win.. BTW calling someone stupid is a direct personal insult. However since such attacks are generally a liberals way of saying, I lose I won't push the issue

Edited by The Nature Boy

Wow you win.. BTW calling someone stupid is a direct personal insult. However since such attacks are generally a liberals way of saying, I lose I won't push the issue

Your posts are a personal insult to my intelligence, but I don't report them.

1196082_o.gif

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The manliest way to carve? With a d::k?

To be really fair, must use someone else's, and keep it pointed in the right direction always.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !