Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Perfect... You hit the bulls eye...... :dancing:

Thanks to you... One last thing I will grab this opportunity than regret it later... if in case I have a dependent let's say even if I am not a sponsor if i have a kid do i need to add that on my household even if I can't provide ITR? or I don't have to?

JOURNEYI-130 STAGE Vermont Service Center

• 07-12-2014: I-130 Sent
  • 07-21-2014: NOA1
  • 11-12-2014: NOA2 (email & SMS notification----114 days from our NOA1 or 3 months 3 weeks and 1 day of waiting
  • 11-17-2014: NOA2 Hardcopy: (5 days after Email and SMS notification).

NATIONAL VISA CENTER STAGE

• 12-01-2014: NVC received
  • 01-06-2015: Case Number Assigned
  • 01-06-2015: Invoice Identification Number
  • 01-07-2015: D-S261 Completed
  • 01-10-2015: Received DS-261/AOS Bill
  • 03-23-2015: Pay AOS Bill
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Received I-864 Package
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Send AOS Package
  • 03-09-2015: Receive IV Bill
  • 03-23-2015: Pay IV Bill
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Send IV Package
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Received Instruction and Interview Appointment Letter
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Case Complete at NVC
  • XXXXXXXXXX: NVC Left
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Consulate Received
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Packet 3 Received

event.png event.pngevent.png <p>

You made a mistake, thus a checklist. There's no speeding up on a mistake you made.

Hi Saylin I need your opinion on this matter too and to anyone who can answer me.. if in case I have a dependent let's say even if I am not a sponsor if i have a kid do i need to add that on my household even if I can't provide ITR? or I don't have to? I am not the sponsor we do have a joint sponsor and I have a kid. Do I need to put my child on my household even if I don't have ITR coz I have been unemployed or the past few years? As stated on the screenshot attached I may exclude a child if it does not claim as dependent on my income tax. But for my case with no income tax how would I do this? Thank you

post-194415-0-24213500-1416073339_thumb.png

Edited by LE&GE

JOURNEYI-130 STAGE Vermont Service Center

• 07-12-2014: I-130 Sent
  • 07-21-2014: NOA1
  • 11-12-2014: NOA2 (email & SMS notification----114 days from our NOA1 or 3 months 3 weeks and 1 day of waiting
  • 11-17-2014: NOA2 Hardcopy: (5 days after Email and SMS notification).

NATIONAL VISA CENTER STAGE

• 12-01-2014: NVC received
  • 01-06-2015: Case Number Assigned
  • 01-06-2015: Invoice Identification Number
  • 01-07-2015: D-S261 Completed
  • 01-10-2015: Received DS-261/AOS Bill
  • 03-23-2015: Pay AOS Bill
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Received I-864 Package
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Send AOS Package
  • 03-09-2015: Receive IV Bill
  • 03-23-2015: Pay IV Bill
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Send IV Package
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Received Instruction and Interview Appointment Letter
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Case Complete at NVC
  • XXXXXXXXXX: NVC Left
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Consulate Received
  • XXXXXXXXXX: Packet 3 Received

event.png event.pngevent.png <p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Whats your scan date?

Your took 2 week for supervisor review? Mine is 26th day today but still they saying under review what to do?

I don;'t know what happened just we were calling everyday. I thought it would take month and bit more and therefore we sent checklist papers also. I got accustomed to wait next 2 months, i really wasn't expecting to get all so soon, thanks God!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don;'t know what happened just we were calling everyday. I thought it would take month and bit more and therefore we sent checklist papers also. I got accustomed to wait next 2 months, i really wasn't expecting to get all so soon, thanks God!

So you reponse to checklist and also put for supervisor review?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Guys thank God am stopping here. Saw d magical 3n/a so I guess is case complete. Last scan date is 2 Oct for iv. Cc on 12nov good luck to all of us. Saylin thanks for your assistance. No checklist

Guys thank God am stopping here. Saw d magical 3n/a so I guess is case complete. Last scan date is 2 Oct for iv. Cc on 12nov good luck to all of us. Saylin thanks for your assistance. No checklist

What's your aos scan date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I SEE THREE N/As. I'm so relieved. I really want to thank everyone on this forum for their support and guidance. When my case went to NVC, I was in the states (on valid B-1 Status) and had the option of adjusting my status. I had a few more months of school left and I decided to go for consular processing. I had read really old threads when NVC was a 30 day game. I came back a month before my I94 expired and send our papers. We did slack a lot and I advise everyone against it: We filed our I-130 5 months after our marriage. Our case was at NVC in April but we had no idea about the process and our first scan date was end of july and IV packet scan date was 23 Aug ie. we wasted four months in this process. If we were quicker, we could have saved 9 months. I had stumbled upon this monthly thread by chance and I think I would have been totally lost without Saylin's wiki and fellow VJers advice.

There is a lot of talk about the 60 day delay. This time used to be shorter. But from what I have read, spouses of Green Card holders are processed the same way now. The annual cap on their visas has been lifted and this created a huge backlog. Even though it's causing significant delays but I guess everyone has the right to meet their loved ones. 30 more days of processing for us, but it does cut down the processing delays for them which were running in years. The NVC recently hiked the Fee, the least they can do is get staffed.

I had sent in my AOS in july but got a checklist for part 13.a.1 and the most recent scan date was 1-oct-14 for the checklist.

IV Scan date was- 23-Aug-14. There are a lot of people with similar scan dates, my advice to them: consider every new day as a day less to when you will see your loved ones. Stay strong. I will call in the morning to confirm. just keeping my fingers crossed.

