Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.
I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist
[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864
form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x]
In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...
[x] Items 13.a.1. The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent Federal
income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead.
[x]
In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...
[x]
The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you
resubmit the form.
[x]
You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x]
NVC Special Instructions
[x]
We sent the checklist to this address
National Visa Center
ATTN: DR
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
What are your scan dates for AOS and IV package?

my scan date was 26 septemebr

and for aos 25 august

they took 90 days for aos and now additional 60 more

sir can you clear my few doubts

1) did you include this cheaklist along with the correct aos package to be send to nvc

2)which is the bar code cover letr to be attached with the corect i 184 to eb sent

3) can you plz attcha the mailing page of your cheacklist

i will be very thank ful to you

and i pray taht your journey ends soon and you be with your spouse soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Used to be send the original civil doc and a copy of it. Now that it's just photocopies, should we send one or two of each do you think?

I sent two photocopies of all the civil docs. Probably unnecessary, but given it only cost me a couple of cents per sheet to do them, I figured why not?

Timeline

Just because you didn't leave it blank does not mean it's correct. If you put the incorrect amount, then a checklist would be generated.

do we need to send the original cheaklist and the bar code cover sheet to along with the corected aos form

Timeline

for my case we we sent 4 paper checklist letter, 1 paper letter of unemployment of petitioner, 9 paper of form i-864 petitioners. (for joint sponsor everything was ok.)

plz help me i also got a cheacklist for aos i inquired thorugh calling nvc

can you tell me the mailing address of the nvc for the cheaklist

can you plz attcah the mailing corespondence

my noa2 came in june and till now i m at nvc

which is the bar code cover sheet ,is it the same as the aos cover sheet

hope you will reply soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm self employed subcontracted by a company. I don't get paychecks, All my payments received are through square which is a credit card program used on my iphone. The company I'm subcontracted by doesn't have letterhead paper that they can write a employment letter on, it would just be on a plain paper typed up. What should I do? And why would they need proof of my employment if my income alone isn't enough to be a sponsor?

Thanks.

Take screenshots from the iPhone, print it out and send it to them with an explanation letter. Get the employment letter on plain paper as well.

Edited by dustyrah

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Timeline

How can I not be gussa?? They are not even clear with their directions!! I am scared to receive another checklist in January!! Then I would have to wait till March!! I am prolly gonna end up killing myself lol

1) They are clear about the 60 days waiting period to review documents.

2) If you feel the checklist was inappropriate, you can ask for supervisor review. And if everything is in order you should not get another checklist.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I have another question about AOS this time;

Did anyone complete AOS based purely on amount of money in your bank, in property and so on - without any income?

Basically my wife (who is petitioning for me) is US citizen but she does not work at the moment, caring for out two kids, lets say she's a homemaker. I do all the work and in fact I work and get paid in the USA, although I live in Ukraine. We file joint tax return which shows my income there, but I don't think it can be counted toward those AOS guidelines, even though it's US based income and it will keep coming. I don't have any paperwork to show this income as it's my own business and all I have is bank account with money coming in an out.

But we do have enough money in our bank account plus property that is well beyond that 3x poverty line required for those who do not have enough income.

Would that work - showing just the bank accounts and property values without any income from petitioner's side at all? Or can I include my US based income while being applicant (heh, sponsoring myself, am I?).

Thanks!

Edited by kit10dog

Timeline

Hi,

Did anyone complete AOS based purely on amount of money in your bank, in property and so on - without any income?

Basically my wife (who is petitioning for me) is US citizen but she does not work at the moment, caring for out two kinds, lets say she's a homemaker. I do all the work and in fact I work and get paid in the USA, although I live in Ukraine. We file joint tax return which shows my income there, but I don't think it can be counted toward those AOS guidelines, even though it's US based income and it will keep coming. I don't have any paperwork to show this income as it's my own business and all I have is bank account with money coming in an out.

But we do have enough money in our bank account plus property that is well beyond that 3x poverty line required for those who do not have enough income.

Would that work - showing just the bank accounts and property values without any income from petitioner's side at all? Or can I include my US based income while being applicant (heh, sponsoring myself, am I?).