Many thanks to my fellow VJers, Saylin, Solenta, MSC and everyone else. I wish u guys the best.

My personal advice to everyone :

Please read Saylin's wiki very carefully.

The most important things to look for in your form to avoid a checklist:

- Question about active military service- A lot of people skip this one and have to go through another 2 months of torture.

- Part 13.a.1 - Fill in "Gross income" for any form except if filling "I864EZ" where we fill "Gross adjusted income"

- Unless your lawyer is very good, please proofread every document before you sign.

- If you are using income from someone and 1) he/she is related to you and you share a residence: Fill I864 for yourself + I864A for the member + proof of relationship + proof of common residence + proof of US citizenship of the supporting member when using I864A (I read someone got this checklist).

- If the address is different (ie. not a household member) - Use another I864 as a joint sponsor.

- Sign in black ink.

- Current income is what you earn now, not what you earned a year ago. However, if your previous return is lower than the 125% cutoff, it's advisable to fill in an I864A/I864 for a household/joint sponsor anyway. I had read somewhere that NVC is notorious for asking for additional support especially in borderline income cases when the last years return has been marginally below the 125%. ( Please correct me if wrong)

USCIS I-130 : Marriage: 2013-03-28, I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-27, I-130 Approved : 2014-02-24

NVC Stage: NVC Received : 07-Apr-2014, AOS Scan : 27-Jul-2014, IV Scan : 23-Aug-2014 , AOS Checklist Scan: 1-Oct-2014

Case Completed at NVC: 16-Nov-2014 Interview: New Delhi Consulate IV Date: 6-Jan-2015 Approved

Visa in hand:8-Jan-2015 Paid ELIS Immigrant Fee: 31-Mar-2015

POE Seattle-Tacoma Intl. Airport: 22-Apr-2015 (Switched from CR-1 to IR-1). POE (including changing from CR-1 to IR-1) took just 15 minutes.

SSN in mail: 27-Apr-2015

GC in Mail: Expected by 22-May-2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Its been 58 days of waiting since my last scan date (18th sep). I have been waiting for past 4 months since my aos package got scanned on 11th aug. god knows how long it's gonna take to get cc. it feels like forever now.

Edited by rgarg

CASE COMPLETE!

Last Scan Date : 24 September 2014

My mathematics formula for predicting CC worked perfectly for me and has worked perfectly for so many people!

If you would like me to use my data/math to work on your predicted date, please private message me your last scan date.

:dancing:

Timeline

CASE COMPLETE!

Last Scan Date : 24 September 2014

My mathematics formula for predicting CC worked perfectly for me and has worked perfectly for so many people!

If you would like me to use my data/math to work on your predicted date, please private message me your last scan date.

:dancing:

What was your AOS scan date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Alhamdulillah Just went to NVC site and saw AOS Fee changed from PAID to N/A. I am praying that it is a sign of Case Completed. Last Scan Date Sept 23rd.

Timeline

I SEE THREE N/As. I'm so relieved. I really want to thank everyone on this forum for their support and guidance. When my case went to NVC, I was in the states (on valid B-1 Status) and had the option of adjusting my status. I had a few more months of school left and I decided to go for consular processing. I had read really old threads when NVC was a 30 day game. I came back a month before my I94 expired and send our papers. We did slack a lot and I advise everyone against it: We filed our I-130 5 months after our marriage. Our case was at NVC in April but we had no idea about the process and our first scan date was end of july and IV packet scan date was 23 Aug ie. we wasted four months in this process. If we were quicker, we could have saved 9 months. I had stumbled upon this monthly thread by chance and I think I would have been totally lost without Saylin's wiki and fellow VJers advice.

There is a lot of talk about the 60 day delay. This time used to be shorter. But from what I have read, spouses of Green Card holders are processed the same way now. The annual cap on their visas has been lifted and this created a huge backlog. Even though it's causing significant delays but I guess everyone has the right to meet their loved ones. 30 more days of processing for us, but it does cut down the processing delays for them which were running in years. The NVC recently hiked the Fee, the least they can do is get staffed.

I had sent in my AOS in july but got a checklist for part 13.a.1 and the most recent scan date was 1-oct-14 for the checklist.

IV Scan date was- 23-Aug-14. There are a lot of people with similar scan dates, my advice to them: consider every new day as a day less to when you will see your loved ones. Stay strong. I will call in the morning to confirm. just keeping my fingers crossed.

Many thanks to my fellow VJers, Saylin, Solenta, MSC and everyone else. I wish u guys the best.

My personal advice to everyone :

Please read Saylin's wiki very carefully.

The most important things to look for in your form to avoid a checklist:

- Question about active military service- A lot of people skip this one and have to go through another 2 months of torture.

- Part 13.a.1 - Fill in "Gross income" for any form except if filling "I864EZ" where we fill "Gross adjusted income"

- Unless your lawyer is very good, please proofread every document before you sign.

- If you are using income from someone and 1) he/she is related to you and you share a residence: Fill I864 for yourself + I864A for the member + proof of relationship + proof of common residence + proof of US citizenship of the supporting member when using I864A (I read someone got this checklist).

- If the address is different (ie. not a household member) - Use another I864 as a joint sponsor.

- Sign in black ink.

- Current income is what you earn now, not what you earned a year ago. However, if your previous return is lower than the 125% cutoff, it's advisable to fill in an I864A/I864 for a household/joint sponsor anyway. I had read somewhere that NVC is notorious for asking for additional support especially in borderline income cases when the last years return has been marginally below the 125%. ( Please correct me if wrong)

Did they review your iv documents before they sent AOS CHECKLIST or theh reviewed checklist and iv package together?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.