Thanks!

Technically, it will not work just showing assets though if the assets are several times the yearly salary required then it may suffice. I would strongly advice showing some kind of home business for your wife until such time the process is completed. The AOS is in case where you lose the ability to support yourself and there must be a US citizen able to take responsibility for you in that case.

Hi,

Basically my wife (who is petitioning for me) is US citizen but she does not work at the moment, caring for out two kids, lets say she's a homemaker. I do all the work and in fact I work and get paid in the USA, although I live in Ukraine. We file joint tax return which shows my income there, but I don't think it can be counted toward those AOS guidelines, even though it's US based income and it will keep coming. I don't have any paperwork to show this income as it's my own business and all I have is bank account with money coming in an out.

Thanks!

So we are doing the same thing that you've just listed - Our money in assets (housing, savings, ect.) is well above the poverty line. The NVC isn't the one who actually approves if the money that you are able to show (only in assets) is enough - the embassy is the one who does that. So in my perspective as long as you are able to show that your assets are well over and can be turned into liquid cash within 1 year and well over the poverty line based on your household number then you should be okay to just use your assets.

We have a house and well over the amount in savings. I am connected to his accounts and he's been living with me (married) for over 6 years abroad. In addition we have a job offer contract that we have attached as well so when we come over we have proof that we will have a job (however the contract won't count as money assets - only that we will not be without a job and that's up to the consulate here to confirm if that's enough).

Good luck and I'll keep everyone updated on how NVC takes it!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Timeline

Technically, it will not work just showing assets though if the assets are several times the yearly salary required then it may suffice. I would strongly advice showing some kind of home business for your wife until such time the process is completed. The AOS is in case where you lose the ability to support yourself and there must be a US citizen able to take responsibility for you in that case.

Thank you for reply,

You have just game me a bright idea, my wife will be working for this company of mine getting all the income listed as mine otherwise. Since I can't sponsor myself I will ask my business partner in the US to make a letter with company's letterhead on top stating my wife is an employee of it (independent contractor via 1099 would be easy to do).

That would give us 60% of income requirement.

864P shows 125% of poverty line for family of 4 as almost $30K. We have 20K in income now, need another $10K multiplied by 3 for US citizens sponsoring spouses. We have around $35K in bank plus property with mortgage paid off, I guess it should be good then.

Timeline

So we are doing the same thing that you've just listed - Our money in assets (housing, savings, ect.) is well above the poverty line. The NVC isn't the one who actually approves if the money that you are able to show (only in assets) is enough - the embassy is the one who does that. So in my perspective as long as you are able to show that your assets are well over and can be turned into liquid cash within 1 year and well over the poverty line based on your household number then you should be okay to just use your assets.

We have a house and well over the amount in savings. I am connected to his accounts and he's been living with me (married) for over 6 years abroad. In addition we have a job offer contract that we have attached as well so when we come over we have proof that we will have a job (however the contract won't count as money assets - only that we will not be without a job and that's up to the consulate here to confirm if that's enough).

Good luck and I'll keep everyone updated on how NVC takes it!

Thank you for the info, please let us (me :-) know how that will work out for you, I have exact same situation. I will follow same road just behind you! Good luck!

Edited by kit10dog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry everyone I am trying to update our status in the various forums and I forgot this one. Yes we are the one that just got CC today. AOS Sept. 23 IV Oct. 23. I checked our status this morning and it still showed paid. Then tonight I just wanted to check again and it showed N/A. So I called NVC and they said they just finished our review and Case Completed today....Hand in there everyone its coming. PTL maybe I will see my hubby soon maybe even in time for the snow.

Congrats Kolewe, uko lucky sanaa!!! LOL, i got checklisted scan date OCT 20th, looks like late DEC for for CC. Keep us updated on Interview date/Interview!!!

Used to be send the original civil doc and a copy of it. Now that it's just photocopies, should we send one or two of each do you think?

Just one photocopy is needed as you're eliminating the original. Don't try to confuse NVC by sending two :P

Hi,

Thanks!

:secret: If your source of income is going to continue once you move to the US, you can absolutely use it!

Source: I-864 instructions, page 8, number 4b.

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.